Post Your Desktop "Background screenshot"

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Maybe because XP is old and doesn't run too great on modern hardware and we mostly have high-end machines with modern hardware...

3qxnzd.jpg

PCunicorn

uL8GHa0l.jpg

My Blackberry Dev Alpha C which has way more power then my PC. Picture credit of Spirit.

My PC. The dock auto hides.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Pleased you like the photo, Jay. :)

Update... Windows 8 Start screen

tumblr_mrm6bhZ20Z1rr8jsmo1_1280.png

And I was getting bored of the F-16, so I changed it to a SAAB Viggen instead. Taken by me at the same airshow as the F-16 (Waddington 2013).

tumblr_mrm6bhZ20Z1rr8jsmo2_1280.png

Here is my lock screen. You can't take a screenshot of it, so I took a photo on my phone. Photo taken by me. :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonbrown2013/9498598325/

WP_000141_zps57d100b6.jpg

I've read the 8.1 update comes out October 17th or 18th. Looking forward to upgrading, though I personally don't have any real problems with 8 now that AMD have fixed their drivers. :)

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Not true, I think windows 7/8 is even slower in some aspects...

Trust me, I've used XP and a lot of different configurations now including on modern hardware and 7 and 8 run much better on the more modern hardware. XP is especially slow with updates installed I've found.

I've even gotten 7 to run pretty well on my old Athlon 64 box, probably about the same or better than XP in fact.

Last edited:

jamesd1981

XP is one of the most over rated things to ever exist, I really don`t see why some people continue to be hell bent on sticking with it.

Microsoft have been to soft in supporting it for so long, It should have been dead and buried years ago.

spirit

Staff member
XP is one of the most over rated things to ever exist, I really don`t see why some people continue to be hell bent on sticking with it.

Microsoft have been to soft in supporting it for so long, It should have been dead and buried years ago.

+1, though one of the reasons why it's lasted so long I think is because it's replacement, Vista, wasn't the best and most people kept with XP instead. I think it would have died sooner had Vista been better at the start (Vista has been better since SP2, but by that time it was 2 years old and 7 was on the way).

jamesd1981

I think XP is one of those things that only exists off it`s initial popularity, XP was in my opinion the first real windows os good enough for people to use easily and productively.

If you think of the crap XP followed, windows 98 - ME etc, it`s no wonder XP seemed fantastic at the time.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Every SINGLE THING I do on XP works PERFECTLY.
So should I change it?

Of course not. :D

What I do is:

Surfing the internet,listening the music,watching movies and series,downloading a lot of data,playing games,making software (programming) and so on...

So every single thing I do works super great on XP.So there is no way in the world that I am gonna change it AND lose time AND money on that if there is really not a single reason for me to do that lol.
An example...I know SO many people who are using Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012 and guess what?I can still make better things on my 15 years old PC which is running Windows XP using Visual Studio 2002 lol.

You all go ahead and use what you want lol.But I am not changing mine as long as I can make absolutely everything I want and need.

Geoff

VIP Member
Every SINGLE THING I do on XP works PERFECTLY.
So should I change it?

Of course not. :D

What I do is:

Surfing the internet,listening the music,watching movies and series,downloading a lot of data,playing games,making software (programming) and so on...

So every single thing I do works super great on XP.So there is no way in the world that I am gonna change it AND lose time AND money on that if there is really not a single reason for me to do that lol.
An example...I know SO many people who are using Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012 and guess what?I can still make better things on my 15 years old PC which is running Windows XP using Visual Studio 2002 lol.

You all go ahead and use what you want lol.But I am not changing mine as long as I can make absolutely everything I want and need.

Do you realize that if everyone thought that way, we'd still be traveling via horse, using oil burning candles for light, hunting with arrows, etc.? Just because something works, doesn't mean it can't work better and more efficiently.

Unless you keep improving and trying new things, you don't know what you're missing.

PCunicorn

do you realize that if everyone thought that way, we'd still be traveling via horse, using oil burning candles for light, hunting with arrows, etc.? Just because something works, doesn't mean it can't work better and more efficiently.

Unless you keep improving and trying new things, you don't know what you're missing.

+1