Pc for my dad

Deadpool

Sacrificing quality just to fit budget for a hard drive but picked the 470 over the 1050ti? So your saying the 470 is better then the 1050ti which is fine and dandy but why buy a shitty hard drive? Also if he does lightroom and photoshop why limit himself to such a small data drive? So no, you aren't thinking outside the box.

Small sata drive? He has a 250Gb SSD my friend. 250+320= 570. Which is more than the one that the 500Gb SSD had. I chose a shitty HDD because it´s on budget. Why the hell not? He already has an SSD, why doese the secondary mass storage Drive has to be fast??

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Does he really need a 250gb SSD? Probably not. Get a 120gb instead then with the money saved, get the 1tb for storage. I don't know who builds pc's anymore with only 320gb of storage on a regular HDD. 1tb is the minimum standard these days.

Deadpool

Does he really need a 250gb SSD? Probably not. Get a 120gb instead then with the money saved, get the 1tb for storage. I don't know who builds pc's anymore with only 320gb of storage on a regular HDD. 1tb is the minimum standard these days.

Then why don't you comment on the previous builds? All of them had a single 500Gb SSD.

I didn't think he would need more than that, and I didn't want to remove or downgrade any of the other parts. I don't think it's such a big deal. Certainly not enough to make my comment incomprehensible.

mistersprinkles

Small sata drive? He has a 250Gb SSD my friend. 250+320= 570. Which is more than the one that the 500Gb SSD had. I chose a shitty HDD because it´s on budget. Why the hell not? He already has an SSD, why doese the secondary mass storage Drive has to be fast??

You realize that your 570GB featuring a lightning fast 320GB HDD is only $25-30 cheaper than my 500GB SSD option, right? My option is also more reliable.

Let's let HDDs die. Budget SSDs are so affordable that they just make sense now. I have 620GB of SSD space and 2TB of HDD space and I wish I had more SSD space.

Deadpool

You realize that your 570GB featuring a lightning fast 320GB HDD is only $25-30 cheaper than my 500GB SSD option, right? My option is also more reliable.

Let's let HDDs die. Budget SSDs are so affordable that they just make sense now. I have 620GB of SSD space and 2TB of HDD space and I wish I had more SSD space.

Yes because it has a 470... I chose to take money from the SSD and put it into the GPU. And how is it more reliable? That PSU is far worse.

mistersprinkles

Yes because it has a 470... I chose to take money from the SSD and put it into the GPU. And how is it more reliable? That PSU is far worse.

I was talking about the storage being more reliable. I did a build with a better PSU too. Your option with a 320GB HDD is just silly.

Deadpool

I was talking about the storage being more reliable. I did a build with a better PSU too. Your option with a 320GB HDD is just silly.

I made one with a 850 EVO too, and a 470, only $20 over budget

And the one with the good PSU was only $90 over budget... Nice one? o_O

Intel_man

VIP Member
Just want to point out that, the OP's intention for the PC is to use Lightroom and/or Photoshop. Neither of those software is heavy GPU dependent and can benefit from faster harddrive speeds.

Deadpool

Just want to point out that, the OP's intention for the PC is to use Lightroom and/or Photoshop. Neither of those software is heavy GPU dependent and can benefit from faster harddrive speeds.

True. Still the 1050ti is just a bad purchase, for $25 more you can get a 470. Maybe with a 460 or less would be enough.

I´m not saying the 850 is a bad choice, I just don´t think a 500Gb SSD for a $600 build makes sense.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Why get the 470 when its not needed? The 1050ti would be fine take the 25 bucks and get the newer/bigger/faster 1tb hdd? As I said before, he probably could get by on a 120 gb ssd as well.

Intel_man

VIP Member
True. Still the 1050ti is just a bad purchase, for $25 more you can get a 470. Maybe with a 460 or less would be enough.
Why would it be a bad purchase? If you don't come close to maximizing the use of the GPU, then you don't need to buy something faster.

I just don´t think a 500Gb SSD for a $600 build makes sense.
It makes more sense to get a 500GB SSD that will be more useful in Lightroom/Photoshop than to go for a 470 that won't see performance improvements.

Deadpool

Why would it be a bad purchase? If you don't come close to maximizing the use of the GPU, then you don't need to buy something faster.

True and that´s why you don´t spend $140 on a GPU you don´t use, and you spend only $90, or less on a GPU that you will probably use. I mean the 470 is like %25-50 better than the 1050ti, and only $25 more, doesn´t matter if you need it or not, the 1050ti is just not a smart purchase.

Why get the 470 when its not needed? The 1050ti would be fine take the 25 bucks and get the newer/bigger/faster 1tb hdd? As I said before, he probably could get by on a 120 gb ssd as well.

The 1050ti is a stupid purchase man. Just get a 470 at that point. Doesn´t matter what your budget is. Instead of the 1050ti, take $50 from there and get the HDD, the SSD, and the 460 and whatever else you want.

mistersprinkles

^Have you forgotten to take your medication Deadpool? I will make an analogy of the ridiculous thing you are saying:

"The Danjitsu Surpresa ST has 200HP and costs $20,000 but it's a stupid purchase because the Surpresa STX has 350HP and only costs $28,000. I mean, what kind of idiot would buy the ST"

Maybe the idiot in question has no use for 200HP let alone 350HP.

