Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

linkin

VIP Member
100_0044.jpg

100_0045.jpg

linkin

VIP Member
What happened to your 460?

It helped pay for the new motherboard and power supply. Don't worry, the guy I sold it to is folding on it :D

But anyway, I discovered that my memory kit is not on the supported list of my motherboard, which is why running it at anything higher than 1333mhz at any voltage or timings results in only half of it being available. Windows goes "RAM: 4GB (1.99GB usable) :(

87dtna

I doubt thats the reason.....try swapping the sticks over to the other two slots. Perhaps the ram itself just can't handle the higher speed. Lower end sticks are like that sometimes.

Also, the IMC's on the Athlon II's aren't very good. It's hard to find a deneb Phenom II that'll run 1600 ram with tight timings. Only the Thubans and a very select few deneb's can do it. But all the athlon II's have weak IMC's.

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
I doubt thats the reason.....try swapping the sticks over to the other two slots. Perhaps the ram itself just can't handle the higher speed. Lower end sticks are like that sometimes.

Also, the IMC's on the Athlon II's aren't very good. It's hard to find a deneb Phenom II that'll run 1600 ram with tight timings. Only the Thubans and a very select few deneb's can do it. But all the athlon II's have weak IMC's.

I have tried it all. Upping every single voltage I can think of, timings at default, everything at default, etc etc etc. It's a newish board, and I submitted a support thingo to ASRock. But at the very least I tried. Oh and there are also C3 Athlons, some 635's are, but mine isn't, and all the 640/645's are C3 :D

87dtna

C2 and C3 doesn't matter that much, only the E0 stepping thubans can handle the higher speeds and/or tighter timings.
Usually the phenom II C3's can handle 1600 with loose timings, so the combination of yours being a C2 and also an Athlon is just a double whammy and inevitably a weak IMC. I had a 955 that could do 1600 7-8-7 but no further or tighter timings, when my 1055t could do 5-6-5 on the same sticks.

So like I said, it's either the IMC or the sticks themselves, not the board causing any issues. Corsair is one of the most accepted brands, plus memory support lists are bogus anyway. The list is usually very short and I almost never have had ''officially'' supported ram in any boards.

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
C2 and C3 doesn't matter that much, only the E0 stepping thubans can handle the higher speeds and/or tighter timings.
Usually the phenom II C3's can handle 1600 with loose timings, so the combination of yours being a C2 and also an Athlon is just a double whammy and inevitably a weak IMC. I had a 955 that could do 1600 7-8-7 but no further or tighter timings, when my 1055t could do 5-6-5 on the same sticks.

So like I said, it's either the IMC or the sticks themselves, not the board causing any issues. Corsair is one of the most accepted brands, plus memory support lists are bogus anyway. The list is usually very short and I almost never have had ''officially'' supported ram in any boards.

Explain to me then why the sticks worked at the exact same settings on my previous board :(

linkin

VIP Member
You're saying they ran 1600 fine on a different board?

Thats really weird then for XMS3's.

Yeah. Not 1600 but 1666 with 7-9-7-24 with 1.8v. I try the same thing on this new board and it hangs at the BIOS or only reports single channel mode and only half of it useable in windows. Go figure. 1600 won't work either. Well it works as in it boots fine, but UEFI reports single channel and I still have the problem of windows only using half of it.

mihir

VIP Member
Thats a pretty nice case mod you did there.Really good. :D

But that bulge for the HDD slots makes your PC look pregnant :D
JK LOL

And is that an Acer monitor??

claptonman

Thats a pretty nice case mod you did there.Really good. :D

But that bulge for the HDD slots makes your PC look pregnant :D
JK LOL

And is that an Acer monitor??

Yeah, before it had a big piece of plastic over it, but that's when I had a pentium 4 and ATI 1950pro. I only had the two fans in back, one for air in, other air out. Now I took out the extra spacers for the drive, have 3 fans blowing in, and 2 blowing out. Incredible airflow.

And yup, Acer, as it says in my sig.

Holy wires everywhere batman! :eek:

Yeah, got a lot of fans in there...

Last edited:

87dtna

Yeah, I just changed it, haha.

And my CPU stays at a constant 36c and my GPU at about 40c on idle. Cables don't get in the way that much.

Idle temps don't mean much, whats load temps?

What if clearing the mess of wires would make you idle at 32c and 36c? 4c drop at idle is likely around a 10c drop in load temps.