Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

claptonman

Nice clean build Claptonman. Might be time to blow out the 670 :p

Do you keep that wrist wrest on when you are not gaming?
I did blow it out a little, the dust is in there good. Gonna try to clean it better later. And I do keep it on, it's not bothersome.
do you really notice a diff doing a push pull vs pull? cus i havent really with my h100, i leave one fan off so i can clean a bit easier...
I've always had it like that so not sure if there is a difference.
Claptoman, I had to do a double take when I saw your pics because I saw them earlier on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CableManagement/comments/1gv8zg/my_puppyproof_desksetup/
Haha yup, that's me.

Jamebonds1

Ah ok I didn't realise you were thinking of upgrading.

Take it you're sticking to Ivy Bridge so you don't have to buy a new motherboard too? ;)

Yes. I'm going to skip two or three gen CPU and motherboard in case if my brother have newest computer like Haswell :D (we like to brag each other)

I'm not sure but isn't Ivy overclock better than Haswell?

spirit

Staff member
Yes. I'm going to skip two or three gen CPU and motherboard in case if my brother have newest computer like Haswell :D (we like to brag each other)

I'm not sure but isn't Ivy overclock better than Haswell?

Sandy, Ivy and Haswell are all good overclockers.

Jamebonds1

Says the guy with the ultimate overkill PSU rofl. A quality 750w would run yours with plenty to spare, 850w if you wanted to be futureproof for SLI. 1200w, insane overkill....an utter waste of $200 (that PSU is $330 when a quality 850w unit is $130).

Jamebonds PC, a corsair 430w PSU would run no problem. 750w, very overkill, waste of $50.

Maybe you think having a 1200w makes you impressive, I think it makes you look like an idiot with more money than brains.

87dtna, please stop make false statement about me cause I never made false statement on you. For once, I don't ask for your recommend PSU. BTW, don't go Maxx.

PS I think you should look back because your post are probably being ignored. Not that I'm unforgivable and hate person, I'm just little disappoint.

Says the guy with the ultimate overkill PSU rofl. A quality 750w would run yours with plenty to spare, 850w if you wanted to be futureproof for SLI. 1200w, insane overkill....an utter waste of $200 (that PSU is $330 when a quality 850w unit is $130).

Jamebonds PC, a corsair 430w PSU would run no problem. 750w, very overkill, waste of $50.

Maybe you think having a 1200w makes you impressive, I think it makes you look like an idiot with more money than brains.

There are only 3 PSU's that Corsair makes that have the Link system integrated. A 760w, 860w and a 1200w. 760w/860w will not meet my future needs so I purchased a 1200w.

I think you should do more research before calling someone an idiot because it just makes you look like one.

"Jamebonds PC, a corsair 430w PSU would run no problem. 750w, very overkill, waste of $50"

No, buying such a small PSU that gives you no overhead at all is a waste of money. If he was to upgrade, he would need to purchase a whole new PSU and would waste the money spent on such a tiny one. Getting a higher wattage PSU that runs at 50% is much better then a cheaper one running at 90%. The money saving will be with the bigger one as it will be running in the sweet spot of efficiency.

Last edited:

87dtna

There are only 3 PSU's that Corsair makes that have the Link system integrated. A 760w, 860w and a 1200w. 760w/860w will not meet my future needs so I purchased a 1200w.

I already stated that an 850w would be able to handle SLI on your setup, so what other upgrades are you talking about?

The 860w is $230, so even if you still wanted the Link system it's still $100 of waste going to a 1200w.

I think you should do more research before calling someone an idiot because it just makes you look like one.

Nah still looks like it's you

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I did to you but your hostility is uncalled for.

You don't know what I have planned for my upcoming build yet you call me an idiot...

Also I'm not sure why you are so adamant about an extra $50 or $100 spent on a PSU. It's just a tiny fraction of the cost of the total build especially when everything else is high end. If I was to buy a 860w it would be almost near full load when gaming. That is not efficient and actually cost's money as electricity is going to waste.

87dtna

You made this false statement-

There is no such thing as an overkill PSU.

Just because you have more money than brains doesn't mean you need to make false statements.

You don't know what I have planned for my upcoming build yet you call me an idiot...

I already asked what it was and you refuse to tell apparently. Most likely because an 860w would still easily power it with no problems.

Also I'm not sure why you are so adamant about an extra $50 or $100 spent on a PSU. It's just a tiny fraction of the cost of the total build especially when everything else is high end.

It's not $50 or $100, it's $100. And honestly you spent an another $100 just to have this corsair link system. A normal quality 850w unit is in the $130 range, $200 less than you spent.

If I was to buy a 860w it would be almost near full load when gaming. That is not efficient and actually cost's money as electricity is going to waste. .

haha not even close. Right now even a quality 500w unit could power your rig while gaming, but yes it would be maxxed (not dangerously, just maxxed). 850w is way plenty for even SLI 780's, there's plenty left.

You're CPU will never pull full load while gaming, it would likely pull 100w max (even though Prime95 would likely make it pull 200w). SLI 780's even overclocked will around 500w peak, and thats actually benching with both GPU's at 100% all the time, gaming would never even actually pull 400w.

So, while gaming, SLI 780's with an I7 920 at 4.2ghz would be pulling an average of 500w from the 12v rail. Plenty good in the ''sweet spot'' of efficiency on an 850w PSU. Once again, this is SLI 780's not even your current setup with a single 780.

In conclusion, 1200w PSU, insanely ridiculous overkill. Your statement is false. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

WeatherMan

Also I'm not sure why you are so adamant about an extra $50 or $100 spent on a PSU. It's just a tiny fraction of the cost of the total build especially when everything else is high end. If I was to buy a 860w it would be almost near full load when gaming. That is not efficient and actually cost's money as electricity is going to waste.

LOL. The higher the load on a PSU the more efficient it is.

You're probably pulling say 900-950w from the wall running at full load on a 860w unit.

The efficiency of running a 1200w unit at 900w is more 950w - 1kw, depending on the unit.

It's only 50w yes, but your logic is backwards

You made this false statement-

Just because you have more money than brains doesn't mean you need to make false statements.

And that gives you the right to be hostile.... you must be an awesome person in life to talk to...

I already asked what it was and you refuse to tell apparently. Most likely because an 860w would still easily power it with no problems.

I want to make a worklog thread and want it to be unknown until I do. I will say that the computer will have 2 480's, 1 360 and 1 280 rad in the case. Again you make claims without having any clue of what I plan...

It's not $50 or $100, it's $100. And honestly you spent an another $100 just to have this corsair link system. A normal quality 850w unit is in the $130 range, $200 less than you spent.

haha not even close. Right now even a quality 500w unit could power your rig while gaming, but yes it would be maxxed (not dangerously, just maxxed). 850w is way plenty for even SLI 780's, there's plenty left.

You like to make up facts. Where are you getting this information from? Tweaktown actually has real numbers unlike you. Here Sli'd titans on a normal setup are pulling 782w's. That is way too close plus everything else I will have will put it much over 860w. Link here

You're CPU will never pull full load while gaming, it would likely pull 100w max (even though Prime95 would likely make it pull 200w). SLI 780's even overclocked will around 500w peak, and thats actually benching with both GPU's at 100% all the time, gaming would never even actually pull 400w.

So, while gaming, SLI 780's with an I7 920 at 4.2ghz would be pulling an average of 500w from the 12v rail. Plenty good in the ''sweet spot'' of efficiency on an 850w PSU. Once again, this is SLI 780's not even your current setup with a single 780.

In conclusion, 1200w PSU, insanely ridiculous overkill. Your statement is false. Have a nice day.

See above, and I hope you have a nice day too.

Last edited:
LOL. The higher the load on a PSU the more efficient it is.

You're probably pulling say 900-950w from the wall running at full load on a 860w unit.

The efficiency of running a 1200w unit at 900w is more 950w - 1kw, depending on the unit.

It's only 50w yes, but your logic is backwards

Please do your research....

800w load on a 860w PSU is only 92% efficient : Corsair AX860i

While with the 1200W that I have with an 800w load is almost 93% efficient:
Corsair AX1200i

Also I don't think you ever have taken any electrical classes as nothing is most efficient under full load when dealing with electricity. As you can see from those charts the PSU's are most efficient at the 50 to 60% range.

87dtna

You like to make up facts. Where are you getting this information from? Tweaktown actually has real numbers unlike you. Here Sli'd titans on a normal setup are pulling 782w's. That is way too close plus everything else I will have will put it much over 860w. Link here

No made up facts at all. gtx 780 SLI consumes 440w under FULL 100% load-

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_780_sli_review,4.html

My figures of 500w average draw on the 12v rail while gaming is probably high if anything. They measured 544w entire PC at the wall, again with 100% load with a synthetic bench thats not real world gaming.

And actually, these figures are high because they were measured at the wall. Actual draw from PSU will be less because of PSU efficiency. If they were using a PSU thats 90% efficient, thats nearly exactly 500w draw for 2 way SLI as a PEAK from the PSU for the entire system.

Please do your research....

