PC "noob" quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motoxrdude

EnglandUK said:
C'mon, wake up please, when you dig up old quotes of people on this forum and post them thats harsh, when you name call, thats harsh too.

Looking your post count you probably are better friends with Geoff then me so I guess you would take sides cos thats who you are. Dont address me with your childish posts, think about what this thread is about and the people it makes fun of.
One thing, who are u to say who i am??? You dont know me, let alone my first name. but no biggie, you probly just said it while rambling. And calling that harsh isnt "childish". Just when you "address" somoneone and belittling them, i think is harsh.

O well no big deal, just letting you know my thoughts, completly ignore this post.

Maybe what i am saying is "noobish"???:)

Mr.Blonde

computer salesman in the late '90s "They'll never make processors above 700Mhz because there's nothing that could ever use that much power"

hahaha.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
ro0kie said:
You really can't blame evryone for being such noobs when it comes to using a computer. A lot of pple dont know anything about computers, thats why Bestbuy has Geek Squad or tech support. We were all noobs at one point, thats why we ask questions on forums to learn, although they should really check out the 101 first. But yeah thats how I learned a lot from reading through a lot of posts in this forum and online.

Not to put you down, but don't take everything that Best Buy, and especially the Geek Squad says as gold. As I'm sure that they hire some quality people, most are just blowing smoke up your butt. P.S. I've seen the aftermath of what some of the Geek Squad people did to a laptop power supply. I'll explain more later... Oh, and as far as networking goes, the Best Buy people I've dealt with don't know as much as they think they do. I've also had to repair/set-up many home wireless networks that didn't work because of their advice.

Xelogen

ok people heres one for ya. I was trying to explain to my aunty what i did for a job and got on the topic of computers....... she said "what's a file??"

Now that's as low as you can go!!! :)

DCIScouts

VIP Member
There's an e-mail from that lists some of the more interesting conversations that the Dell tech support people have had. Don't know where I put it, but I remember one was where a lady thought that her CD drive was a cup holder and couldn't figure out why it kept closing when the computer would start up... Although I don't like demeaning the non-computer savvy, but there are some people who should just stay as far away from technology as possible, mostly for their own safety. ;)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
dciscouts said:
There's an e-mail from that lists some of the more interesting conversations that the Dell tech support people have had. Don't know where I put it, but I remember one was where a lady thought that her CD drive was a cup holder and couldn't figure out why it kept closing when the computer would start up... Although I don't like demeaning the non-computer savvy, but there are some people who should just stay as far away from technology as possible, mostly for their own safety. ;)

it'd be funny if they put a cup holder instead of a cd rom in a computer and sell it to an absolute computer noob.

skidude

"Wait, you mean the floppy drive is not the place where I put my credit card when I order something off amazon?!?!?"

skidude

A Dell customer called to say he couldn't get his computer to fax anything. After 40 minutes of trouble-shooting, the technician discovered the man was trying to fax a piece of paper by holding it in front of the monitor screen and hitting the "send" key.

Me- "What kind of clock speeds do you have??"
Friend- "I can't tell you that, my clock is digital"

"Oh man, I just got a PC from Bestbuy today and man does it play CS 1.6 at like 50 FPS!!"

ro0kie

banned
If you guys think that's funny... I reformatted my dad's comp. with korean windows xp so he doesn't have to ask me about evrything. Now evrything on his comp is in korean even the start button. One day I was helping him out and I told him to click on "start" in korean but he still had a hard time looking for it even though it was in korean.. I was like, oOkay I'm going to js leave the room now.. -_-

spkenn5

Customer: I don't have a '7' key.
Support: It's between the '6' and '8' key.
Customer: I don't have a '7' key.
Support: Do you see the '1' key?
Customer: Yes.
Support: What's to the right of that?
Customer: '2'
Support: And further right?
Customer: '3', '4', '5', '6'
Support: What's the next key?
Customer: '8'
Support: It should be to the left of the '8'
Customer: Oh, that '7' key?

34erd

Geek squads an idiot.

Me: Where are your fans
GS: Right here
Me: Thanks
GS: What do you need it for?
Me: I just want to add another fan to cool my RAM (I've got VX which get s pretty toasty)
GS: Oh, then you need this: (Hands me a $30 BFG ramsink)
Me: I've already got a sink. I just want a fan
GS: Well just bring it in and we'll fix it
Me: No, I just need anotehr fan
GS: (Me being twelve he thinks i'm an idiot) are you sure?
Me: Yes
GS: Cause its only 20 and we'll fix it
Me: No thanks (at this point I'm trying not to be rude because my moms there) Where are the floppys?
GS: But the floppys of the future, are flash drives. See you put it in this thing called a USB port, and it transfer data. Amazing right?
Mom: Yeah! (She's clueless and is about to buy it)
Me: I dont need one I'm just uuh (I was flashing my BIOS, but at the big deal he made from adding a fan, I decided not to mention it)

M0ddingMan1a

34erd said:
Geek squads an idiot.

Me: I just want to add another fan to cool my RAM (I've got VX which get s pretty toasty)
Me: No thanks (at this point I'm trying not to be rude because my moms there) Where are the floppys?
GS: But the floppys of the future, are flash drives. See you put it in this thing called a USB port, and it transfer data. Amazing right?
Me: I dont need one I'm just uuh (I was flashing my BIOS, but at the big deal he made from adding a fan, I decided not to mention it)

wow........ i woulda just smacked him and walked off.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Me: how much memory do you have?
Friend: 160gigs

That's a perfectly legitimate answer. You didn't specify what kind of memory, so the friend told you how much non-volatile memory was available.

I know I have asked my fair share of n00bish questions, and I feel that this kind of humor is insensitive at the very least. I'd much rather see a thread that rotates around "what was your most n00bish moment." That is humourous and entertaining, and not slamming poor people whose only problem is lack of knowledge.

skidude

34erd said:
Geek squads an idiot.

Oh man so true, just because you are young does not mean you are automatically stupid.

MIK3daG33K

Grandma: I dont' know what i did i hit something and now thats all it does is type in caps. I think I got a virus.

Me: Hit the caps locks, which is an 1/8th of and inch to the left of the A button

Grandma: Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.