Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

salvage-this

Yeah it seems kinda weird. it looks like he has molex to 6 pin PCI-e adapters powering the GPU.

Also let that thing breathe! Don't hide it behind the desk where it will be kicked!

Last edited:

FuryRosewood

@bconover, holy resolution! :p

Looks like you've got yourself a nice case, but I'd probably advise getting a power supply with the 6-pin PCI Express plugs on it already so you don't have to use those molex adapters. It'd look better and improve your cable management too!

This is why i use dropbox, inspect the way the images look, then crop as needed :)

Even if i use that same link, i can crop the picture, and the public link remains the same, to the original file, that is now smaller.

and the poster of that big image has a corsair HX650 PSU, the skinny cables tipped me off, they just need to find the PCI-e modular cables and plug them instead of using the molexes...

Last edited:

bconover93

Yeah it seems kinda weird. it looks like he has molex to 6 pin PCI-e adapters powering the GPU.

Also let that thing breathe! Don't hide it behind the desk where it will be kicked!

plenty of foot room. :D

and in a 12'x24' dorm room (with a fridge, bed tv, etc), every square inch counts.

FuryRosewood

Yea it has a Corsair HX 650 PSU, change what cables you are using with your graphics card, i believe it should have enough PCI-e power connectors for it.

bconover93

Yea it has a Corsair HX 650 PSU, change what cables you are using with your graphics card, i believe it should have enough PCI-e power connectors for it.

cleaned up the cabes a bit and connected it with the pci-e ones. looks a lot better.

only zip ties I had laying around were white. so I'll probably redo it after I grab some black ones from the store sometime.
PCYXuE9.jpg

also just noticed that colorful audio cable. I'll toss some electrical tape on that too.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Route the cables for the graphics card behind the motherboard tray like the rest of the cables if you can.

Looks better now though. :)

salvage-this

as long as there is some room under the PC turn the PSU over and let it take in cold air from the floor. It should have a vent below it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
@bconover93

Might i recommend getting a Scythe "NINJA WIRE" to sort out that graphics cards sag. :D

They're cheap and work really well.

Toast

8681730042_ff48297cd7_c.jpg

Finally got my damn system up and running again after two weeks. Felt pretty horrible while I was waiting for the replacement, haha. My laptop sucks. I had a revision 3.0 of the mobo, and they sent me a 1.1 saying there was "physical damage." Whatever, I didn't feel like arguing about it. The only real difference is the bios, anyway. (uefi)

OC'd the ram to 2133 and the processor to 4.7 at 1.4 volts. Temps are a little high so I'm going to push it up to 4.8 at 1.4 to get more for my money. Let's see if it stays stable.

Hyper-Threaded

I was thinking why do I have a second gaming pc with a crappy pentium D and gateway motherboard, and a music pc with a nice motherboard, pentium duel core overclockable, and 500 gig Hdd. So I merged them. Will be hooked to a 1080p 46in flatscreen TV soon and a stereo system in living room.

Pentium Duel core e2180
Biostar g41 mobo
x2 Western Digital 500gig hdds
2gb ddr2 ram
radeon hd 5770 1gb ddr5
Raidmax 530w
2x dvd dl burners
And windows 7 x86
All smashed it a 2005 dell optiplex 170 case. I tried with cable management but thats a lot of computer and not lotta case.
1014063.jpg

1014062.jpg

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Thanks, not to shabby for being built with spare parts.

I'm really thinking who has got the best one of us :D.

Mine:

My athlon rig for now, my hd6870 will be gone this evening, so have a last look on it here and now! :p

specs:
-athlon 64 X2 5000+ @ 3.13ghz
-XFX HD6870 @ stock
-Sharkoon WPM500
-hewlett packard vectra VL case (my very old server case, had to find a case where the mobo fit in :p)
-Custom cooling with aquarium filter and cheep waterblock from ebay (+ bottle destilled water)
-ASUS M3A79-T
-4GB DDR2 (2x2gb) ADATA vitesta extreme 800+ @800mhz
-4GB DDR2 (2x2gb) Apacer 667mhz @800mhz
-Seagate 7200RPM 250Gb (old HDD)

How you like it? :p Old stuff made a maf nice riggy! :D
sorry again for cable management

dsc02339i.jpg

dsc02340pu.jpg

I think I win in terms of value, my mobo, psu , gpu, (cooler in total maybe) and ram cost more.
But in terms of performance?
Plz, run the valley benchmark :) (connect a 1080p screen if you have it.)

Do you have 64bit installed? Run black hole v4.2 beta to see or your processing power is more or not :D

Hyper-Threaded

I'm really thinking who has got the best one of us :D.

Mine:

I think I win in terms of value, my mobo, psu , gpu, (cooler in total maybe) and ram cost more.
But in terms of performance?
Plz, run the valley benchmark :) (connect a 1080p screen if you have it.)

Do you have 64bit installed? Run black hole v4.2 beta to see or your processing power is more or not :D

Sorry it is 32bit. Yea yours is stronger in everything but storage and maybe cpu. I can overclock, mine is at 2ghz now. I can do superpi.