Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

PCunicorn

I think you need your VCR with those speeds since Netflix and any other online renting solution would basiscaly just not run. Are you subscribed to the 768 Kbks or 3 Mbps? I assume 768 since that's the best you've gotten in a while.

Still, you should be getting way a better ping.

G80FTW

We can get DSL out here with 40/20 speeds, in varying areas. But other areas get oversubbed and you end with less. it varies.

I would like to see that. I suppose it would be possible if you lived right next door to the provider, but I couldnt imagine a DSL line running 40mpbs down and 20mbps up.

I was only about 4 miles away from my DSL provider where I live, and I paid for their highest (10mpbs) speed and I only ever got 8mpbs at the most.

Geoff

VIP Member
The connection does what I need to, so I am OK with it.
That's fine, but you can't host anything on that server unless you are the only user and you don't mine awful speeds and high latency.

I would like to see that. I suppose it would be possible if you lived right next door to the provider, but I couldnt imagine a DSL line running 40mpbs down and 20mbps up.

I was only about 4 miles away from my DSL provider where I live, and I paid for their highest (10mpbs) speed and I only ever got 8mpbs at the most.
20130412_043042_ssj0415nextgendsl90_400.jpg

G80FTW

That's fine, but you can't host anything on that server unless you are the only user and you don't mine awful speeds and high latency.

20130412_043042_ssj0415nextgendsl90_400.jpg

Whats vectoring? Doesnt it also have something to do with the wiring already in the house? I think ADSL is all I can get.

Geoff

VIP Member
Whats vectoring? Doesnt it also have something to do with the wiring already in the house? I think ADSL is all I can get.
It sounds like a very new standard for DSL, I don't know if it requires updating wiring or not. My point in posting that actually was that the other poster is most likely false in saying he gets 40Mbps down on DSL.

G80FTW

It sounds like a very new standard for DSL, I don't know if it requires updating wiring or not. My point in posting that actually was that the other poster is most likely false in saying he gets 40Mbps down on DSL.

I would think DSL in general would have a pretty low bandwidth limit compared to cable as the wiring was never intended for it. Newer houses might have different wiring to allow for higher bandwidth through DSL, but my house was built in 1970 before even computers were mainstream in peoples homes haha.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Dual Monitor mount broke,So ive put my main monitor on the wall and will probably buy something to go underneath my second to raise it in line with the other monitor.

CLJbiRC.jpg

Love the extra room its gave me,the feet for my dual monitor took up alot of space on my desk.

And my lil rasb pi. :p

VCpAfl2.jpg

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use mine for Raspbmc :)

I have 2 Raspberry PI Model B+..one on the upstairs TV..the other on the downstairs TV.

I was quite surprised just how well these little things can handle 1080p & Blu-ray with no issues at all considering the specs.

Also the specs say they run at 700Mhz on the processor but both mine come and were set at 850mhz.

Read people were overclocking these to 950/1000mhz..:D

Gun

I use mine for Raspbmc :)

I have 2 Raspberry PI Model B+..one on the upstairs TV..the other on the downstairs TV.

I was quite surprised just how well these little things can handle 1080p & Blu-ray with no issues at all considering the specs.

Also the specs say they run at 700Mhz on the processor but both mine come and were set at 850mhz.

Read people were overclocking these to 950/1000mhz..:D
Raspmc? Never heard of it. I'll google it now, or maybe you could link me something about it! :D

They can handle 1080p? Dayum, I've always just assumed mine couldn't do much but use internet browsers and code Python. I should really do some research :p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://www.raspbmc.com/

Basically i use them as a tiny HTPC.

Yeah my ras handles 1080p just fine,Not tried blu-ray on mine yet but from what ive read (and seen on youtube) they also handle blu-ray files no issue.

Thats on the B+ model though,Not sure how well the older models with only 256mb of ram would handle it.

Gun

http://www.raspbmc.com/

Basically i use them as a tiny HTPC.

Yeah my ras handles 1080p just fine,Not tried blu-ray on mine yet but from what ive read (and seen on youtube) they also handle blu-ray files no issue.

Thats on the B+ model though,Not sure how well the older models with only 256mb of ram would handle it.

Okay cool, thanks.

Yeah not sure which model mine is, although I got in when Raspberry Pi's were pretty new, so it's most likely the older model.

Calin

I dont like posting pics of it in this cheap case with this gpu but heres one. Can't wait to change them!
5e77f0cec64be3b93d098591ab8e6679.jpg