Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

spirit

Staff member
Until Zen comes out :)
Yeah let's see what this illusive 'Zen' is like. Hopefully it will save us all. ;)

I'm hoping they're good so that Intel can lower their prices a bit. Skylake is more expensive than the previous generation chips were. I wonder if lack of decent competition from the green side has anything to do with it?

mrevil

Just for the size, easy to see and had it laying around. Its nice when we watch a movie on it. Got tired of squinting. Im not as young as I used to be.

Grantapus

Its old but still works, kinda.View attachment 6825
Ha Ha! i like the joystick! and i like the "oldish" look to it!

It's finished.
12493703_515254208657495_7770051440671210128_o.jpg

I LOVE it! nothing compared to my new computer!(does not even work yet!)

My rig.. back with the Asus board and gskill ram kit.. crazy mess of wires ..tight

20160106_153220.jpg

20160106_154111.jpg
How much did the RAM cost? :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The VCR King

Here's pictures of before and after I installed my new cooler and RAM. I'm kinda excited for the day I finally replace the dang PSU because that gives me a chance to do some cable management. :rolleyes:
Before:
tVqWHGt.jpg

The CoolerMaster V6GT has blue fans in it because one of the fans on the cooler burnt out and the V6GT just uses two 120mm fans, so I figured why not and bought two blue fans.

After:
dCx5nZl.jpg

New cooler is a Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B. My PC actually runs cooler with this instead of the V6GT and this cooler is slim enough that I could access my RAM slots to install the new sticks.

spirit

Staff member
You need to buy some canned air. Your front fans are downright furry.
Canned air is a poor investment, better off doing what I did and buying a cheap(ish) electric duster. Paid like £20 or £30 for it and it will last forever and is much more effective and it doesn't freeze your hands to death and there's no risk of moisture. I know a can of air is a few bucks or I paid about £10 for 5 of them, but they're not powerful at all and you will keep on buying it. When the cans eventually de-pressurise too, they are useless. I now have 4 or 5 cans of air underneath my desk that have de-pressurised and are now useless. :( The electric duster/blower can also be used as a hoover too. Obviously not for your PC, but it's good for hoovering the car mats! ;)

Anyway, power supply comes first! Power supply before eating, remember! If he gets kicked out because he can't pay his rent, tough! At least he will have a power supply! :D :D

Last edited:

The VCR King

I dust the frickin PC every week. I have a dog, and a cat and other small animals. My whole house is dust and hair. Really no way of preventing a dusty PC...

spirit said:
Anyway, power supply comes first! Power supply before eating, remember! If he gets kicked out because he can't pay his rent, tough! At least he will have a power supply! :D :D
No worry about rent, I'm 14 and I live in a HOUSE. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren

Staff member
Fans with that much gunk on them would be well served to get a toothbrushing and some rubbing alcohol. There is literally no way it gets that dusty in a week. Also as @spirit said, getting it up off the floor helps immensely. Have you cleaned the dust filter on the front, assuming it has one? Taking the front panel off and running it through some water would be a good idea.

Also dustier fans continue to get dustier faster I think as the extra dust provides more grabbing places for more dust. I'm not a dustician, but seems to be the case in my experience.