Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Sacrinyellow5

Computer1-1.jpg

Heres my new computer, build a few days ago =)

Spacedude, I've been kick around the idea of building a new comp pretty close to your specs, how much did that cost you?

spacedude89

Spacedude, I've been kick around the idea of building a new comp pretty close to your specs, how much did that cost you?

CM Stacker 830 Case : $250
Core 2 Duo E6300: $180
Abit AW9D-Max: $280
ATI X1900 GT: $300
Patriot DDR2 Ram 2x512: $100 (temp till i can afford 2Gigs of Corsair XMS2)
Antec Phantom 500w PS: $180
Thermaltake Big Typhoon: $50
Seagate Barracuda 300Gig HD: $170
=$1510

I used my X-FI, 74gig Raptor HD, From my previous computer.

You might be able to find cheaper stuff online though, I prefer to buy stuff from a local store to buying it online.

Sacrinyellow5

I priced my build a little bit lower, but thats because I have quite a bit of the stuff, I would need..

How well does the core 2 duo performe with games?

Geoff

VIP Member
CM Stacker 830 Case : $250
Abit AW9D-Max: $280
ATI X1900 GT: $300
Patriot DDR2 Ram 2x512: $100 (temp till i can afford 2Gigs of Corsair XMS2)
Antec Phantom 500w PS: $180
Thermaltake Big Typhoon: $50
Seagate Barracuda 300Gig HD: $170
=$1510

I used my X-FI, 74gig Raptor HD, From my previous computer.

You might be able to find cheaper stuff online though, I prefer to buy stuff from a local store to buying it online.

Well I have to say you did get pretty ripped off, lol.

CM Stacker 830 Case: $145
Abit AW9D-Max: $189
ATI X1900GT: $199
1GB (2x512MB) DDR2: $100
Antec Phantom 500W PSU: $169 (much better ones out for the money)
Big Typhoon: $44
Seagate 300GB: $80

Total if bought on Newegg: $1106

:)
Some of the parts you bought at the store are pretty good deals, but if I wer you I would have gotten the case, CPU, GPU, and hard drive from newegg, and save yourself $400.

Very Well.

Last edited:

thealmightyone

I priced my build a little bit lower, but thats because I have quite a bit of the stuff, I would need..

Tomshardware have a very nice CPU comparison page. The two CPU's I have chosen for comparison have the same clock, and use the same memory. The C2D performs 14% better than the Athlon on UT2004

Sacrinyellow5

Thanks for the info thealmighty one...

Omega -- I was wondering if his build was a bit high. When I was figuring mine came out being 300 or so cheaper.

spacedude89

Yea, I know I pay a more buying stuff from a local store, But I prefer it for ease of returning stuff if needed, and it helps the local economy when buying from the local small computer places.

Geoff

VIP Member
Yea, I know I pay a more buying stuff from a local store, But I prefer it for ease of returning stuff if needed, and it helps the local economy when buying from the local small computer places.

I completly understand, but as I said, I may have considered just buying the GPU and/or hard drive from online, since you would save about $300.

Just for the future, I've never had a problem returning items to newegg. I usually get a repalcement or refund withing a week after shipping it to them.

Archangel

VIP Member
personally i dont really like the looks of the UV light's It looks so cold :)

but if you like it, its great i gues (only the SLI on the sli-bridge doesnt look very nice imo ^_^ it overdoes it)

Diamondsleeper

personally i dont really like the looks of the UV light's It looks so cold :)

but if you like it, its great i gues (only the SLI on the sli-bridge doesnt look very nice imo ^_^ it overdoes it)

I agree. I'm gonna take the SLI on the bridge off. Leaving the Nvidia logo. Just call me Mr. Freeze. :cool:

Last edited:

Diamondsleeper

Jesus! 4x 74GB raptors? And in RAID. How I wish I had money to keep upgrading.

It took a long time for me to decide to do this upgrade. Its the biggest one I've ever done. Its been like three years since my last upgrade to a ASUS A7N8X-E Board, AMD Athlon XP3200+ 2ghz CPU, 1 gig of RAM and a BFG GeForce 6800 256MB AGP Card. I decided if I was going to go PCI Express I was going to do it all the way.

Archangel

VIP Member
I know when i made my big step to PCI-e,... I decided to take the Albatron K8SLI, because it was simple, so not much extra confusing onboard devices, and it was cheap. i also bought a 6800GT with it, and damn, that was expensive. but looking back at that... i dont regret to have bouth that one, since i had a lot of fun with it :)

Diamondsleeper

I know when i made my big step to PCI-e,... I decided to take the Albatron K8SLI, because it was simple, so not much extra confusing onboard devices, and it was cheap. i also bought a 6800GT with it, and damn, that was expensive. but looking back at that... i dont regret to have bouth that one, since i had a lot of fun with it :)

I don't regret it either. I'm lovin it.

bball4life

My new..ish celery d rig (aka linux box/ dedicated folder)
Pretty much couldn't wait to put it together, and it was gonna be 2 weeks for me to get my thermaltake mambo in the mail so I didn't want it just lying around so I figured why not.:rolleyes: