Photo Tournament: The Military

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyD86

banned
yeah that is quite an impressive picture for someone on CF. i say fess up.

+1. if your dad maintained the blue angels aircraft, you wouldn't be submitting an entry taken from an airshow, you'd have behind the scenes pictures. i'm callin the dude out on this one, he is definitely full of it

DirtyD86

banned
Just out of curiosity what do you see in the photo that makes it so special?
Also why is it above CF standards?

two fully armed f-16s, at a range of < 20 yards at approx 30,000 ft popping flares over the ocean... it's just an impressive shot, the content of it i mean. the quality is definitely so so.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
two fully armed f-16s, at a range of < 20 yards at approx 30,000 ft popping flares over the ocean... it's just an impressive shot, the content of it i mean. the quality is definitely so so.

My point exactly. There is not a thing special about the shot at all besides where it was taken and what it was of.

I bet almost everyone here at CF is capable of taking a very similar photo, if giving the chance.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Also, go easy on the guy.
I for one didn't know it switched from innocent until proven guilty to guilty until proven innocent :rolleyes:

DirtyD86

banned
Also, go easy on the guy.
I for one didn't know it switched from innocent until proven guilty to guilty until proven innocent :rolleyes:

Changed pic. My dad took this awhile ago... He was in a B-52 above these fighters. He snuck a camera aboard and got be this awesome picture! This was with a film camera, but we took it to a shop and they put it on an SD card.

From what he said, those are dud missles, used for training purposes only.

he said it himself, he didn't take the photo.

also, those aren't dud missiles, they are AICM flares. seems like the son of a former fighter pilot would know this...
a military officer would not "sneak a camera onboard" a B-52 and risk being court-martialed and having his career fall apart for the sake of a novelty photo. also, his father being a retired pilot that now works on the blue angels aircraft is complete BS. the average age of the support and maintenance team is 26 years old, and it doesn't stray too far in either direction. pilots in the military usually retire in their thirties and go on to the airlines for the remainder of their flying days. he is basically saying his dad was in the military, then left and went to the airlines, and then re-enlisted in the military....

it's not a big deal, but it was a lie, and it should be exposed.

Last edited:

DirtyD86

banned
I was referring to the accusations towards him and his family, not the photo.

as a military brat and instrument rated pilot who is about to enlist in OCS, i can tell you with 100% certainty there is no possible way his story checks out

Last edited:

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Maybe so, but there is still no reason to call him out on it.
If he feels the need to make up lies for what ever reason, then let him do so, it's still no concern of yours.
Unless it some how affects your life, which in this case, I fail to see it doing so. However if it did, then by all means take it up with him personally, otherwise just let it go.

We've brought this thread off track enough as it is. If you want to continue the conversation feel free to use the forums PM feature.

Further posts/ threads dealing with this matter will be deleted.

Mez

a b52 is a huge bomber, there is an area at the back where a picture could be taken. that being said, the chances of a person servicing the blue angels and also flying on a b52 are slim and none.

My father is in the Air Force, not the Blue Angels. When you said if he was a pilot I thought you mean't if he was a Airforce pilot not a Blue angels pilot. Thats a rare occasion lol, and he wouldn't be that good .

After he retired from the air force he went on to helping maintain the Blue Angels aircraft as a repairsmen.

I could just put the old picture if you like, I just didn't see anything about not having to be your "own" picture.

And the picture that a posted, those fighters were not going their top speed, it was a test run to see if everything was working okay. The B-52 that my father was in wasn't a WWII style one, the Airforce has adapted the B-52, and modified it to have a cargo bay door, and everything else that was up to the modern day standards.. They had the Oxygen masks on and everything.

They were not flying at ver very high altitudes, as taking a picture from up there this good, would be a 1 to a million chance.

Call me a fess up, full of crap, or whatever. I'll just take the photo off and give up if it makes you guys happy.

I have no hard feelings against you Dirty, I totally understand your thoughts and expressions. Its just that... you went so hard on me without even getting the details straight.

Hope this helped...

Last edited:

DirtyD86

banned
My father is in the Air Force, not the Blue Angels. When you said if he was a pilot I thought you mean't if he was a Airforce pilot not a Blue angels pilot. Thats a rare occasion lol, and he wouldn't be that good.

After he retired from the air force he went on to helping maintain the Blue Angels aircraft as a repairsmen.

the blue angels are the USN's public demonstration squad, they are only affiliated with the navy and in some cases the marine corps, but never the air force. driving enlistment is the primary purpose and for that reason the angels and thunderbirds are very competitive, and would never associate with one another. all maintenance and flight sustainability is done by members of the USN, they do not contract civilians for these purposes which means if your father does indeed work on the angels, he would have retired from the air force and enlisted into the navy, which is the most irrational thing a retiring navy officer could do.

nothing you are saying checks out, and i believe you to be lying to the members of CF, which i have a real problem with. with respect to vroom skies position as a moderator, i won't comment on the issue further

Mez

I give up you win. Happy? I'm 18 and have never been in the airforce, navy, army, anything! This is my father. Not me.

I was wrong photography is not my thing, and I should have never posted this. Best wishes.

DirtyD86

banned
i think i may have just discovered my only hope of ever winning a photo competition...

ramodkk, that reflection in the chrome of the engine doesn't much look like you :p :)

Punk

Staff member
i think i may have just discovered my only hope of ever winning a photo competition...

ramodkk, that reflection in the chrome of the engine doesn't much look like you :p :)

Actually, I think Scout will win, he already has my vote :D

Vizy

yea i'm with D on that. It is a popularity contest. Who suck's whose d*ck :p jk.

Scout just won tho...

vroom_skies

VIP Member
r u kidding me? I doodle your name all over my notebooks in school :cool:
If you do that for me, I'd hate to see what you do for some of the more prominent members lol.
you're a moderator, so you get ass kissing points, plus you are one of the better photographers on the boards

...see how i did that :p
I don't think I've won since I've been a mod.

4NGU$- I think it's a safe bet to set the poll up.

Status
Not open for further replies.