Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

linkin

VIP Member
moneyshot.png

Loving the new motherboard

Aastii

VIP Member
I am disappoint that you put lights in an 800D and an LED fan controller, completely ruins the aesthetics of the case imo.

How much clearance do you have between the HDD fan and the side panel?

Spesh

I am disappoint that you put lights in an 800D and an LED fan controller, completely ruins the aesthetics of the case imo.

How much clearance do you have between the HDD fan and the side panel?

I disagree. The lighting is far more subdued in person. The pics do not really do it justice. The cathodes are also required to activate the UV fluid in the loop. See below....

You need to have some light inside the case, otherwise it's just pitch black and you can't see anything. As for the fan controller, well what don't you like about it?

There is about a 1.5 inch clearance gap between the side of the case and the fan for the HDD's.

claptonman

Got my new CPU in today, and installed my 212+ with the extra fan blowing out. Much harder to install it on an AM3(+) board compared to intel. Had to really push down on the bracket that holds onto the cooler to get the screws to the holes. Getting 20c-25c. Plenty of room for overclocking.

And thank god for CPU cutouts.

claptonman-albums-amd-cpu-picture601-11.jpg

claptonman-albums-amd-cpu-picture602-22.jpg

claptonman-albums-amd-cpu-picture603-33.jpg

Aastii

VIP Member
I disagree. The lighting is far more subdued in person. The pics do not really do it justice. The cathodes are also required to activate the UV fluid in the loop. See below....

[snip]

You need to have some light inside the case, otherwise it's just pitch black and you can't see anything. As for the fan controller, well what don't you like about it?

There is about a 1.5 inch clearance gap between the side of the case and the fan for the HDD's.

I am just not one for lights in the case at all. I have the 700D because I have no need for front loading HDD's and because I prefer the clean, professional look. I don't like cases with lights or random grills and chunks taken out of them, not that the 800D has the latter

Spesh

meh, just looks tacky. The only lights you need are the power and the HDD LED

It's just personal preferance at the end of the day.

If you see my case in person, you would notice that the lights are nowhere near as bright as the photos make them look. The inside of the case is actually quite dark.

I think if you've got a load of watercooling in your case, then it's nice to have a lit up window in the side, so that you can see what's going on.

Aastii

VIP Member

If you see my case in person, you would notice that the lights are nowhere near as bright as the photos make them look. The inside of the case is actually quite dark.

I think if you've got a load of watercooling in your case, then it's nice to have a lit up window in the side, so that you can see what's going on.

I am always function before form. I have cable management in my case not so it looks neat and pretty, but so there is better airflow. On my old case (which was a cheap pile of crap) it looked absolutely awful because I butchered and ghetto modded it to get better cooling out of it.

I'm not into cases with windows or anything other than what is required and has a purpose that isn't just "to make it look pretty". Anything else is overengineering. Even with water cooling, I would prefer my 700D.

I could have got the 800D cheaper, but I am happier that I chose the 700

CrazyMike

I personally love your computer dude. Looks absolutely amazing. I think the lighting just is an awesome accent to the full project. You say that the lighting isn't as bright as what the pictures show it as, which is too bad. I think in the picture it looks amazing!

Hope my new build is as sexy as yours!! Awesome job man!