Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Aastii

VIP Member
Yeah, well I've always thought that a computer can look beautiful and also be very well built. I have a friend who always said "who cares what it looks like as long as it runs well?" Always made me shudder a little. I prefer a beautiful computer. Simple, but elegant. That why I like my Source 220.

Function over form. I would rather have a computer that performs but looks terrabad. You can't polish a turd. If you can have both though, you are made

FuryRosewood

Function over form. I would rather have a computer that performs but looks terrabad. You can't polish a turd. If you can have both though, you are made

mythbusters proved you can. also better word would be have your cake and eat it too. but yea i agree, which is why i dont care for NZXT cases :p

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I just rebuilded my old Athlon 64 with a new PSU and a hd6870, the old MEDION case has literally NO cable management xD, will post a pic tomorrow.

It really was the hell... Couldn't get it right lol.
But here it is, the worst cable management you can get from a case xD:

dsc02299wl.jpg

dsc02300l.jpg

dsc02301gc.jpg

dsc02303h.jpg

dsc02305yj.jpg

dsc02306l.jpg

dsc02307eu.jpg

I don't think you can get it much better then this lol...
I just bundled the cables behind the HDD bracket, but there was a small wall, so I couldn't do it properly...
Also, the psu gets a bit overhit when gaming hard xD.
Anyway, gonna buy a cheap case with a bit of cable management and where I can settle my psu on bottom.

Btw; this is mini-atx

This is what it was first (without new psu or hd6870)
C264-2101-out4-la.jpg

vIChrissyIv

My Computer Build ;)

Here is my NZXT case from the outside:
Blue LED
Fan controls with 4 case fans, (more to be added)

Motherboard: ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT Mini
CPU: Intel i5 Sandybridge 2500k 3.3GHz
GPU: Nvidia 295GTX (Multi GPU)
PSU: 800w Corsair 2013 Edition with changable LED
RAM: 2 x 4GB Ripjaw
HDD: 300GB Seagate SATA

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 75
  • photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 75

Shlouski

VIP Member
Here is my NZXT case from the outside:
Blue LED
Fan controls with 4 case fans, (more to be added)

Motherboard: ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT Mini
CPU: Intel i5 Sandybridge 2500k 3.3GHz
GPU: Nvidia 295GTX (Multi GPU)
PSU: 800w Corsair 2013 Edition with changable LED
RAM: 2 x 4GB Ripjaw
HDD: 300GB Seagate SATA

Why such a huge case for a micro atx board? it looks empty in there and it makes the graphics card look huge. Its a nice case though, which i bet is the reason for you buying it :)

spirit

Staff member
Could do with some cable management too. You've got a great case for cable management, comon' - fulfill it's potential! ;)

vIChrissyIv

The motherboard is just for the novelty of it i guess. Plus i got it at a good price from a friend of mine. The case is perfect for what i have in store for it. I will be upgrading the motherboard soon enough ;) as for the cable management, its pretty hard trying to tidy the cables up especialy with the mini motherboard :S

spirit

Staff member
Route some of the main power cables through the holes in the case. Then hide all the excess cables behind the motherboard tray. The NZXT Phantom is an awesome case for cable management. That's why I want one. :p

wolfeking

banned
Not to mention turn the powersupply over the right way. The cables should be coming out on the side of the motherboard, not across the case from it.

vIChrissyIv

hmmmm thanks spirit, i will give that a try tonight and see how i get on :) as for the excess cables they are all hidden behind the motherboard tray. The case is excellent i have to say. Plenty of room for upgrades and i believe its the biggest case NZXT sell? I could be wrong though :p

wolfeking

banned
It is designed to be used with a top mount PSU. If you reall want the LED to show, then leave it as is, but cable manage will suffer for it.

Here is my magic system. It works decent for what I am using it for (a replacement for my broken acer (relax, its just a dead battery due to a broken AC adapter). for a 10+ year old machine it is not bad as a daily use machine, once you adapt to the slow (4200 RPM if I remember) HDD.

20130317_133927 by wolfeking, on Flickr

vIChrissyIv

I'll flip the PSU and see what i think of it, the cable management atm isn't too bad, it just needs tidied up, other than that the PSU doesnt bother me :) haha im guessing it uses the old slow HDD's that made a terrible noise when operating. What are the specs of this machine? I had an old laptop like this one a few years ago, although it was slightly newer with the XP OS installed XD

wolfeking

banned
It uses a 20GB IDE drive. 4200 RPM I do believe.

Specs:
Pentium 3 @ 700MHz (I have another processor I can drop in it, but I really don't want to tear it apart just for that)
256MB of PC133 (I do believe. Going from task manager I have "261616 Kilobytes"
Mobility Rage M GPU (4MB I do believe)
CD-ROM module
USB floppy module from D630.
20GB HDD
Windows 2000 SP4

Thats all the specs I can remember off the top of my head. It is a Dell Latitude L400.

spirit

Staff member
God, Windows 2000... :/

And yeah, the PSU needs to be the other way up. In cases where the PSU sits at the bottom, the fan faces downwards.

Shlouski

VIP Member
God, Windows 2000... :/

And yeah, the PSU needs to be the other way up. In cases where the PSU sits at the bottom, the fan faces downwards.

This is not always true tho, ive encountered a few cases that have bottom mounted psu's which have no space or vent under them.

spirit

Staff member
In most cases the PSU faces downwards. Obviously if there is no vent there, don't do it, but in the Phantom it faces downwards.