Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Jamebonds1

I KNEW you would come back with that! :p

Yeah it's time to start saying QUUUAAADDDD again. :)

On a serious note, I need to get an SSD and some fan adapters for this PC so that I can get it working and give it to my brother for Christmas. I'm thinking of getting an Intel 520 64GB or 128GB (I forget which size now) SSD. They're only like £70, so it's cheap and fast.

I love qqquuuaaadddd :D

Anyway, what's wrong with your Quad computer? Old hard drive die?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got my old HP rebuilt today for my sister to use for general web browsing & music.

Sorry about the phone pics. :eek:

2012-11-25162611Copy.jpg

2012-11-25111932Copy.jpg

2012-11-25162626Copy.jpg

The Motherboard from the HP is really fussy,Does not really like using Sata drives even in 1.5 Gbit/s mode,so i stuck with IDE but at least its a 7200Rpm drive.
Also i cant remember what happened to the original HP PSU but i shoved a Gigabyte SuperB 460W in that i had spare.
For the OS,i was going to go with Linux,But i don't think it likes my system too much..ive tried Lubuntu 12.10,Elementry OS (BETA) and some other old ubuntu version i had lying around on disk and all of them would just not move past the install screen..again not sure whats up there.
So had to stick with XP Pro. :p

Final specs.
AMD Sempron 2800+,Asus a7v8x-LA motherboard ,1.25GB PC3200 ram ,ATI 9600 Pro 256Mb AGP,Seagate Barracuda 120Gb 7200Rpm,Xp Pro SP2.

Il see how it does,If it struggles then il just buy a cheap LGA 775 board,and shove in my spare E6300 & 1GB of DDR2 800Mhz ram,But so far it seems fine.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Looks all right to me! I don't think I've ever come across a 7200 RPM IDE disk in my time, most I used were slower.

spirit

Staff member
Yes I think it is a G500. I'm using the G400 right now myself and have done since February and I love it :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I spy with my little eye a Logitech G500 (Me thinks?). Wonderful mouse :D

Yup,Its actually my old mouse which i gave her with that system..im using the G5 on my machine. :),I also have a RX100 lying around somewhere. :p

I wish Logitech would bring out a Wired version of the Performance MX with a higher DPI,I really like the shape.

Last edited:

Jamebonds1

IMG_6872.jpg

This is HP DVD burner but i did put it into my Dell laptop.

IMG_6867.jpg

I reroute CPU power behind by fan.
IMG_6865.jpg

What do you guy think about this?

Virssagòn

VIP Member
It would take a hot red glow iron to start paper fire. Plus, not all old computer getting hot easily.

If no hardware really sticks against it, it's not that dangerous :p
Behind the mobo I'd place something different though.
Make 2 holes on the top and place fans init, so the hot air can get out :D
You should make a thread about it, whilst building it, or did you get the image from web?
Cool idea, maybe gonna do something like that too ;D. That will be for the hollidays though...

Jamebonds1

If no hardware really sticks against it, it's not that dangerous :p
Behind the mobo I'd place something different though.
Make 2 holes on the top and place fans init, so the hot air can get out :D
You should make a thread about it, whilst building it, or did you get the image from web?
Cool idea, maybe gonna do something like that too ;D. That will be for the hollidays though...

Lol. It look like you might reply to wrong person but no I don't own picture with paper desktop. I posted picture of my desktop with CPU power and laptop with mod of DVD burner from HP.

spirit

Staff member
So long as you can make fire or put the paper on something very hot, you can burn it. You don't need a glowing hot iron rod.