PC Gaming vs Console Gaming

Which do you prefer

• Total voters

Twist86

Quite a few games are that way, really. Halo Wars is a really odd one in that it's an RTS, which is traditionally a PC game, but would be absolutely terrible on PC because of the control layout.

About the FPS games though...I actually prefer to use a controller for PC games. I've never liked using the mouse/keyboard combo. Only having two movement speeds is really annoying to me.
Some games like GTA and Red Faction type of games I agree controllers work better and driving games I love controllers for that (wont pay those retarded prices for G25 and stuff)

FPS/RPG controllers are to restrictive and slow for my taste. Plus when you have a light "auto aim" to help you its like activating the "wussy" mode imo.

russb

Let me rephrase my post Raiderfan you must be crap at playing games if you have to resort to (your words not mine,hacks, cheats )

bigdogz4u2

I love both Console and PC.
There are some game you cant get and play on PC and some game you cant play on the console.

PC Games.

Pros:
Best Graphics
Better Control of FPS using mouse and keyboard
Choices of Mods, Personalize...etc

Cons:
Avg Gaming PC cost at least $1000
Requires updating hardware to keep up with the gaming graphics
Not too many exclusive games besides some online RPGs

Console Games(Xbox360 and PS3):

Pros:
Cost $199 - $350
Lot of Exclusive Games
Up to 4 Players can play under one roof
Better control for Racing, Action/third person games

Cons:
Price of Games
Somewhat Graphics

It all depends the games you play. I have all 3 (XBOX 360, PS3, Gaming PC) and I love them all.

Last edited:

Flaring Afro

^ Yeah, it's definitely not an average cost of $1,000. My asus LAPTOP cost $1,100 almost a year ago and it plays crysis on all settings at very high at its native resolution (1440x900).

Twist86

Cons:
Avg Gaming PC cost at least $1000

Console Games(Xbox360 and PS3):

Pros:
Cost $199 - $350

Actually no...gaming systems range from $600 to $1200 and the low end can easily play any game....and consoles when they first came out were $399.

So you can hardly compare normal systems as $1000...rig in my sig I spent $700 for (but I am good at getting deals) and this was almost 2 years ago.

wellhellothere

Actually no...gaming systems range from $600 to $1200 and the low end can easily play any game....and consoles when they first came out were $399.

So you can hardly compare normal systems as $1000...rig in my sig I spent $700 for (but I am good at getting deals) and this was almost 2 years ago.

I'd say $1000 (£624) is about right for a decent rig to be honest. Im not particularly up to scratch with american prices, but in the UK spending about £600 will get you an above average pc.

For example - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-062-OE

You obviously are good at getting decent deals; if your average joe wanted to buy a pc like that one in your sig, your looking at atleast £600-£700 (feel free to link me with some prices for it all and prove me wrong)

Last edited:

Flaring Afro

nah, in america $600 could get you a pretty good gamer, even a decent pre-built one. You don't need a quad core for gaming.

Aastii

VIP Member
I'd say $1000 (£624) is about right for a decent rig to be honest. Im not particularly up to scratch with american prices, but in the UK spending about £600 will get you an above average pc.

For example - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-062-OE

You obviously are good at getting decent deals; if your average joe wanted to buy a pc like that one in your sig, your looking at atleast £600-£700 (feel free to link me with some prices for it all and prove me wrong)

When I first built this system in november 2007, my specs were:

Asus P5N-E SLI mobo
Intel C2D E6750
2x1GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400
Asus 8600GT silent cooling
750W off brand (yes I know, I was stupid :p) PSU
Aspire x-Infinity case
180GB Hitatchi HDD
HP DVD reader

All of that came to only just voer £400, and can still play just about any game out. Because of graphics and memory, obviously not at high, but £450 maybe THEN could have built you a system that could play any game out on max settings. You could buy that now for maybe £150-200, and, as I say, that will play any game, and again, as I say, not on high settings, but can still play them, and that is comparable/cheaper than a console.

