Project: Watery

Mankz_91

Update!

I came back to my room from half-term to see some lovely packages...

72981520hn3.jpg

The First one is full of lovely Feser stuff! sponsored by Mario from The Feser Shop!

37661997wm3.jpg

58176932jd6.jpg

Some UV Green String for cables ect.

20572868jk3.jpg

86332959sy8.jpg

A couple of meters of 1/2" Acid Green UV tubing

37169704dg7.jpg

1/2" Barbs and tubing clips

44455334mo0.jpg

Acid Green UV Non-Conductive Feser! :rock:

Another Update in a mo!

Sponsors!

Willie from HWLabs and Adrian http://www.specialtech.co.uk/Specialtech
And Mario from Feser 1

Mankz_91

Update!

My other package! This one is courtesey of Adrian from www.specialtech.co.uk

Full of lovely AC Ryan bits!

Did someone say RadGrillz?

In Black? Yep! These are aluminium as opposed to stainless steel for the silver ones. These should polish up a treat!

10cm and 20cm UV CCFl's. As you know, 30cm's won't fit due to the small dimensions!

3x120mm ACRyan Blue LED fans...

A whole bunch of UV green sleeving and molex's ect.

And some quick mocups! More tommorrow!

Sponsors!

Willie from HWLabs and Adrian http://www.specialtech.co.uk/Specialtech
And Mario from Feser 1

_simon_

It's looking good, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

How is the sponsorship working, what do the sponsors actually get out of this project?

Archangel

VIP Member
out of curisosity, wouldnt having the fans blow air through the rad, instead of drawing it out be better?

wondering the same thing.. I know that having overpressure in a case it better than having underpressure at least. (at least, thats what I've heard so far)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure there's less turbulence (it's quieter) if the fans suck the air out through the rad than if they blow on it. I always had better temperatures with the fans drawing air through my rad than with them blowing on it.

apj101

VIP Member
I'm pretty sure there's less turbulence (it's quieter) if the fans suck the air out through the rad than if they blow on it. I always had better temperatures with the fans drawing air through my rad than with them blowing on it.

i think yeti had a thread on this a while ago, ill have a little look

Mankz_91

I generally have it with the fans sucking air through the rad if i'm not using a shroud... Its also sees to make it quieter that way..

Yeti

VIP Member
Putting the radiator first should act as sort of a flow staightener, so the turbulence, and hence noise, should less than if it were the other way around. Not sure what I said in those links apj101 listed (I didnt' look), but I wouldn't assume that I'm always right; fluids is lower on my list of areas of knowledge (noise is probably even lower). Thermodynamics, heat transfer, and their applications on the other hand...

By the way Mankz_91, good job on all your builds. Not sure if this has been asked, but where/how do you get your sponsors?

Mankz_91

Update 5! Fans and Grills!

So today, i started by drilling the holes to a larger diameter on my Rad Grillz. I went to 5mm for the mounting holes, and 4mm for the the fan mounts..

I laser cut the holes for the fan and the grill, aswell as some for a Bulgin switch and USB's, FireWire and audio sockets, but I somewhat mucked them up :sigh: But thats not too bad... I'll redo all the panels when the entire project has been done so that they are imaculate...:dremel:

When its dark, there is a cool glow through the rad... Also, these fans move alot of air, and are a little to loud for my liking... The are 'quiet' but not silent.. So, i think i'm gonna have to buy/make a rehostat :dremel:

Mankz_91

Started work on the Res today, as the 8mm should be here soonish...

The acrylic was cut on a circular saw this-time. I did this becuase I needed practise with it for the 8mm, and becuase its fun :clap:

Then I drilled two 4mm holes, then drilled them out to 10mm, and then out to 11.8mm. These were then tapped to a G1/4" thread.

And finally, showing off the Feser Tube and barbs. This top piece is done in 5mm, and the two G1/4" threads are for two EK G1/4" blacking barb thing-ies to act as my fill ports.

More soon :dremel: