PS4, finally to be unveiled?

CrazyMike

Graphics cards are not coming out any faster than they have been for the past 20-30 years....

Hmm, not from what I have found. Just in the last 6 years there has been roughly 85 Radeon cards that have been out. The 6 years before that, there was 65. Well that's just from what I can see.

As well, you take a look at the technologies involved. Each card introduces better performance, and each 'set' of card series introduces something new. Even if you take a look at the consoles, Ps3 and the new Ps4, it's a huge leap in graphics alone.

So when i say "Take a look at the rate of which video cards are coming out! (Here's just an example) They are always pushing technology." it's exactly that. The economy (demand) for more powerful (yet efficent) computer components is driving the innovative industry.

"need more power scotty!"

G80FTW

Hmm, not from what I have found. Just in the last 6 years there has been roughly 85 Radeon cards that have been out. The 6 years before that, there was 65. Well that's just from what I can see.

As well, you take a look at the technologies involved. Each card introduces better performance, and each 'set' of card series introduces something new. Even if you take a look at the consoles, Ps3 and the new Ps4, it's a huge leap in graphics alone.

So when i say "Take a look at the rate of which video cards are coming out! (Here's just an example) They are always pushing technology." it's exactly that. The economy (demand) for more powerful (yet efficent) computer components is driving the innovative industry.

"need more power scotty!"

Well, I dont know about AMD/ATi cards, but nVidia has been steadily releasing a new series every year since at LEAST 2001 when I built my first PC.

They can release as many "cards" as they want, what matters is their flagship card because every card below that will be using the architecture from that GPU. We have seen a more diverse line of cards offering more low-end mid range series, however the technology is not advancing any faster.

Last edited:

G80FTW

?? I hope you aren't saying that with a straight face. If you are serious, I think I'll have to start agreeing with Aastii

If nVidia has been releasing a new GPU architecture (occasionally an updated version of an older architecture like the 9 series) once a year for the past 10+ years, then rate at which new technology becomes available to consumers is the same is it not?

We are talking about the rate at which the technology is advancing, not how far its advancing per GPU. That is a little different, however, even there we have seen a pretty steady roll since nVidia first released the 8 series back in 2006 or 2007 with the CUDA cores the base architecture for even their new cards.

G80FTW

You saying one 680 gets 50-60fps at max at 1080p? Nonsense.

Actually I said its steady around 50fps.

I dont see why its so hard to believe. Since its the same as Crysis 2 just with less graphical features but more vegetation. Makes perfect sense to me.

Ill post a screen.

Justin

VIP Member
What the hell is going on in this thread D:

21180429.jpg

G80FTW

Worst case, with alot of particle effects and vegetation on all going on:

In game, with motion blur out doors:

53.2 and 30. That gives you an average framerate of roughly 42fps.

tech savvy

Worst case, with alot of particle effects and vegetation on all going on:

In game, with motion blur out doors:

53.2 and 30. That gives you an average framerate of roughly 42fps.

Is that maxed out? Cause the graphics the PS4 showed, makes that look 8-bit, lol, jk.

But seriously, the PS4 does look better.

Turbo10

Who cares what the game looks like, it's gameplay that counts. Killzone looked beautiful, but it's just another FPS

G80FTW

Is that maxed out? Cause the graphics the PS4 showed, makes that look 8-bit, lol, jk.

But seriously, the PS4 does look better.

Yup. Thats max. And I completely agree, it was hard to tell from the video, but from what I watched the PS4 is pretty big leap forward in graphics.

M1kkelZR

Aye. Now it's turned into a Crysis 3 thread.PC snobs just need to ruin the fun for others.

yeah sure, we ruin this for others... /facepalm ima kill myself soon /endfacepalm

Yup. Thats max. And I completely agree, it was hard to tell from the video, but from what I watched the PS4 is pretty big leap forward in graphics.

So you think that looks bad? It looks good to me, but what do I know as an editor and what not.