Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Intel_man

VIP Member
Yeah, thats just it. But really 2,3,4 cards is just overkill. A single GTX1080 is going to pretty epic for most gamers
You have to remember though, more PCI-e lanes = more headroom for expansion. There's only so much the Z170 has when it comes to dedicated PCI-e lanes for your "other stuff" (nvme, sata-express, sata 3...etc) before it reduces your GPU's 16x speed to 8x speed and use up the freed up 8x for your "other stuff". If that happens, you can't SLi. Granted, most people here won't saturate the pcie lanes, but you know... some people are nuts and forget to take the pcie lane limitations.

Laquer Head

Let me know when you are rdy to sell that GTX 980.
Maybe we could make a deal where we both upgrade :)

Sorry brother, I'd love to help you but I'm giving it to a close friend at an extremely deep discount, as he is partly disabled and on a fixed income, so its a gift essentially.

Geoff

VIP Member

Calin

You're missing out. I only use my PC a couple hours a day, but I'm with my phone from morning until night.
I consider PCs to be much more practical than smartphones. I only use my phone for instagram and while I'm working on my PC. Last week it broke and took a week to get it fixed, and I had absolutely no problem just using the PC.

Laquer Head

Got bored, stripped the backup rig and painted the front white. Its an old coolermaster sileo 500 silent chassis, and the front had this gnarly fake aluminum that was all stained and scratched.

Turned out decent..sileo500.jpg

Intel_man

VIP Member
My Code keyboard arrived. Cherry MX Clear switches are amazing.

1d9ce2fc73.JPG