Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

spirit

Staff member
Personally I think the Level 10GT is hideous, but that's just my opinion. The 800D is a nice case.

I never thought I would be able to say this, but by early next year, I should a pretty awesome build. I will need a full tower if I get a e atx board, which is pretty likely.

spirit

Staff member
I never thought I would be able to say this, but by early next year, I should a pretty awesome build. I will need a full tower if I get a e atx board, which is pretty likely.

Looking forward to build pics. :) I remember saying the same about two years ago or so.

I thought you already had a board? ASUS P8P67?

spirit

Staff member
Never really been a great fan of Thermaltake's products myself. I tend to stick to NZXT, Cooler Master, Corsair, Antec and Lian-Li when looking for cases.

Jamebonds1

Never really been a great fan of Thermaltake's products myself. I tend to stick to NZXT, Cooler Master, Corsair, Antec and Lian-Li when looking for cases.

I have two coolermaster fan case. One low-end and one high end. They're noise at max speed. But when i have thermaltake fan, it is not really bad noise and i like it.

spirit

Staff member
I have a board, but when new cpu come out, I will need a new board.

Hang on I thought you were going for an 1155 processor, right? You know that Ivy Bridge chips will still very likely be current generation come early next year? Does your board support Ivy?

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Woah, just looked up the Level 10... What kind of monstrosity is that? :eek:

I have tried many different cases: Rosewill, Cooler Master, Thermaltake, NZXT, Antec, GIGABYTE, Foxconn... But after trying Lian-Li, I can safely state that they're the best-built cases around for the price.

I used to have the PC-7B which I modded (there's a thread for it here) and sold later on, now I have the PC-K7B and feel like (unless I need more room) I won't need an upgrade in a looong time.

SuperDuperMe

I got ooffered an old pc 65 or 75 or something for a fiver but i didnt go for it as reviews online said heat was a problem with the cases that were so old.

Hang on I thought you were going for an 1155 processor, right? You know that Ivy Bridge chips will still very likely be current generation come early next year? Does your board support Ivy?

I didn't say next year. I am getting a i5 3570k in a few weeks. Than, when a new socket comes out, I will get a new board.

spirit

Staff member
I didn't say next year. I am getting a i5 3570k in a few weeks. Than, when a new socket comes out, I will get a new board.

I made this mistake of jumping into new sockets. I went from an 1156 i5 760 to an 1155 i5 2500K back in March, and I love the 2500K and all, but I loved the 760 too. To tell you the truth, I haven't noticed any difference at all really between the two processors. I should have really just saved the money and kept with the 760, because there was nothing really wrong with it - it was still very capable and even had some overclocking potential (but the 2500K is a much better overclocker than the old 760).

I'd say get the 3570K and stick with it. Don't jump into the next generation socket and CPU, it won't be worth it.

Jamebonds1

I made this mistake of jumping into new sockets. I went from an 1156 i5 760 to an 1155 i5 2500K back in March, and I love the 2500K and all, but I loved the 760 too. To tell you the truth, I haven't noticed any difference at all really between the two processors. I should have really just saved the money and kept with the 760, because there was nothing really wrong with it - it was still very capable and even had some overclocking potential (but the 2500K is a much better overclocker than the old 760).

I'd say get the 3570K and stick with it. Don't jump into the next generation socket and CPU, it won't be worth it.

FYI there is so much to be improve CPU, GPU, RAM and etc. It didn't mean it is 2 time better than before.

Perkomate

bro, that didn't even make sense.

My theory is to wait 2 or 3 generations to see any noticeable improvement. Sure the benchmarks can be different, but that doesn't mean that you will actually see any difference.

So far i've had a P4, then C2D, now 1155. I may wait for Haswell or the one after it and see how they perform.

spirit

Staff member
FYI there is so much to be improve CPU, GPU, RAM and etc. It didn't mean it is 2 time better than before.
By upgrading the GPU you often see a bigger than you would by upgrading the CPU. There was quite a big difference between the 760 and the 2500K in the benchmarks; but in the real world they're both pretty much exactly the same.

So far i've had a P4, then C2D, now 1155. I may wait for Haswell or the one after it and see how they perform.
Don't intend on waiting for anything, just upgrade when you feel what you have is getting weak. Before I had the i5 760 I had a Pentium 4 HT! I felt it was kind of time to upgrade. :p

87dtna

The biggest difference in 1156 Lynnfield and 1155 sandy bridge was the temperatures. Real life speed, yeah not even noticeable really. And the difference between Sandy bridge and Ivy is even less noticeable and the only reason I upgraded really was for PCIe 3.0 support for the 670.

Jamebonds1

bro, that didn't even make sense.

My theory is to wait 2 or 3 generations to see any noticeable improvement. Sure the benchmarks can be different, but that doesn't mean that you will actually see any difference.

I have P4 laptop, I upgrade laptop CPU myselft. I feel old. :)

By upgrading the GPU you often see a bigger than you would by upgrading the CPU. There was quite a big difference between the 760 and the 2500K in the benchmarks; but in the real world they're both pretty much exactly the same.

Yeah, but it is not 2 time improve and fastest.