Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
It's one of those new POS Acer Aspires.. I have no idea what they were thinking when they made those things. It's hard to imagine... They make the Extensa, which is quite decent, albeit rare, and then they make those pieces of crap.. and even worse, some of them have AMDs in them.

Pure gems... :rolleyes:

I hope your joking, or is this another one of your hate rants?

Is that a scanner to the left of the pic????

It's a laptop, duh! :p

I think he was talking about the radio :p

Geoff

VIP Member
Are you using the HDMI with the 3870?
I'm using a VGA cable for now, I would use DVI/HDMI if I was running 1080p though.

Is that a scanner to the left of the pic????
Thats a VX-170 (2M HT), the FTM-10R is in the center, and my PRO-2096 Digital Scanner is on the right.

Yeah. OMEGA is (I believe) in a Fire/Rescue squad.
Yes I am.

It's one of those new POS Acer Aspires.. I have no idea what they were thinking when they made those things. It's hard to imagine... They make the Extensa, which is quite decent, albeit rare, and then they make those pieces of crap.. and even worse, some of them have AMDs in them.

Pure gems... :rolleyes:
No, I'm not joking. The New Acer Aspire is an ugly, cheaply built, throw-together piece of garbage with bargain basement parts.
I haven't had a single issue with my Acer since I've had it. I think these models look MUCH nicer then the previous generation, I get a solid 1-1.5 hours out of the battery as well.

Now that may not sound like much, but it only cost me $399 at Staples, and does everything I need it to do and more.

Celeron M 1.86GHZ
1GB DDR2
120GB HD
GMA x3100
14.1" @ 1280x800

SirKenin

banned

The AMD mobile platform is a complete joke, being slaughtered by Intel. This is common knowledge and is all over the internet. They just can't compete, for efficiency, power, anything.

It's not worth throwing away money on an AMD laptop when you can spend a couple more dollars for a far superior mobile platform.

SirKenin

banned
[-0MEGA-];959950 said:
I haven't had a single issue with my Acer since I've had it. I think these models look MUCH nicer then the previous generation, I get a solid 1-1.5 hours out of the battery as well.

Now that may not sound like much, but it only cost me $399 at Staples, and does everything I need it to do and more.

Celeron M 1.86GHZ
1GB DDR2
120GB HD
GMA x3100
14.1" @ 1280x800

Well I'm glad you like it. Unfortunately I look at them a little deeper because I fix them... And they're absolute garbage.. I didn't mean to offend (and hope I didn't).

As for looks? I never liked the looks of any of the Aspires.. and the new ones are no exception. That tan plastic look looks and feels cheap.

For battery life? I have a little Asus.. Just an itty bitty thing.. That gets 4 hours on a charge and spec/performance-wise is far superior. C2D, Bluetooth, 1.5GB, etc.

Acer Aspires have always had really bad battery life. I used to have one several years ago and nothing has changed.

I do really like the Extensa though.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well I'm glad you like it. Unfortunately I look at them a little deeper because I fix them... And they're absolute garbage.. I didn't mean to offend (and hope I didn't).

As for looks? I never liked the looks of any of the Aspires.. and the new ones are no exception. That tan plastic look looks and feels cheap.

For battery life? I have a little Asus.. Just an itty bitty thing.. That gets 4 hours on a charge and spec/performance-wise is far superior. C2D, Bluetooth, 1.5GB, etc.

Acer Aspires have always had really bad battery life. I used to have one several years ago and nothing has changed.

I do really like the Extensa though.
That may be true, but then again, look at the price.

Acers have always had poor batteries, and this thing is no exception, the Dell I used to have got about 5-6 hours under normal use. And when you say "itty bitty thing", that would make sense because the smaller the screen, the longer the battery will last.

Geoff

VIP Member
Maybe it's just me, but I think this:

Acer-4315-2004-A180-14001a.jpg

Looks better then this:

Aspire1410_normal.jpg

TEKKA

[-0MEGA-];959495 said:
I haven't posted a recent pic of my setup yet, so here it is:

IMG_3602.jpg

Nice setup, Btw thats a very stylish notebook you have there... :D

Last edited:

Timo

computerul3.jpg

The only thing good about the whole system are the speakers as well as the keyboard and the mouse... This mouse actually, does not have batteries nor does it have a cable (and I am not shitting you, it weighs like 70 grams and I have had it for about a year without putting any batteries in or putting it in a charger). There's another bassguitar-amp under the desk, that brings out the clearest basssounds ever (plugged it in the PC as well).

Last edited: