Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

The VCR King

I would not be surprised if you're getting throttling due to poor power but meh.

I'll give you credit for keeping an eye on it but I still say buy EVGA and be done.
I know and no offense but Laquer Head needs to lay off. Yes I get I need to get a new PSU. I know the aftermath can be bad. It's really not as bad as you're making it. Please man just stop yelling at me!

Last edited:

The VCR King

I wasn't yelling..
I know but pleas just stop saying things about me. Yes, I know my PSU is bad and needs replaced. It is my top priority right now and I hope to get it taken care of ASAP. I am no longer talking about this, end of subject. Thank you. :D

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I know but pleas just stop saying things about me. Yes, I know my PSU is bad and needs replaced. It is my top priority right now and I hope to get it taken care of ASAP. I am no longer talking about this, end of subject. Thank you.

But wait, if your parents use this machine as well, why can't they help buy the power supply?

The VCR King

But wait, if your parents use this machine as well, why can't they help buy the power supply?
The PC is my responsibility. The only reason they use it is because it's capable of running the stuff they need for work. The power supply is my responsibility. The Blue Beast is my baby, I gotta take care of it. That's it. :)

Darren

Staff member
The PC is my responsibility. The only reason they use it is because it's capable of running the stuff they need for work. The power supply is my responsibility. The Blue Beast is my baby, I gotta take care of it. That's it. :)

So take care of it by buying a power supply now rather than subjecting your components to more power issues and threatening to ruin them at any time. You can have "made up your mind" all you want but if your system goes pop while you wanted that extra 15 bucks you'll be kicking yourself.

Based off your profile I guestimated a shipping ZIP. 51 bucks to your front door. I'll PayPal you the extra dollar and we'll call it square.

upload_2016-3-24_21-26-43.png

The VCR King

I'd take that deal^^^
I'll try to buy it tomorrow then. I'll get my mom to help me order it. I can deal with it being non-modular, I don't care honestly. Now it's not so much of "I want a Corsair so I'll save up for one" it's become "my PC will explode if I don't replace it so I have to buy something right now" and the EVGA is a quality unit too.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
@beers Happy?

Needs more fans. I have 2 on the front, 2 on the top, 1 on the back, 1 on the side, and 1 on the bottom. Not to mention 2 on the CPU Cooler, 3 on the R9 390, and one in the PSU.

So a total of 13 fans in my computer. It's actually pretty much silent except for the CPU fan and the GPU will ramp up a bit at load.

The MSI board looked better with my color scheme but I'll live.

Potato quality with the fans and LEDs on. I need to get a proper camera. Although at idle my 390 doesn't even turn the fans.

spirit

Staff member
When did you get a Gigabyte board? :D

Gotta post some pics of mine to fit in with the 'NZXT white case master race' woohooo! :D So pleased I went for the H440. By far the best case I've ever used. It's missing a whacking great big R9 390 though. After seeing your pics @Darren and doing @SpriteMidr's build a few weeks ago with a 390 I want a 390 now. :( If only I had £240 to spare.

Intel Core i7 Build ft NZXT H440 and Noctua NH-U14S by ThinkPad Review, on Flickr

Intel Core i7 Build ft NZXT H440 and Noctua NH-U14S by ThinkPad Review, on Flickr

Darren

Staff member
When did you get a Gigabyte board? :D

Gotta post some pics of mine to fit in with the 'NZXT white case master race' woohooo! :D So pleased I went for the H440. By far the best case I've ever used. It's missing a whacking great big R9 390 though. After seeing your pics @Darren and doing @SpriteMidr's build a few weeks ago with a 390 I want a 390 now. :( If only I had £240 to spare.

I had a friend that upgraded from an 8350 and this Gigabyte board to an i5 setup. I offered to swap him boards because I knew it had better overclocking and a couple extra things like USB 3.0 header. He just had it laying around anyway and he never even took the MSI board back. The MSI board ended up in one of my roommates Frankenstein build anyway though, so I got the Gigabyte board for basically free.