I can't give you links to stuff, I bought it all from Bowlers, so not a website ;)

wellhellothere

and that is comparable/cheaper than a console.

Yeah ok, but it wont look nearly as good as a console outputting 1080p.

Lol, i'm siding with the wrong people here, i spend all my life arguing PC's are way superior, yet here i am defending consoles :eek:

Just feeding the discussion is all! :D

I'd be interested to see how much it would cost to build say a PS3 equivilent PC though

Twist86

Big difference between £600 and $600...so £600 = $860 which is more then enough to build my system in my signature. Also the US has better prices on parts then the rest of the world seems to you. You guys always seem $20-$30 more and you have to pay shipping where 90% of my stuff I never pay shipping.

Flaring Afro

I'd actually bet my HTPC's 128 bit HD4650 has better (or at least as good as) graphic capabilities than my 360, and that cost me $30 shipped (newegg).

A big reason why consoles are more popular is every kid has one, but most kids (especially elementary school) don't get a pc, and even if they did they would probably mistreat it and slow it down too much for games (not that most adults don't mistreat their computers). I'd bet with adults the pc is a bit more used.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
Yeah ok, but it wont look nearly as good as a console outputting 1080p.

Lol, i'm siding with the wrong people here, i spend all my life arguing PC's are way superior, yet here i am defending consoles :eek:

Just feeding the discussion is all! :D

I'd be interested to see how much it would cost to build say a PS3 equivilent PC though

2007, the year of CoD4 for instance. My computer looked a hell of alot better playing it than a 360 or PS3 does (I have played CoD4 on PC, xbox, PS3 and wii, but obviously wii graphics aren't as good :p) and it is easier to play (imo)

wellhellothere

Im trying so hard to find some reasons that consles are good, but its just not happening is it. :p

I do still stand by the fact racing/fighting games are much more fun on consoles though :)

Aastii

VIP Member
Im trying so hard to find some reasons that consles are good, but its just not happening is it. :p

I do still stand by the fact racing/fighting games are much more fun on consoles though :)

oh yea, you are spot on right there. Same with music games...hence why guitar hero on PC epically failed :p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Id like to know why PS3 games are so expensive in some places,some go for around £49.99 :eek:

Rippoff realy when you can get the same game on xbox for about £15 cheaper.

wellhellothere

oh yea, you are spot on right there. Same with music games...hence why guitar hero on PC epically failed :p

lol! didnt even know it existed on the pc to be honest!

For me, i think the only advantage is being able to sit with some mates on the sofa and play a game or two - never mind how bad quality it is. At the end of the day, i spend 99% of my life playing on my pc, and nothing beats it, but at the same time, its great to play tekken against a mate, for example.

Aastii

VIP Member
Id like to know why PS3 games are so expensive in some places,some go for around £49.99 :eek:

Rippoff realy when you can get the same game on xbox for about £15 cheaper.

I am fairly sure it is because Sony lose out on every PS3 they sell, they make up for it in games. that and they run their master servers for no fee.

Microsoft however (correct me if I am wrong) atleast break even on all of their consoles, so games are profit, and Live is a subscription thing, so they don't have to charge through games for it

lol! didnt even know it existed on the pc to be honest!

For me, i think the only advantage is being able to sit with some mates on the sofa and play a game or two - never mind how bad quality it is. At the end of the day, i spend 99% of my life playing on my pc, and nothing beats it, but at the same time, its great to play tekken against a mate, for example.

Tekken isn't my thing :p

All of the people that I game with have a gaming PC aswell as consoles, so we play over the internet, or I might take my system to someones house and play, they might bring it here and play over LAN. Because all of the people that I game with (except for CoD4 clan and WoW guild) live a half hour walk at most or a bus ride away, going there with my PC or them coming to me isn't too difficult to do it. Finding monitors however is quite hard :p but I promise you I have had more fun on a LAN with people than I have split screen on a console (except for guitar hero and rock band :p)