POLL : The worse Microsoft OS ever made....

Which is the worse ever OS?

• Total voters

kof2000

whenever my windows ME crashes i cannot end tasks and had to hard restart. when i was working in the office i've used windows 3.1 LOL.

winxp_hater

tweaker said:
Oh you mean the,

"Cannot delete X: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

issue?

Is that easily fixed problem supposed to be a reason to hate XP.. :p

j/k :)

Well Tweaker right now yes.
Easily fixed no.
Tried everything.
But nuff bout prob and back to original post.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Why did Microsoft bother with it?

In college, I went around to fix various people's computers with problems and issues that they were having... I would have to say that out of all the computers that I fixed, only 2 of countless ones were ME operating systems. I now work in a electronics store, and when people have problems with their computer software, most of them have ME. My question is, why did MS even bother releasing this piece of crap that was lovingly called Windows Millenium? While everyone was trying to prevent the Y2K bug, MS released one in an OS form... :)

jesbax

i hate ME. it was the most hurry up job microsoft came up with. All my customers that have win ME hate it. it has costed them a lot of trouble and most of my customer are over the age of 50. The only two OS i work with and upgrade their pc's to win 2000 or win xp. I have 3 computers at home and they run windows xp. MY wife's computer is a 700mhz p3 with 256MBs of ram. My server is a p1 200mhz with 208MBs of ram. and my computer is well look at sig.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
"Cannot delete X: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."
Heheh relating a bit to point 2 ... people cant be bothered to handle individual processes one at a time (and still have all sorts of automatic crap happening for them) :)

timothyb89

Drastik said:
Amen to that.

Check out my topic here :
http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=14241

PROOF! lol

I'm using ME right now. It's not really THAT bad...
Mac sure is, though...
The only reasons Macs don't get viruses is because they are sooooooo expensive, all the hackers are smart enough to realize they would be sued if they gave a mac a virus, because anything a Mac does when almost anything happens to it, well, I'm just going to say IT CRASHES!:D

OS Dragon

I'm grew up with Win 95 and 98 and then I had to move to 2000 that messed my head up and then a quick transaction to XP (best of all Windows OSes - yet). I think Windows 2000 and Windows Me are screwed up *Full Stop*.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Drastik said:
You know what i mean... os's that look like todays os's...

Get with the times, smart asses lol

You mean GUI based OS's, and not single line command prompt's? They're still OS's lol.

I'd say in general all of Windows 9x sucked, but that's because i only had to use them for a small while. I jumped into 2000, then into XP...and looking back it made it seem that 9x was just crap.

I vote ME. It was released in 2000, and it had terrible stability problems. They had "tweaked" the memory management (i think thtas what it was...) and it made it very unstable. Since Windows XP was due in 2001, they never bothered to fix ME and anyone who had it basically just had to grit there teeth and wait a year for XP. That's not very commendable IMHO.

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if I would call Win9x crap. I like Win98SE, the only real bad OSs on there would be Win95 and Win98 assuming they were the initial release versions (aka not SE or after any service packs). ME wasn't a good OS for gaming, if it was just an internet/email/ms office computer there was nothing wrong with it, and it was stable.

dhaynes

i never had windows ME, but i've heard all of the stories about how it was made just so people would switch off of windows 98, get the unreliable ME, and upgrade to xp because ME was so awful.

Motoxrdude

To be honestm i think windows xp home edition sucks. When a program crashes it takes forever for my computer to get out of the crash(about 10-15 seconds). Windows xp Pro is a little better when programs crash though. I hate windows xp, i would much rather use windows 2k

OS Dragon

Motoxrdude, its a lot harder to crash XP Pro because its soo much more stable. Home is like a straw house but XP is more likely made from cement (depening and the hardware).
Win XP is still alot better than all of its predecessors by miles.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Besides the networking drawbacks, and somehwhat different display options, XP Home is just as reliable as Pro for me...it almost never crashes, and I run my PC without shutting it off when I can. There are tweaks to be able to login to a Domain now, and it only requires a bit of work to get it to act just like Pro.