Post your SuperPi Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have not realy tried anything over 3.4ghz... its what i got it stable...i cant realy get it to 3.5,for some reason core 3 and 4 dissapears when i go over 3.4 :eek:

i think its my motherboard.

That's weird, you have the latest bios? I wonder if there are others with the same problem. How long have you had the board?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's weird, you have the latest bios? I wonder if there are others with the same problem. How long have you had the board?

Yup latest Bios i updated it not so long back....ive had this board...quite some time,maybe 2-2.5 years ,i originally had a Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86ghz (Conroe)on it,and that i couldnt get to OC past 2.8Ghz no matter how much voltage increases...obviusly i didnt push it too far though.

Im just thinking that,becasue its a budget motherboard ive realy hit the top of what its capable of :confused:

Vipernitrox

the q66xx aren't that good at oc'ing. They're very hot for starters. I've had mine at 3.9 tops (wc) but that wasn't stable. I'd oc it more if i have the time but i dont really feel the urge yet it's fast enough as it is.

lovely?

I've been able to reach 4.36ghz with my 750, but i can't seem to push the BCLK any higher than 218mhz. i've messed with all kinds of voltage settings and tried what other people have done around the net, but nothing seems to work. have any hints? or a template to work off of?

Gareth

superpid.jpg

cpuzw.jpg

Q9450 at 3.20GHz

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice Gareth!

Im courius...if i somehow change my overclock to try and get a Higher FSB would i get better Superpi results and overall better overclock?

Im currently at 3.2 now,But im sure i could get better.

linkin

VIP Member
Oh, my bad. i was at my dads place where we are using mcdonalds free wifi from across the road! (horribly slow from that distance) and i couldn't see the top image. nice time.

Aastii

VIP Member

Well .. I've seen screenshots of a couple of others (Intels) at around 3GHz and most of them were between 18-25s!!

intel do much much better than AMD on these.

In real world use my CPU and yours are about on parr (mine has double L2 cache of yours though) and I am on intel C2D and when at 3.2 (what it is now) it beats yours by a good 10 seconds, if i knocked it down to 3.0 so they are the same it would still be atleast 8 seconds faster, just because it is intel.

For an AMD chip on superpi that isn't a time to be ashamed of ;)

dark666apoc

amd just falls WAY behind on super-pi im personally getting a new board before i get to overclocking my 620 core to see if i can get back to the top of the list xD(with my line of processors atleast haha) but right now at 2.8 (as far as i can go on this board) my best time is only about 26

Status
Not open for further replies.