Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 47 38.8%
  • Neither, my computer kicks their ass.

Votes: 36 29.8%

• Total voters

GhostEye

tomprice43 said:
PS3 will be so much faster so ill definatly go with that, and by the time its out, hopefully pcs will be just as fast.

did u bother to even read up on the specs of the 2 systems? their CPU's are extremely shitty. They cant even compete with old P4's let alone a amd 64. at the moment the only differences with speed between these two, will be who can code the most efficient code for which system. Also note, once multi threaded games come out (which wont be forawhile i know), the ps3 will be left in the dust. Till then, their performances will be almost identical.

Doom_Machine

you get what you pay for, i mean seriously for $300 does anyone really think thier getting the most powerful cpu in the world on either system?

pc's will always have the latest and best technology available for upgrading unlike consoles but just depends on how much you want to spend to play games. spend $300 and be stuck with this years generation of gaming engines for the next 5 years till ps4 comes out or spend more money in 3 years and play games twice as good on a pc. comes down to preferences.

Doom_Machine

4W4K3 said:
Whoever develops/mass-produces an "upgradable console" will be in for the big bucks.

there have been many upgrades for consoles in the past and ALL did poorly...sega 32x for instance, simple addon that turned the genesis 16bit into 32bit with much more power...all the consoles that tried such things lost money big time. even the hard drive addon for ps2 flopped horribly, and it wasnt much of an upgade.

Archangel

VIP Member
no.. but they only use blue ray diskt because people can copy them atm.
they wont make actually 53Gb games.

Jon Boy

Regardless of which one is better on paper (technically wise) I will always prefer the PS3 because of its backwards compatability. That way I don't have to keep 3 consoles to play all my old games (and you have to admt games were way better when the graphics weren't the be all end all selling point) and Halo sucks so why would I want a XBox with Halo 3

I agree with you here 100%, and I need a new ps2 anyway cos mine is laying in about 20 bits with cracked circuit boards and all.

yer i no but you never no in teh future they might and on teh blue ray disk they are gona put high definision dvd ect
I will also get it on the fact that you can use blue-ray disks. Have you seen how much a blue ray player costs on its own anyway? well its ALOT.

Jon Boy

Just think they can do more than one full game on a disk like back on the sega mega drive. Think about it you can get a discount cos u can purchase 5 games or more on 1 disk !!!!!!!!!

dar2lit

I have to agree with some of the replies on here about the xbox or ps2 being better. It is all about what you like and can play. I have both the xbox and ps2, some games I like on the xbox and some games I like on the ps2. I think they are both great consoles. As far as the xbox360 or ps3, I will get them both. I am expecting my xbox360 on Nov. 22. When Sony releases the ps3, i will get that one two. I will also get on the sameday Halo3. My vote is to get both systems and have a kickass computer.

Zhuge Liang

Eventually both, if they came out at same time, Id get the 360 first.

I got it preordered from months ago. Cant wait for it

Geoff

VIP Member
most likely i wont get either, but if i decide to get one, it would be the xbox, but not until the price comes down.

epidemik

I would probably get an xbox but not until an awesome game (like Halo), which isnt compatible with my PS2, is released for it giving me a good reason to upgrade. Also most of my friends will probably get it and it always is fun to bring games and memory cards to someone elses house. I will definately wait until prices come down and the fix a few of the errors that have been reported.

Last edited:

Modoman

GhostEye said:
did u bother to even read up on the specs of the 2 systems? their CPU's are extremely shitty. They cant even compete with old P4's let alone a amd 64. at the moment the only differences with speed between these two, will be who can code the most efficient code for which system. Also note, once multi threaded games come out (which wont be forawhile i know), the ps3 will be left in the dust. Till then, their performances will be almost identical.

the xbox will be left in the dust. the ps3 will be able to handle multiple threads without question, as it will have essentially 7 cores. that is the purpose of using the chip in the ps3.

maroon1

i will not buy any of them, i will stick on my pc

but between ps3 and xbox360, i would go with ps3 without even thinking, because it is more powerful than xbox360 interms of both cpu and gpu, and the more important thing that it has much better games than xbox360.

here some links that shows that ps3 is much more powerful than xbox360

PlayStation 3 is compared with Xbox 360 and a PC clocked at 3.2 Ghz in Floating Point Performance http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery...pedia+Images&dekey=8784671701491003.jpg&gwp=8

A side-by-side comparison between Xbox 360 and PS3 can be seen here http://www.bigkid.com.au/2005/05/17/xbox-360-vs-ps3

some infomation about ps3 http://www.answers.com/ps3
xbox360 http://www.answers.com/xbox 360
Revolution http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?method=4&dsid=2222&dekey=Nintendo+Revolution&gwp=8&curtab=2222_1

Thug541

Modoman said:
the xbox will be left in the dust. the ps3 will be able to handle multiple threads without question, as it will have essentially 7 cores. that is the purpose of using the chip in the ps3.

Ahhh sony has plagued the mind of many people as they usually do. Yes i guess you could say the Cell processor has essentially 7 cores (specifically called SPE's), however what Sony doesnt' say is that the SPE's are very specific, meaning they will go completly unused unless specific instructions are given to each one. Also, the SPE's work more like hyperthreading.....not really a full core, nor are they running at 3.2ghz. Furthermore, as amazing as the Cell looks on paper, 1. its going to be EXTREMLY difficult to program for (in fact at one point, The Cell was supposed to handle everything in the PS3, but after seeing its limitations in some departments they realized they needed a dedicated graphics chip.) So the best parts of the Cell are going to be limited by the GPU. In the end, i think xbox and sony's powerhouses are really a lot more similar then what most poeple think. To top it off, xbox360 uses a PowerPC chip, something developers are very used to developing on meaning better quality games are def. coming onto the xbox360 long before the ps3. Now the real winner of this war is IBM seeing they have a hand in all three processor, not bad at all IBM.

Just wanted to add a statement that IBM made:
"According to recent testing by IBM [7], SPEs can be expected to reach 75.9% of their theoretical performance."

Last edited:

Modoman

well... speculation aside im still not jumping out of my seat for either. pc is vastly superior imo, just not as much variety when it comes to games.