Post Your Desktop "Background screenshot"

dubesinhower

Eh I had stardock maybe I will give it another try...how did you make the custom skin? Photoshop, or did you just edit a pref file?

i just took one of the skins that had a similar shape to one i wanted, copied the skin folder, renamed it, and edited the images in photoshop. theres some config stuff you can fiddle with in each skin folder.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
hgjhgjghjgh.png

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Last year I decided my desktop should reflect my most recent purchase

MY desktop - small.JPG

(California is already outlawing most type of magazines you can buy...)

Pictures were from www.beretta90two.com

Fatback

VIP Member
dwm2009082515263183.png

By fatback at 2009-08-25

I added Object dock and got me a new background It looks awesome now. All I got to do now is find something that can replace my Vista Sidebar. Anybody know of another dock like rocket dock or object dock I still have a lot more Icons I could add but the more I add the smaller it gets and I already can't see .

Vizy

dwm2009082515263183.png

By fatback at 2009-08-25

I added Object dock and got me a new background It looks awesome now. All I got to do now is find something that can replace my Vista Sidebar. Anybody know of another dock like rocket dock or object dock I still have a lot more Icons I could add but the more I add the smaller it gets and I already can't see .

you can't see those icons???

If you spring (hehe) for object dock plus you would be able to have multiple docks.

Fatback

VIP Member
you can't see those icons???

If you spring (hehe) for object dock plus you would be able to have multiple docks.

Yes and no I can see them with my glasses on but I hate wearing my glasses :D.

I rather spend my $20 on a game then pay for a dock although it would be cool to have 10 of them up but I would probably have to upgrade my RAM for that. Oh well I guess this will just have to do I always have the start menu:). I tried dell dock and apparently I don't have dell hardware who knew:p.

tlarkin

VIP Member
The size doesn't matter but the thumbnails are the best. Sorry, not trying to act like a forum nazi but I like to see any cool desktop pics and maybe google search them for my own machines. However, when I see one that is completely over sized I just want to close this thread and keep reading.

I already found kind of a bad situation where I posted a link to a 50 meg PNG file from the hubble telescope that was 4000 x 3000 pixels, and it actually posted it. I ended up deleting the post because once I posted it I could not even browse the thread. It does in fact kill the performance.

Overall, though, it is just me being anal. Not trying to act like I run the place or be a jerk so sorry if I came off that way.