Post your SuperPi Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

VIP Member
capture1d.png

My first run under 9 seconds...sadly not quite enough to take first, but another day after more optimization!

EDIT: That's a great run Thermal! I can't quite reach it--this is my only run under 9 seconds!

Last edited:
capture1d.png

My first run under 9 seconds...sadly not quite enough to take first, but another day after more optimization!

EDIT: That's a great run Thermal! I can't quite reach it--this is my only run under 9 seconds!

Awesome run. Looks like you got a great chip too only needing 1.44v for 4.5ghz, nice stuff man!

Jet

VIP Member
Awesome run. Looks like you got a great chip too only needing 1.44v for 4.5ghz, nice stuff man!

Heh! It's barely there. One more bump in frequency, and it crashes--so it's SuperPi stable, but not much else.

I'm pretty much at a wall right there--I can't get past it with even higher voltages (ie, 1.5V, etc.). Looks like you have some nice temps there--which cooler is that?

My cooler is a Thermal Right IFX-14. It does extremely well. I noticed you didn't have HT on, was heat an issue? Maybe a higher cfm fan on your rad would be beneficial.

Jet

VIP Member
My cooler is a Thermal Right IFX-14. It does extremely well. I noticed you didn't have HT on, was heat an issue? Maybe a higher cfm fan on your rad would be beneficial.

Heat's not an issue for SuperPi--and I didn't need HT for SuperPi either, so I just cut it out in my attempt to get sub-9 second times. For 24/7 usage, I have it on--at 4Ghz/1.3V, I'm running around 70C on all the cores. I did a fairly bad job mounting it, and used the stock TIM because I didn't have any alcohol to take it off, so that might be another aspect of it.

Have you found the max bclk your board can do? Use a low multi and just keep increasing the qpi until it crashes. It will allow you to see how high you could push your board. Maybe play around with your ram. You can have a maximum of .5v difference between your QPI voltage and your Dram. If you have your QPI at 1.35 you could go all the way up 1.85v on your ram (this is the max I would do) Ram has a great affect on the speed. The 8.954 run of mine was @ only 4410 but the ram was at 1877 with 6-6-6-20 timings (friends Corsair Dominator GT ram). My 8.7s run was @ 4.7gh with ram at 2022 but with 10-10-10-24 timings because I was using my Patriot ram. You can see how with even all the extra CPU and ram speed the time is only .2s faster because my rams timings are loose. I just learnt recently about being able to go up to 1.85v on the ram so I was only working with the stock 1.65v at the time. I will defiantly do some more tuning soon especially if I go with water.

Last edited:

Jet

VIP Member
It looks like I'm hitting a wall with my motherboard right around 216BLK--the Uncore frequency doesn't like going above 3.8, so I lowered my memory and Uncore, and I am a bit past there. Then, I'm thinking that the QPI is limiting--apparently people hit a wall around 4Ghz QPI--I max at around 218BLK.

So when even lowering your ram the max is 218 your saying? 218 on an Asrock board is phenominal man. That's very impressive. Have you checked around to see what other Asrock owners are getting? Most i7 guys don't hit your speeds.

The max this board has done is 230. I have seen some classified owners in the 240 range but that is super rare (only 2 I have seen). Too bad these didn't have unlocked multi's as I think we both could hit in the 5.0ghz+ range.

Jet

VIP Member
So when even lowering your ram the max is 218 your saying? 218 on an Asrock board is phenominal man. That's very impressive. Have you checked around to see what other Asrock owners are getting? Most i7 guys don't hit your speeds.

The max this board has done is 230. I have seen some classified owners in the 240 range but that is super rare (only 2 I have seen). Too bad these didn't have unlocked multi's as I think we both could hit in the 5.0ghz+ range.

Yep--218 is max at the voltages I'm running right now...I'm not sure how much I can increase them for short runs without messing things up. Hey, I only paid $125 shipped for it, so I'm not complaining, though I wouldn't mind getting a bit higher! Now, just to get a 3.8-4.2 super stable for bigadv, and we're set!

Status
Not open for further replies.