Post your SuperPi Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
we want new scores.

If we create a new thread, I think all the users that have posted in this thread should still receive credit for their scores. We'll discuss starting from scratch however. I assume that's what you're suggesting, that we start from scratch and eliminate all the scores in this thread.

87dtna

What he means is all the current scores plus whatever scores have not been updated.

If we create a new thread, I think all the users that have posted in this thread should still receive credit for their scores. We'll discuss starting from scratch however. I assume that's what you're suggesting, that we start from scratch and eliminate all the scores in this thread.

I'd like to start from scratch for a few reasons. First, some members are not even active anymore, so why should their scores remain? And second, a lot of the scores are old hardware, and perhaps people have since gotten new rigs but not updated their score (and/or it was never updated in this thread). Perhaps they lost interest and a new thread with fresh scores will re-kindle it.

Geoff

VIP Member
Why not? If it's for the same purpose. You are clearly not interested in updating your thread, and I won't mind doing it. Plus we'll start with fresh scores not ones from 2 years ago. I would not carry over the current list. There would be no point in keeping this thread going as it would distract from the new thread. Without updates, this thread is completely pointless, it should not be allowed to stay open.
I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a good idea, I'm simply saying that by you alone asking to close this thread and start a new one doesn't mean that this will be closed.

It's not against anyone, I just simply don't have time to keep these threads updated like I did when I created them.

Geoff

VIP Member

linkin

VIP Member
Also this version is still good for seeing how the architecture from one series of chips compares to another, it's not all about the number of cores you have :)

bomberboysk

Consider this thread finished, new threads will be up within a few days pending outcome of the poll. Geoff does not have the time to continue updating these threads and has agreed with the closing of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.