800w load on a 860w PSU is only 92% efficient : Corsair AX860i

While with the 1200W that I have with an 800w load is almost 93% efficient:
Corsair AX1200i

Holy crap man 1% more efficient, I was totally wrong and you really schooled us there. That'll probably be about 50 cents more a month on the electric bill, $6 a year. That was totally worth that extra $100 on that PSU, you'll have it payed off in only 16 years.

Last edited:
No made up facts at all. gtx 780 SLI consumes 440w under FULL 100% load-

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_780_sli_review,4.html

My figures of 500w average draw on the 12v rail while gaming is probably high if anything. They measured 544w entire PC at the wall, again with 100% load with a synthetic bench thats not real world gaming.

And actually, these figures are high because they were measured at the wall. Actual draw from PSU will be less because of PSU efficiency. If they were using a PSU thats 90% efficient, thats nearly exactly 500w draw for 2 way SLI as a PEAK from the PSU for the entire system.

From the article you linked:
"Above, a chart of relative power consumption. Again the Wattage shown is the card with the GPU(s) stressed 100%, showing only the peak GPU power draw, not the power consumption of the entire PC and not the average gaming power consumption."

The 2 cards by themselves are 500w's, add a highly OC'd CPU, tons of fans, OC's on the GPU's, drives and you are way over the amount a 850w can take.

I also do alot of benchmarking as a hobby and the cards are always maxed 100% in the test's. To not compensate for full load is just plain stupid.

Holy crap man 1% more efficient, I was totally wrong and you really schooled us there. That'll probably be about 50 cents more a month on the electric bill, $6 a year. That was totally worth that extra $100 on that PSU, you'll have it payed off in only 16 years.

So you cry bloody murder when you think I am stating something incorrect and when I prove the statement wrong you say "whatever"... Also that comparison was of a very, very efficient 860w PSU. If I compared it to the 850w you think I should get that margin would be much greater. All I was debunking was the statement that a 1200w PSU was less efficient then a 860w.

I am done talking to you, I have already wasted too much of my time.

87dtna

From the article you linked:
"Above, a chart of relative power consumption. Again the Wattage shown is the card with the GPU(s) stressed 100%, showing only the peak GPU power draw, not the power consumption of the entire PC and not the average gaming power consumption.

Yeah and? I've already compensated for that.

The 2 cards by themselves are 500w's, add a highly OC'd CPU, tons of fans, OC's on the GPU's, drives and you are way over the amount a 850w can take.

Wow you cannot read at all. SLI 780's pulls 440w at peak 100% load, and that still doesn't compensate for PSU efficiency so the draw at the actual PSU is still closer to 400w....just for the cards.

I've already stated that your ''highly overclocked CPU'' would be drawing 100w while gaming most likely. It may draw 200w with just the CPU stressed at 100%, but no game or bench would ever stress it that high at the same time the GPU's were being stressed.

I also do alot of benchmarking as a hobby and the cards are always maxed 100% in the test's. To not compensate for full load is just plain stupid.

lol a lot of benching with an I7 920, sure. My left pinky has done more benching than you have. But anyway, as stated the 860w psu would have plenty compensated for even full load of everything, which would never happen.

Even if you stressed the GPU's and CPU's to 100% at the same time, thats 600 even call it 650w. Add 50w to run the motherboard, so you're at 700w on the 12v rail. Add even a ridiculous 100w for overclocking and thats 800w, not a problem at all for the 860w PSU.

So you cry bloody murder when you think I am stating something incorrect and when I prove the statement wrong you say "whatever"... Also that comparison was of a very, very efficient 860w PSU. If I compared it to the 850w you think I should get that margin would be much greater. All I was debunking was the statement that a 1200w PSU was less efficient then a 860w.

What are you talking about? I didn't say whatever, my point was the difference was so minuscule it was ridiculous for you to even say your reasoning for getting the bigger PSU. Do you really think you were proved right? 1% difference of efficiency putting 800w of load on the 860w PSU VS the 1200w unit. wow.

Even if the PSU was 85% efficient, that would probably add up about $20 a year of electric, and that is definitely a bloated figure if anything. That would STILL take you 10 years to make up for the cost difference.

I am done talking to you, I have already wasted too much of my time. .

I wish that was true, you just keep digging yourself into a deeper hole. The more you say, the more you get proved wrong. lol

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Okay guys if you want to argue PSU efficiency, take it somewhere else. Now get back on topic here or I'll start issuing infractions.

G25r8cer

Ya'll are crazy but, you make me laugh. Fighting about PSU's efficiency make me LMAO. I say who gives a crap! Buy what you want I don't care and neither should others. Who gives a rip about other efficiency? It's their electric bill not your's! Ah duh

Exact reason I left this forum some time ago.

Last edited: