PC Gaming vs Console Gaming

Which do you prefer

• Total voters

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont know how people can play FPS on consoles...just the whole aiming thing....i just cant do it :p

Motorcharge

Gaming on a console is like using a mac instead of a PC. Pretty much all the pros and cons listed about consoles are the same thing as using a Mac. Other than controllers being easier to use on some games theres really no reason to get a console instead of a PC, esp since the 360 controllers work on PC.

FairDoos

When i first started gaming i started with a console and i must say i did enjoy it yer, until.. I built my first PC and i found a bigger range of games. On the PC the online players seem to be more older and mature unlike (from personal experience) when you play on the Xbox360 you get 8 Year olds calling you names and generally being complete idiots? Yer i admit you get that on PC to but it seems more of a relaxed idiocy? If i spelt that right? Another feature which makes me vote for PC is that i find it takes more skill to use a keyboard and mouse rather than a controller they seem quite boring if you ask me? And one last thing has anyone actually ever seen a LAN event where consoles have been brought to have clan matches? One other reason why i use PC the communitys great @ Lans ^^

Dont ask why i put so many Question marks at the end of each sentence i dont even know? Lol?

FairDoos

Im with him.....only real advantage to consoles over pcs imo are that they are cheaper....wont require you to upgrade all the time because all the games for console are optimised for the same hardware!

But isnt that the fun of building a computer? ^^

Twist86

Consoles lose this fight for one major reason. Emulation on PC. Thus PC is superior because it can become the console :p
My PS2 no longer works (controller 1 doesn't work) but my PC still has no issues ^-^

Everything else is just icing on the cake. They should surrender and make emulation software and sell it to us for half the price of a console then sell the games online. There would be a HUGE market as I wont buy a console new. I will wait 6-7 years and buy it cheap then enjoy the games via emulation as I HATE how poor the consoles parts are.

linkin

VIP Member
If i may add something:

Some games are just better for consoles. Assassin's Creed, for example. though the controls are not that hard to master, it feels more comfortable with a controller. I'm not sure if AC supports controllers for the PC because i haven't tried or looked.

Twist86

If i may add something:

Some games are just better for consoles. Assassin's Creed, for example. though the controls are not that hard to master, it feels more comfortable with a controller. I'm not sure if AC supports controllers for the PC because i haven't tried or looked.

Resident Evil 5 is that way....but to be fair it was a crappy port from console so its given that it would be that way.

ganzey

banned
i think the main reason most people game on consoles instead of computers is because they dont want to be labeled as a "geek"

Drenlin

Resident Evil 5 is that way....but to be fair it was a crappy port from console so its given that it would be that way.

Quite a few games are that way, really. Halo Wars is a really odd one in that it's an RTS, which is traditionally a PC game, but would be absolutely terrible on PC because of the control layout.

About the FPS games though...I actually prefer to use a controller for PC games. I've never liked using the mouse/keyboard combo. Only having two movement speeds is really annoying to me.

Last edited:

Flaring Afro

The new consoles are pretty lame imo. I own a 360 and wii, but there arent very many good games out. Companies seem to be concentrating more on graphics than gameplay on most games, and frankly all 3 consoles don't have very great graphics anyways. I still play a lot of N64 games, but i'm already tired of most of the newer ones like halo3.

I still havent learned to use a mouse though, I just stick with super high sensitivity settings on my 360 controller and can turn fine.

linkin

VIP Member
I haven't used my PS2 in over a year, and i would never buy a PS3 or 360. mainly because of the price and lack of good games (save GTA IV, that's one game i would play on console)

Rit

Considering this is a "Computer Forum" a majority of the people are going to vote PC anyways :p.

But like the first post said, depends on the game. For me FPS and RPGs are better on the computer while racing and sports are better on the console. Personal preference.

And remember... the cake is not a lie! :D

Archangel

VIP Member
Gaming on a console is like using a mac instead of a PC. Pretty much all the pros and cons listed about consoles are the same thing as using a Mac. Other than controllers being easier to use on some games theres really no reason to get a console instead of a PC, esp since the 360 controllers work on PC.

Forgetting splitscreen gaming here. ;)

Anyways, I have both, and use both quite a lot. both are great for gaming, but it depends on what game you want to play.
I use my 360 a lot to play a bit before I go to sleep. (have a screen next to my bed) much more relaxed than doing the same with a pc (i've tried that, it doesnt work well with the keyboard and mouse.)
for a Lan, it's a pc hands down, but for just and evening playing with some friends, I think the console is better suited for that.