Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

spirit

Staff member
type regedit in the run box, when regedit is open go to the tab edit there go to search and type EnableUlps and hit f3 then it shows up.

change the 1 to 0 and restart the pc, but you can also disable it with msi afterburner, trixx, evga presion. but I like to do it to the register

Why does this need to be done? His cards were running fine in CrossFire.

The Blue Beast, I don't see how changing a registry key would remove bootmgr. If you have any flash drives or external hard drives plugged into USB ports make sure you remove them because your board might be trying to boot of that instead of your boot hard disk.

Last edited:
Thanks a LOT, I hate you all. Screw you all.

damm man disable ulps has nothing to do with your bootmrg, that is you hdd/ssd, srew you and listen to people

Why does this need to be done? His cards were running fine in CrossFire.

The Blue Beast, I don't see how changing a registry key would remove bootmgr. If you have any flash drives or external hard drives plugged into USB ports make sure you remove them because your board might be trying to boot of that instead of your boot hard disk.

Disable ulps has nothing to do with if or if not crossfire works,

What is a ULPS ? What is its function ?
I have understood that can save energy, if you have a second card, disabling this second card when not needed.

Having a CrossFireX, it is always recommended to disable the ULPS ?

If so, whenever you install a new driver you have to disable it ?

Disabling the ULPS, it really helps solve screen crashes or games, and may even decrease the microstuttering ?

But why we are talking about this issue in this topic, I thought this 1 was cold

Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here

Last edited by a moderator:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Blue_Beast, I've cleaned up your posts. If you continue to have issues, please start a new thread somewhere else or discuss it in a PM (which you may or may not be able to do since I cleaned up the thread).

But as Spirit suggested, make sure your hard drive is selected as the primary boot drive.

Also, why in God's name am I still up? I've been at band camp all week. I'm exhausted.

Last edited:
Blue_Beast, I've cleaned up your posts. If you continue to have issues, please start a new thread somewhere else or discuss it in a PM (which you may or may not be able to do since I cleaned up the thread).

But as Spirit suggested, make sure your hard drive is selected as the primary boot drive.

Also, why in God's name am I still up? I've been at band camp all week. I'm exhausted.

Then go to sleep and enjoy it.:)

Geoff

VIP Member
damm man disable ulps has nothing to do with your bootmrg, that is you hdd/ssd, srew you and listen to people

I have understood that can save energy, if you have a second card, disabling this second card when not needed.

Disabling the ULPS, it really helps solve screen crashes or games, and may even decrease the microstuttering ?

But why we are talking about this issue in this topic, I thought this 1 was cold

Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here
Are you asking us or telling us?

The VCR King

Too late. I reinstalled windows and was able to reinstall all of my programs and games. I got CrossFire working.

Sorry for being mean to y'all back there. I was just really mad about my PC not loading OS.

spirit

Staff member

It doesn't really need to be done to be honest. Sounds like it only needs to be disabled if you are having problems.

Too late. I reinstalled windows and was able to reinstall all of my programs and games. I got CrossFire working.

Did you install Windows on the SSD this time round? :cool:

Jiniix

Could you actually hear it? Maybe my hearing isn't very good (and it is also probably to do with the fact that my PC sits on the floor and not right next to my ears) but I have 8 fans and 2 HDDs in my case and I don't really notice the noise at all. Though maybe I've just gotten used to it. ;)
It was truly horrible :) I've removed the 4xHDD cage that sits on top of the bottom 3x HDD cage. Wherever I placed the HDD the vibration was immense. Based on load of course. It reminded me of the Mythbusters episode with the bridge, soldiers and vibrations - if you've seen it.
I swapped the WD Black with a Seagate Barracuda of same capacity and the vibration was completely gone. And I had tried so many things, like jamming toilet paper and such in between gaps etc to reduce vibrations.
I have my PC sitting below my desk to the left too. In total (incl GPU, PSU etc) I have 8 fans as well, but I don't run any of them (except PSU) on auto :)

The VCR King

The inside of my pride and joy:
2lcn02q.jpg

The VCR King

I got it from my friend, who's son made it for him. Then the thing wouldn't boot and my friend got a new Asus. He then let me have this one.

PCunicorn

You're very lucky to get such a good computer for free.

I recommend getting a computer to desemble and reassemble so you trust your self to make changes on your main PC.

The VCR King

I've had my eye on a Win95 machine at the Thrift store. If I buy it and it boots there might be some old treasures on the main disk!