Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

87dtna

No, you aren't. He mentioned that it used to have a 9600gt and that turned into an entire page discussing a 9600 series comparision. Cool story, but once again quite hypocritical.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
It isn't? Because, in the real world, anything above 30fps IS perfectly playable. I'd say 70-80fps is decent.

Not with slow latency timings from the frames...
Higher FPS can reduce this stutter a bit, but not totally.
Anyway, last drivers from both companies fixed it so the timings stay between a range of 10ms-40ms, which isn't visible as stutter. Multi-gpu setups are a different thing.

sorry for this off-topic remark.

I'll post a pic when I build in the watercooling! ;P

Jamebonds1

Haha I've had a lot of cards in the past but I don't 'miss' any of them since the card I replace them with is always faster. :D

Lol. I have been think about replace my ATI 7770 to Geforce SLI since it have good directX for autoCAD. Or a laptop with SLI GT 650.

Toast

Okay, I see what you're saying now. I was just assuming the opposite of what you were saying. It's hard to hear the tone people are using online, haha.

Hyper-Threaded

Now in tower form with 5770 and 530w raidmax psu. I replaced my athlon x4 rig power supply with a cx430.

1014045.jpg

1014044.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

G80FTW

Speaking of old computers:

This is our familys first PC. We werent rich enough to afford one in the 80s or 90s, but in 2000 we got this HP complete with an 800mhz P3, and later upgraded with a radeon X1050 256MB card and the ever popular dial up modem card! I salvaged the PC for some reason. I cant seem to throw old computers away..... a whole room full of these old things.

Jamebonds1

I think what you mean is your CAD software can use CUDA on the NVIDIA cards, not DirectX? ;)

Some program use CUDA, yes. DirectX are also used by AutoCAD, but it is most stress even on non workstation grade video card. OpenGL are not used in many other CAD program as i noticed.

Jamebonds1

I wish I could put my case on my desk. I have a very large desk, but my case would take up all my work space. Its a monster. So it stays on the floor gathering dust :( .

Here is good tip. You can getting plywood from store then build it by about 3 inch height. That's what I did except I used paper. I'm going to build it soon as it is summer.