Please help, Got my motherboard replacement, but Im having different problems now,

wbt50

I finally got my replacement motherboard. But I'm having more problems now :/

After building everything. I started up my PC, It POST fine, but I got no display on my monitor. Checked every cable and everything.

What's wrong this time ? Sorry for dumping my problems on you but I fear I'm having a mental breakdown.

wolfeking

banned
How do you know it post if you can not see anything on the monitor? Antilogic there.

Try a different monitor.

wbt50

Well,it post since I get one short beep. I thought that's what to POST meant. Apologies.

I've taken out my hard drives, and I can see the display fine.

So the problem lies somewhere with the hard drives.

wolfeking

banned
Reinstall the OS. Or Boot to a Linux disk and see if it sees the disk. If not, then your issue is with a disk, and you must RMA it.

spirit

Staff member
I'm going to suggest you've got a bad HDD there. Try it in another PC and see if the same problem occurs.

wbt50

Problem solved.
I just switched the sata port between the both drives and it boots fine.
I guess Windows wanted everything as it was on my previous motherboard.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Oh btw, how come my RAM speed is 1366 when its meant to go at 1600 ?

wbt50

Thought so.
I hope I'll be trouble free for a good time after this build. I swear I'm the most unlucky first time builder ever haha. We should create like a wbt50 problems thread or something ahah.

Thanks everyone here for all the help also. My PC would most likely be in a dumpster by now if it wasn't for you guys.

wbt50

Thanks, you too.
New problem again however.

The performance of my PC is just pure crap. Every programme freezes and I get a BSOD(blue error screen) after a while. The error just shows up for a second and the computer turns it self off. Then, I have to take out my Sata cables and reapply them for windows to boot.
What's wrong now ? I'm guessing I have to reinstall windows again right ?

wbt50

This is scratching my head now.
I've cleared cmos. Started up with just CPU and RAM and using the onboard display and I get nothing on screen. The monitor detects the computer, but nothing displays.

wbt50

Just noticed something.
When i start the computer. A tiny white horizontal line (the one you get when the computer loads after starting) Flashes for a second on the screen.

spirit

Staff member
Check your RAM with Memtest86 or start removing sticks one by one until the problems go away. Might be worth re-seating your sticks too.

wbt50

Is it possible to run memtest with no display ?

Also, perhaps updating the bios might work. Would you know if its possible to update it with no display ?

spirit

Staff member
So you have absolutely no display at all now? Not even if you disconnect one of your hard drives?

The issue could be RAM. Remove one of your sticks and see if you get a display.