Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Spesh

I personally love your computer dude. Looks absolutely amazing. I think the lighting just is an awesome accent to the full project. You say that the lighting isn't as bright as what the pictures show it as, which is too bad. I think in the picture it looks amazing!

Hope my new build is as sexy as yours!! Awesome job man!

Cheers man, glad you like it.

linkin

VIP Member
ripjaws1.png

ripjaws2.png

ripjaws3.png

When is red and black not sexy!?

linkin

VIP Member
Not when I have two 560Ti's and an FX CPU :p Nah seriously, what have you got planned? I'm picking up a 560Ti this week. I hope.

Aastii

VIP Member
My fans and memory came today.

Can't use the CM fans as one had a fan knocked off during shipping, I'm waiting on OcUK to get back to me so I can return them.

I moved my rear fan too. I wasn't going to use it, however found that my temperatures are much better with it moved to the very bottom of the case. More air is getting pulled into the main compartment from the fan that was originally there, plus more is taken into the hard drive fan.

Finally, I moved every cable behind so not a single cable can be seen (apart from where they have to be visible to connect of course).

I was previously on ~35 degrees idle, now 15 degrees idle :D

IMG_7006.jpg

The system with it all together. The flash makes the cables at the top seem much more visible than they actually are, in reality they are pressed against the back and therefore blend in and are near invisible.

IMG_7004.jpg

The memory, however now installed in the other slots and the memory was just about too high for the heatsink.

IMG_7003.jpg

and sorry for the blurriness, but that is the fans and memory in there, minus my heatsink and video card. All exhausts dragging air straight out of the top. The only thing I dislike about this setup now is that I can't put my feet behind my computer to warm them up now :(

Aastii

VIP Member
but you could use it as a foot rest :p

No I couldn't, the clearance between the desk and the case is ~2 inches...a little less than my leg :p

you are forgetting that my case is over 3 foot tall, in case you couldn't tell from the picture haha

jonnyp11

i don't know your setup, but that is a good point, but if your cold enough you can always just shatter all the bones, then it'll fit. and what is that case? you don't have it in your sig, but it looks like a corsair to me, maybe cooler master. and since i just noticed the corsair fans i'll say corsair, but what case exactly, guessing obsidian series

linkin

VIP Member
Might want to update your sig dec, pretty sure those Ripjaws X aren't made by Corsair :p

Which speed did you get? I got the 1600MHz ones.

And I'm pretty sure you can take the latch thing on the cooler apart and mount the cooler vertically, drawing air from the drive bays instead of off the back of the 560ti. I think we had this discussion before and you said it was impossible :eek:

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
Might want to update your sig dec, pretty sure those Ripjaws X aren't made by Corsair :p

Which speed did you get? I got the 1600MHz ones.

And I'm pretty sure you can take the latch thing on the cooler apart and mount the cooler vertically, drawing air from the drive bays instead of off the back of the 560ti. I think we had this discussion before and you said it was impossible :eek:

1600 MHz. Didn't get em for the speed though, just capacity :p

I can't put it sideways, the heatpipes don't allow for the latch to go over, and even so the drive bays are completely sealed off from the main compartment, the only space for air to more in that compartment is at the top, bottom and rear.

The way that the airflow is, it is literally like a wind tunnel in there now from bottom to top, so there really is no reason to switch it all around. The rate of air coming in and going out, the air passing through the CPU really isn't hot at all. Feeling above my case the air is barely even warm. The temperatures I'm seeing prove just that.

I have to say though, the last time I put my cooler on I put the thermal paste on like a gimp, there wasn't really enough there so that was probably adding a good 3-5 degrees at least, but even so, dropping ~20 degrees is nothing to sniff at

uhh, really? You have a damn cold ambient temp for that. Normal room temperature is 21-22c.

What the hell, do you live in a fridge? I live in Canada (aka cold central) and i don't come close to that. Simple fact i need to heat up my house so water lines don't freeze.

Yep, really. You have to remember this was on a ~5 degrees night, we hadn't had the heat on and the door to the hallway which is damn cold was open, meaning ambient was maybe 13-14 at best.

It isn't the coldest my system has ever been, I used to have it upstairs where the room it was in had two outward facing walls and a crappy rad, meaning in winter the temperature outside = temperature inside, making for a system that, for a week or two, idled at ~8 degrees.

Right now, 10% CPU usage is about 20 degrees, so near enough idle temperatures

Last edited:

funkysnair

VIP Member
some old photos of my baby, i do miss tinkering on with her but the love of gaming was over...
sad day for me

IMG_1311-1.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

them dual d5's made a very attractive swirling motion in the resivour, nice to look at but i tink they might have been a little too pwerfull lol