Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I download games illegally

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I use steam and direct2drive sometimes. I like not needing to have stacks upon stacks of cds for games.

epidemik

I prefer steam. I always loose and scratch discs and I've never had issues with steam.

The only reason most of my games are on CD/DVD is because I tend to find them cheaper (either on sale or second hand).

Twist86

I download games I can't find in the store. I want a physical copy in case steam goes out of business tomorrow.

Mitch?

banned
I've downloaded games illegally, and alot legally through Steam.
I generally buy the games, but I won't shell out $50 for a game I play, and end up hating.

Vizy

ehh, i marked everything. wth, life is a rollercoaster and all we can do is ride it....

awildgoose

arr now that i have that out of my system, i don't download games, mainly because i have a farking tiny bandwidth cap~12gb's plus with steam you can't sell games when you're done with them

That must put you in Australia or New Zealand then ay? Aren't we like the only ones still on capped downloads?

And wow, people actually admitted to illegally downloading games...

epidemik

I download games I can't find in the store. I want a physical copy in case steam goes out of business tomorrow.

People have brought this up and I believe the conclusion was that if they were to go out of business, a patch would be released allowing you to still play your games.

Ac3

I checked that I have illegally, which is true, but only when the game doesn't have a demo. If I want to keep it, I'll go buy it from the store. Otherwise I just get rid of it.

Twist86

People have brought this up and I believe the conclusion was that if they were to go out of business, a patch would be released allowing you to still play your games.

Its the point more then anything...I just use Steam as a example. I usually make DVD back ups of all my games as well.

Fact is IF they went out and you lost your HDD where you getting those games? Answer...torrent because you wont want to pay for them again :p

im so surprised this thread is open, people are admitting to pirating.

Well when you spend your hard earned cash (you know the money the US doesn't tax you to support degenerates sucking off lady liberties tit) you don't want to waste it on a crappy game like Far Cry 2 or Cryostasis.

Gaming companies are the TRUE pirates. They treat customers like them and then wonder why we stop buying their crap. I REFUSE to buy ANY EA game unless its used to dick EA sales.

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Well, i think the reason this is open for now is because it just has one option about illegal, and is not discussing how to do certain illegal things. I download alot of games with steam though, i like being able to just have all my games download if i reformat, vs having to install each one by one.

Geoff

VIP Member
Right, like people will openly admit they download games illegally. Of course I posted this without reading any of the posts above. :)

Twist86

[-0MEGA-];1282125 said:
Right, like people will openly admit they download games illegally. Of course I posted this without reading any of the posts above. :)

LOL well since 99% of the illegal downloaders are not getting trouble throughout the world of course they would openly admit it ^-^

RIAA is just using scare tactics...they have so far actually caught maybe 2000-3000 people and took them to court. That is a tiny percentage.

Droogie

Well when you spend your hard earned cash (you know the money the US doesn't tax you to support degenerates sucking off lady liberties tit) you don't want to waste it on a crappy game like Far Cry 2 or Cryostasis.

Gaming companies are the TRUE pirates. They treat customers like them and then wonder why we stop buying their crap. I REFUSE to buy ANY EA game unless its used to dick EA sales.

oh i agree completely, not saying i don't do it. i'm just saying anytime there is even a mention of illegally acquiring software or games, the thread is closed. yet this one remains open.

[-0MEGA-];1282125 said:

I checked that I have illegally, which is true, but only when the game doesn't have a demo. If I want to keep it, I'll go buy it from the store. Otherwise I just get rid of it.

eh. i download some games illegally.

I've downloaded games illegally, and alot legally through Steam.
I generally buy the games, but I won't shell out $50 for a game I play, and end up hating.

we can tell :p