Kesava

I am selling my Pentium D 945.
Here are the specs:

3.4 Ghz
4 Mb cache (2x2mb)
800mhz Fsb
17x Multiplier

I am asking $60 Shipped through paypal.
Although I will consider any other offers, I am wanting that amount.
The delivery will be insured.

It does not come with a cpu cooler.
Consider it OEM.

I will ship to anywhere expect Nigeria :)

Thanks all.

Last edited:

Kesava

Yeah its perfectly stable at 4 ghz.
However it wasnt overclocked during the time i had it.
I only overclock my cpu's to see the max.
I dont have them overclocked the rest of the time cos i dont need the power.

Kesava

haha thats where like 90% of all those scammers originate from. hardly anyone on ebay will ship to nigeria. so i just said it sorta as a joke but yeah i wont ship there :D

Geoff

VIP Member
$35 is a great deal! Bah, if only you were in the states I may get it for my server :p

Kesava

haha well postage shouldnt be that much :( haha

maybe around USD$12, but thats included in the price so if it ends up costing more, i lose money not you :)

Last edited:

WhiteFireDragon

how much faster is this thing over my e2180? pentium D's have a faster clock, but core2's are more efficient. i may be interested, but a few questions first:

is 4ghz the absolute max speed? what mobo did you try this OC on? how long have you had it?

Kesava

Yes the 2140/60/80 are more efficient, im not really sure how it compares though.
With 4mb cache im thinking its probaly better for some things. Though im not sure

nah i never bothered to overclock above 4ghz just cos it was a nice number. And i really dont like pushing my cpu if i think its getting a bit high.
I can get 3.6 Ghz stable on my quad... so i could go higher. But im not gonna try haha

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
:( its slower then your 2180.

haha.

cos the 2180 is much more efficient.

tho the pentium d does beat it at something. not sure what. cant remember now.

nah i never bothered to go above 4 just cos it was a nice number
I'm not sure actually, the E2180 is only 2.0GHz with only 1MB of L2 Cache. The 3.4GHz PD may very well perform better.

Kesava

ok well im not really sure performance wise.
But i think postage, fully insured will probably cost around $12.

so yeah... what about $45 shipped? would that be alright?
ill see if i can think of anything else to throw in there :)

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
For day-to-day tasks, I would think they would be equal performers, but for anything that requires a bit of performance, my money would be on the D.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Heh - If ever given the chance, I probably would. D's have the same lemming-esque stigmata that Dell has; people who don't know anything about them except that they're 'yesterday's technology' fail to see how useful they really are. For the record, the SR 71 Blackbird was 'yesterday's technology' too, FWIW...;)

At $45 shipped to the US, wow. Someone grab it quick - that's an excellent deal! I'm tempted myself but now that I'm not doing full-time repairs anymore, my wife said only bring in what I need - no more stockpiling parts:mad:

Kesava

like $60 shipped?
that seems like a lovely amount of money... but everyone seems to be telling my how good a deal it is, but no one seems to want to buy it. hahah

I looked these up on ebay.com and they seem to be around 80USD without shipping. So i guess this price is decent.

what mobo did you try this OC on?
Sorry I forget to answer this, I overclocked it on my Gigabyte P31-DS3L

Last edited:

Kesava

So, any offers?
I really need the money so I am wanting to sell this quickly. $60 Shipped, fully insured post.

You know you want it :)

Kesava

No one is interested?
Im not set at that price, if you only wish to pay a certain amount then please either PM me or post here and i may accept it.