p4800-e unable to install on ide drive

StrangleHold

Staff member
If we are still talking about the p4P800-e. A quick look at the manual, pretty sure you can only run RAID through the SATA ports. Might be your problem

so i just aquired a floppy and tryin to format it but pop up says windows explorer stopped working???:eek: i have not touched a floppy since 1986 in computer class:cool:

If we are still talking about the p4P800-e. A quick look at the manual, pretty sure you can only run RAID through the SATA ports. Might be your problem

there are 2 raid drivers available SATA and IDE for this mobo and the ide is operational and has os on it but ...just need to boot floppy or usb to install correctly

i think its time to put the 478 socket to rest. I had this thing running and overclocked and still was not fast enough to stream you tube videos without a hiccup or 2. they are just too slow for today's needs. gonna find a 939 or 775 that still uses ddr1 so i can still use my corsair ram and agp cards.

never say die!! got it running..p4p800-e seagate 80g x2 ide raid seagate 100g ide backup prescott3.2 1m 800 clocked to 3.52 corsiar xtreme speed led 4g ddr400. pretty fast for an old fart of a computer.....had to unzip files to usb and install with various bios settings. that was fun and a learning experience.

I had a radeon 9700 installed but for some reason when windows updates it malfunctios so
I now have a sparkle nvidia fx5500 and i am looking for a good driver compatable with windows 7 32bit..the one that came with it is glitchy. i hear there are some older drivers that perform better...anyone have any leads? the radeon gave me a rating of 4.0 and 4.5 for a 128mb gpu and the nvidia 2.0 and 2.8 for 256mb gpu...how is this possible? i blame drivers.