Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

spirit

Staff member
Very nice! But Rob, I don't think your CPU cooler is big enough. ;)

Looks sweet and the cable management is pretty good! :) Did you buy it all pre-assembled or did you assemble it all yourself?

Virssagòn

VIP Member

Looks sweet and the cable management is pretty good! :) Did you buy it all pre-assembled or did you assemble it all yourself?

I've this pc now a year, I had it pre-assembled but I replaced much parts. 2 days ago I rebuild it because I had to take off the mobo to install the cooler, so I did the cable management with it.
I'm very proud :p.
The only thing I did wrong is the thermal paste I think, I did a little more then a grain, but it cools good. So no problem.
I got my pc now for half a day driving on 4.5ghz with idle temps like 30-33°C and stressed 55-60°C. The voltages are now okay, they don't go above 1.314 anymore.

Btw: you saw my gaming mouse? :p
dsc01846u.jpg

Virssagòn

VIP Member

Yeah I know it's only a small one :p
Maybe I gonna buy a 3th fan for the left side :D
I was planning to place my old cpu-cooler on my case and let it blow cold air into the pc like a normal fan ;D

tremmor

Looks good also here. Suggest sliding your monitors over slightly and getting it off the floor. It will clog.

wolfeking

banned
not to say it is a bad decision, but would it not have been a complete better option to just go to a 7870 in the future. Should be about the same price, yes?

wolfeking

banned
okay, I was not really looking at prices when I was figuring. So that makes it, like $130 instead of $150 each? but a 7870 would be completely better in every way most likely.

Jamebonds1

not to say it is a bad decision, but would it not have been a complete better option to just go to a 7870 in the future. Should be about the same price, yes?

$40 less for 7770 xfire, but 7870 is totally worth it. A single card is always the way to go IMO.

okay, I was not really looking at prices when I was figuring. So that makes it, like $130 instead of $150 each? but a 7870 would be completely better in every way most likely.

It is possible that 7870 is down price in few years later like 6850 is 130 dollar and it use 90 watt. I have to start with 7770 since i want to have low power consumption. Black edition is factory overclock. 7770 is reason for good energy savor and is 15 watt less than my 9600 GT. I paid 150 dollar for it. I'm going getting new PSU and video card crossfire in future. Also what does IMO mean?

wolfeking

banned
it means "in my opinion". And as far as I can tell, they are all 1GHz, at least the ones on newegg. Overclocking does not really help graphics performance anyway. Running a 250 MHz overclock on my 480 only nets me about 7 extra frames in BF3. But I am running 125+ frames anyway, so not really worth the energy to do.

Jamebonds1

it means "in my opinion". And as far as I can tell, they are all 1GHz, at least the ones on newegg. Overclocking does not really help graphics performance anyway. Running a 250 MHz overclock on my 480 only nets me about 7 extra frames in BF3. But I am running 125+ frames anyway, so not really worth the energy to do.

That's true. It is not much better but it should play Crysis 2 well at high setting. Work better for AutoCAD. Plus, I'm plan to getting another 7770 for crossfire later, but i need 650 Watt PSU first. It is much better than 9600 GT.

wolfeking

banned
in my experience a Nvidia card runs much better with CAD than AMD, but I have not tried the new ones either. But Best of luck to you with it.

Jamebonds1

in my experience a Nvidia card runs much better with CAD than AMD, but I have not tried the new ones either. But Best of luck to you with it.

As student, I was in drafting technology class and I use workstation computer to do AutoCAD. It have ATI FirePro 2400 and Intel Core 2 Quad so it is much better than workstation NVS video card. I really hate NVS more than my 9600 GT if i do video edit.

wolfeking

banned
I am not seeing a data sheet with exact specs on that card, but the NVS is the low end. The NVS135 for example is a 8400 GT. The FX and Quadro 1000-6000 lines are the upper ranges (FX 2500 is a 7900 GTX) and they flat kick AMD arse with modeling. The FX2500m I have will model circles around my HD 4870. But I also find that the 480's cuda cores will beat them all.

for your unit, it seems according to amd it is "Powered by two of ATI’s scalable FireMV workstation Graphics Processing Units (GPU)". So that means your compareing a high end unit to NVS low end units. Real good there. :(

Jamebonds1

I am not seeing a data sheet with exact specs on that card, but the NVS is the low end. The NVS135 for example is a 8400 GT. The FX and Quadro 1000-6000 lines are the upper ranges (FX 2500 is a 7900 GTX) and they flat kick AMD arse with modeling. The FX2500m I have will model circles around my HD 4870. But I also find that the 480's cuda cores will beat them all.

for your unit, it seems according to amd it is "Powered by two of ATI’s scalable FireMV workstation Graphics Processing Units (GPU)". So that means your compareing a high end unit to NVS low end units. Real good there. :(

that's true. It is hard to find exact specs on FirePro 2400 but it has one DMS-59 port which it is split into dual DVI or analog video. You probably wouldn't know that type of port but it is workstation thing. It would be nice if i own this FirePro 2400 and Intel Core 2 Quuuuaaaadddd, but it is owned by college school.

wolfeking

banned
Somebody ought to go tan Jason's hide for starting the extended quad thing.

I know what the connector is, but personally have never seen one. Only second hand knowledge of it. You forget good sir, I use worstation cards a lot. I prefer them. But I also don't have 2 grand at a time to put into one.

And side note on English. You don't say College school. It is college or school. One just refines the other. Every college is a school, but not every school is a college. Saying both are redundant.