Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Darren

Staff member
Why no SSD?
Because I told him he could save some money and add it later if he wanted to. I'm not entirely sure I even config'd that build. My friend sent it to me and I probably tweaked it a bit but ultimately it was him who sent it to his brother. I then built it for him once he got everything shipped, which was at least a month after I remember doing the list. Might have changed since I'd last looked at it.
I've stuck my hand in those areas to see the temp difference, and I'd say atleast a few degrees difference.
I'm not saying there's no tangible difference, particularly with larger cards, but considering neither is being overclocked and he's got a pretty hefty cooler I'm not fussed with it. I've done the same thing and can definitely tell my 390 throws off some heat with that massive metal backplate. Also consider the fact that heat naturally rises anyway, so you'll still be getting hot air floating up into the heatsink either way. And that weird shroud might block some air being pushed out the back.

This is only one test, but meh.

btcpg1.gif

If you really want to criticize me, none of you pointed out that I neglected to set up push pull with the several fans I had available. :p

I'm honored you took the time and effort to make this. :D

Intel_man

VIP Member
I'm not criticizing anything. I simply observed the orientation of the cooler and made a comment.

Jesus... are all AMD owners like this? Super sensitive about anything. Do I need to provide them with safe spaces so they don't get triggered?

Darren

Staff member
I'm not criticizing anything. I simply observed the orientation of the cooler and made a comment.
Jesus... are all AMD owners like this? Super sensitive about anything. Do I need to provide them with safe spaces so they don't get triggered?
Lol what does AMD have to do with any of this? Might as well ask @johnb35 , @beers , and @StrangleHold if they get "triggered". You pointed out a casual nitpick and I'll explain my reasoning behind it and the fact it won't make a difference in his user case. Don't worry, I'm not trying to start a CoFo throwdown. If anything it makes me curious how much difference I'd see if I actually could rotate my 212. At least the one test I found showed pointed down like this is marginally better, although that was with a pretty small card.

I just want a water cooling loop at this point. :D

Intel_man

VIP Member
You pointed out a casual nitpick
First of all, I wasn't nitpicking anything. I was simply asking if the orientation was due to the cooler being too "wide" so it had to be placed vertically.

See below for my original question.
I'm assuming the cooler wouldn't fit in it's normal direction. lol

Majority of builds I've seen with massive coolers or small coolers, actually every air cooler that wasn't a stock intel hsf, had it orientated going from front to back. Not vertically with the exhaust pointing up. Which was why I asked if that orange fan would've been in the way.

Darren

Staff member
Got the H100 installed after a few speed bumps. Had to get slightly creative with the mounting as it currently sits I have the fans screwed into the top of the case and then on top of the case is the radiator, but still underneath the plastic shroud on top. Also was slightly perplexed by the pump cabling but got it all sorted now. Running noticeably cooler, even on the "low" fan setting. Probably going to mess with overclock when I have a bit more time.

20160916_220254 by [email protected], on Flickr

Shlouski

VIP Member
Got the H100 installed after a few speed bumps. Had to get slightly creative with the mounting as it currently sits I have the fans screwed into the top of the case and then on top of the case is the radiator, but still underneath the plastic shroud on top. Also was slightly perplexed by the pump cabling but got it all sorted now. Running noticeably cooler, even on the "low" fan setting. Probably going to mess with overclock when I have a bit more time.

20160916_220254 by [email protected], on Flickr

I have the original phantom, I had the same problem with my H100, I was lucky the middle 4 screws on the radiator lined up with the top 4 center fan holes, its looks ok and its been there for years, so I guess its on strong enough.

Darren

Staff member
I have the original phantom, I had the same problem with my H100, I was lucky the middle 4 screws on the radiator lined up with the top 4 center fan holes, its looks ok and its been there for years, so I guess its on strong enough.
Oh it's plenty secure and works fine, just seemed slightly unconventional to do it that way.

Darren

Staff member
Yeah its lucky it has the top plastic cover hiding how its fitted, I have huge gaps around my radiator where 2 large fans should be.
Yeah it looks like I could fit a dual 140mm radiator even. Do you have then Phantom 410 (like mine) or the full size Phantom?

Shlouski

VIP Member

Grantapus

@johnb35 Any reason this isn't sticky'd btw?

Built this thing this morning for my friends older brother, who is also the twin brother to my brothers ex girlfriend.

Anyway, very nice blacked out setup with a i5 6600K, Gigabyte 1070, 16GB DDR4, and a weird Asus Z170A board that had a strange shroud over the back I/O ports. Easily the fastest machine I've ever built. Crappy pictures. It's in a Corsair 200R so I wasn't terribly fussed with cables. Very nice case, lots of features but too plain looking for me.

20160901_115239 by [email protected], on Flickr

20160901_115225 by [email protected], on Flickr
That looks almost like mine! btw, i got three new computers but i have not posted photos/specs yet. i will soon.