PC for 2013 Help Please

Eric4753

Ok good. Thanks for the help... I should be building this in a few weeks or try to get someone to build it for me :) Also how long do you think the pc will last? (like be able to run high end games? at max graphics?)

spirit

Staff member
If you want to watch Blu-Rays then yeah, if not, then no. :D

If you get one, get a Blu-Ray ROM, don't bother with a burner.

I've got a Samsung one and it's pretty good.

spirit

Staff member
My Samsung one is good (comes with CyberLink software too which means you can watch your Blu-Rays). It's just a Samsung BR-ROM.

Case: NZXT SWITCH 810 Black CA-SW810-B1 Steel / Plastic ATX HYBRID Full Tower Gaming Computer Case - $169.99 USD

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - $199.99 USD ($179.99 combo)

CORSAIR CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - $79.99

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K - $229.99 USD

Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - $109.99 USD ($79.99 combo)

DVD Burner: SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB/RSBS - $20.99 USD

Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE 100351SR Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC with Boost $389.99 - $369.99(after 20 rebate card)

Ram: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR - $49.99 USD

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM - $99.99 USD

I was thinking MAX GRAPHICS :)

i woudent take corsair, i think 600 is to little for a pc with that specs, but anyway the reason why i woudent take a corsair is because the cabels are not very long.
so it can by that youre cabels are to short for a good cablemangement.
look for coolermaster in stead.

wbt50

600W Should be fine IMO, and Corsair is one of the better brands out there so I believe it should be fine.

spirit

Staff member
I'd always go for Corsair over Cooler Master when buying a power supply. The CX 600 is a great low cost unit.

The drive I've got is the Samsung SH-B123L. Any Samsung or LG drive will do though.

600W Should be fine IMO, and Corsair is one of the better brands out there so I believe it should be fine.

sorry i made a mistake the corsair is good, ocz has short cables.
but i still think better save then sorrow, go for the corsair 750m
mayby in time he wants a second card and then he wil be save with 750

ok well i was hoping to over-clock later on anyways.... and it takes more power... so what power system do you recommend? (what model?)

and spirit is this the one you are using? :AMSUNG Black Single: 18X Dual: 8X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model SH-118AB

link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151258z

Thanks,
Eric

sorry i made a mistake the corsair is good, ocz has short cables.
but i still think better save then sorrow, go for the corsair 750m
mayby in time he wants a second card and then he wil be save with 750

and i think for that build and money a ssd would be good as boot disk.
ather wise you will have a fast cpu, a verry fast graphics card, fast memory and a slow hdd.
samsung 840 120gb ssd is a verry good 1.
not the fastest (not slow ) but verry reliable

Eric4753

well ssd only affects game loading and booting up the system... (not the fraps in game) so i figured that would be an addon later when i get some more money....

Eric4753

also I went to the computer shop and asked a guy about my specs... he said they were good.. also he recommended getting this thing that can tell you the cpu temperature and fan control... where can i get these? any model you recommend? is it worth the money?

spirit

Staff member
I wouldn't bother with one of those. There are free programs you can download which do exactly that.

well ssd only affects game loading and booting up the system... (not the fraps in game) so i figured that would be an addon later when i get some more money....

yes true, ssd does nothing for fps.
and for the rest, you have a good configuration, persenley i would go for this card first Asus DirectCU II TOP Radeon HD 7970 but its a big one, 3 slots.
second i would go for

MSI HD 7970 Lightning

but still thats what i would do.
because the asus is fast/cool/and clocks well.
the msi clocks well

both cards are a little more power hungrey

Eric4753

thank you all for the help.... I will be getting a guy to build my pc in two days :) THAnk you for the help....

Eric4753

does newegg accept prepaid debit cards? like Visa because i was going to buy all my parts from there.....

Thanks

Eric4753

ok could i change the power supply from 600wm to 700w(m)?

model here: CORSAIR CX750M 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

spirit

Staff member
If you're only running one card (what card do you plan to get?) then 600W will be fine, but 750W will give you more future-proofing.