Photoshop cant USE the extra performance from the 470. You would be spending an extra $25 just so you could say you had a better GPU. How does that benefit the OP? Also, your suggestion of an (oooooooold model) 320GB WD blue, which is a crap performing hard drive especially at that capacity was ludicrous given that photoshop ACTUALLY BENEFITS (I put that in caps because none of your "ideas" thus far would BENEFIT THE USER) from fast storage.

Just stop man. You're making a fool of yourself and filling this thread with crap that needs to be constantly debunked.

"I mean the 470 is like %25-50 better than the 1050ti, and only $25 more, doesn´t matter if you need it or not, the 1050ti is just not a smart purchase."

^Possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
True and that´s why you don´t spend $140 on a GPU you don´t use, and you spend only $90, or less on a GPU that you will probably use. I mean the 470 is like %25-50 better than the 1050ti, and only $25 more, doesn´t matter if you need it or not, the 1050ti is just not a smart purchase.

The 1050ti is a stupid purchase man. Just get a 470 at that point. Doesn´t matter what your budget is. Instead of the 1050ti, take $50 from there and get the HDD, the SSD, and the 460 and whatever else you want.

You make absolutely no sense at all. Hell he could probably run off of integrated graphics and be good. This is why I say I don't understand the things you post some times. Your posts don't make any sense.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Hell he could probably run off of integrated graphics and be good.
That's honestly not a bad idea if all the OP uses is Photoshop and Lightroom. The extra money saved from not getting a video card could be put towards a better processor that would improve performance.

mistersprinkles

^I looked at his build and I said:

"That's a number one record"

lX9cp4Z.jpg

Deadpool

^Have you forgotten to take your medication Deadpool? I will make an analogy of the ridiculous thing you are saying:

"The Danjitsu Surpresa ST has 200HP and costs $20,000 but it's a stupid purchase because the Surpresa STX has 350HP and only costs $28,000. I mean, what kind of idiot would buy the ST"

Maybe the idiot in question has no use for 200HP let alone 350HP.

Photoshop cant USE the extra performance from the 470. You would be spending an extra $25 just so you could say you had a better GPU. How does that benefit the OP? Also, your suggestion of an (oooooooold model) 320GB WD blue, which is a crap performing hard drive especially at that capacity was ludicrous given that photoshop ACTUALLY BENEFITS (I put that in caps because none of your "ideas" thus far would BENEFIT THE USER) from fast storage.

Just stop man. You're making a fool of yourself and filling this thread with crap that needs to be constantly debunked.

"I mean the 470 is like %25-50 better than the 1050ti, and only $25 more, doesn´t matter if you need it or not, the 1050ti is just not a smart purchase."

^Possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Ok I'll try not to be rude, but it's getting pretty difficult, since you are saying stupid shit and being disrespectful at the same time. I'll let it slide because you miss the point, probably because you are more interested in being right than actually helping.

Here it goes:

1- Your analogy is shit, because the point is, if you don't need the 350HP, and you don't need the 200HP (in case you didn't get it, he doesn't need the 1050 either), get something that has 150HP and pay 12,000. That's why I said that buying the 1050ti is idiotic. Just because it has a high price considering what it offers.

2- The thing about the genius stuff you wrote in caps, is that I also picked up a 850 EVO, only that I didn't pick up the ridiculous 500Gb version, so I don't see how he wouldn't benefit from fast storage with my build.

3- I agree, the 470 is unnecessary, and as I said, probably the 460 is unnecessary too. I admit that was a bad decision. He'll, even a 360 would be fine, or as john said, no GPU at all.

mistersprinkles

If that's what you meant to say then you have an issue with communication skills.

By the way how is a 500 GB SSD a ridiculous thing? I have one, it's fantastic for gaming. I also have a smaller one for my operating system as well as a 2 TB hard drive. If I could afford it right now, all of my storage would be solid state. Maybe we are Misunderstanding the very different way you communicate. I don't know. I just see you riding a lot of ridiculous things. Whether you mean for them to be ridiculous, or whether they are just poor communication or miscommunications on your part, I don't know

Deadpool

If that's what you meant to say then you have an issue with communication skills.

By the way how is a 500 GB SSD a ridiculous thing? I have one, it's fantastic for gaming. I also have a smaller one for my operating system as well as a 2 TB hard drive. If I could afford it right now, all of my storage would be solid state. Maybe we are Misunderstanding the very different way you communicate. I don't know. I just see you riding a lot of ridiculous things. Whether you mean for them to be ridiculous, or whether they are just poor communication or miscommunications on your part, I don't know

Jesus its the same thing again. Having something and loving it doesn't make it right to recommend it to other people. I have a 250B SSD and I love it. So what? Does that mean everybody has to buy it?

If you ate going to answer properly, you are welcome, if you are just gonna keep insulting and being patronizing then **** off. Your build is still going to be bad. Same as mine. The only good build here os john's build.

Edit: You know what else is fantastic? A 1080. You should add it to your build.