Overclock Questions

Kornowski

VIP Member
With the RAM at 2.0v, still doesn't want to work?

Untitled-1-8.jpg

Kornowski

VIP Member
You can only change it between 7 and 6, you want it to go higher, not lower, so there's nothing we can do with that :cool:

colt1911

Your memory will handle 2.1volts , what are your timings set at ? I'm running my XMS at 2.1 volts but had to loosen my timings from 4-4-4-12 2T to 5-5-5-18 2T in order for a stable oc. I'm running my E6850 at 3700mhz . One other key change would be to bump up your NB voltage alittle.

Your memory will handle 2.1volts , what are your timings set at ? I'm running my XMS at 2.1 volts but had to loosen my timings from 4-4-4-12 2T to 5-5-5-18 2T in order for a stable oc. I'm running my E6850 at 3700mhz . One other key change would be to bump up your NB voltage alittle.

Darn it! You stole my post :p

Kornowski

VIP Member

I'll try 2.1v, thanks! :)

You have the 6400, were as I only have the 5400, maybe that's what's up? Also, what is your multiplyer at, mines locked at 7 and 6, 6 is pointless anyway :cool:

NB voltage, what would that?

colt1911

I'm running my NB at 1.4 volts anything past that and it gets too hot and becomes unstable, without adding an extra fan to blow on it .

colt1911

Only way to check or set it is in the bios. I know your running a Gigabyte board and mine is Asus so I don't know where to tell you exactly. It should be under the advance tab in the bios though.

colt1911

Danny check out these settings the MCH is your NB
Advanced BIOS Features
- Disable CPUID Max to 3
- Disable No-Execute Memory Protection
- Disable C1E
- Disable TM2
- Disable EIST
- Disable Virtualization Technology

PC Health Status
- Disable Smart Fan Control Method

Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)
- Press Ctrl+F1 for Advanced Settings
- CPU Clock Ratio (CPU Multiplier) at 7x
- CPU Host Frequency (FSB) at 430MHz
- PCI Express Frequency at 100MHz
- Disable CIA2
- System Memory Multiplier at 2.00 (1:1 Ratio)
- DRAM Timing at 5-5-5-15
- *** DDR2 OverVoltage Control +0.2V (2.0V) ***
- FSB OverVoltage +0.2V (1.4V)
- (G)MCH Voltage +0.1V (1.55V)
- *** CPU Voltage at 1.274V ***

*** Your settings may vary. Some may achieve stability at higher voltage, whereas some may achieve stability at a lower voltage. ***

Kornowski

VIP Member
Thanks Colt!

I seem to be able to get 2.8Ghz on stock volts, it's my RAM that craps out, I think I'll try 2.1v on the RAM...

Geoff

VIP Member
The RAM is only running at DDR2 808, voltage should not be an issue. It does not sound like a RAM issue to me.

I would also eventually lower the RAM timings, as those are very high. But I would wait until you get your processor where you want it first.

taylormsj

[-0MEGA-];915519 said:
The RAM is only running at DDR2 808, voltage should not be an issue. It does not sound like a RAM issue to me.

I would also eventually lower the RAM timings, as those are very high. But I would wait until you get your processor where you want it first.

Bearing in mind this ram is 667 MHz not 800 MHz, i think voltage increase is necessary