PS4 or Xbox One?

• PS4

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

Troncoso

VIP Member
That's nothing to do with the question. Will you two kids just go away?

I've already pre-ordered a PS4, just to stay on topic.

PCunicorn

Yes, I just came here to edit my post to say what I might be getting. And stop being such a ass hat, damn it! I may not do an awful lot, but at least I am not such an ass. I do use consoles occasionally. If I do go next Gen and sell my ps3, I will get a PS4 UNLESS the One drops in price, then I may look into it.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
(If) i was to ever get one of the next gen consoles then it would probably be the PS4.

Although i doubt il get one to be honest.

Btw you should have a poll option for "Undecided 50/50"

lucasbytegenius

Watch out, you will offend Tronsoco.

200.gif

PunterCam

I'll probably get the new xbox in a couple of years once it's priced down a bit and there are some games worth buying for it... Although actually, the PS3 had all the good exclusives as far as I was concerned. Maybe a PS4. Haven't really read up on them, but they'll be identical I'm sure. Certainly both very ugly. The Xbox looks very 80s.

I'll treat my PC to a new video card in the meantime, and perhaps try to squeeze some more ram under the cpu fan.

Got to say - aren't consoles great these days? My Xbox is 7 years old now, and I'm gasping at some of the visuals in GTA5. A proper life-span, which I hope the next-gen will match.

Okedokey

Xbox one, will be much better game support imo, plus you will be able to install windows 8 on it in no time.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Xbox one, will be much better game support imo, plus you will be able to install windows 8 on it in no time.

.....Why is that a benefit? It completely ruins the point of buying a console in the first place. Who buys a console to turn it into a PC? Last I checked, PC's did a pretty good job of being a PC.

And I'm not even sure what "better game support" means. There are very few actual exclusives going towards either the Xbox 1 or the PS4. And even those exclusive will likely see their way to the other console and PC's later down the line.

Okedokey

.....Why is that a benefit? It completely ruins the point of buying a console in the first place. Who buys a console to turn it into a PC? Last I checked, PC's did a pretty good job of being a PC.

And I'm not even sure what "better game support" means. There are very few actual exclusives going towards either the Xbox 1 or the PS4. And even those exclusive will likely see their way to the other console and PC's later down the line.

Well firstly the Xbox has always had better game support meaning, more developers and secondly directx will mean it will probably be better supported given its X86.

And on that topic, smartass, its never been an issue before since this is the first consoles running X86. So yeah, putting windows on it to run a whole lot of extra applications will mean (because its windows based OS at least half the time) a better supported integration. Essentially these consoles are just PCs with dumbed down OSs.

But why the Xbox will win this one? One word: DirectX. Unlike previous incarnations, these consoles wont be coding to the metal. So the familiar DirectX over some modified OpenGL will mean that more games and more support. Also, running Windows as a separate interchangeable partition will be a bonus.

Also, who thinks it will only be a matter of time until the PC will run console games natively?

Last edited:

PCunicorn

Is that how my name is spelled?

Nobody cares man. Frickin smart ass.

Xbox One. Community. OS/Features. Controller. kinect.

I understand on all points except Kinect. Kinect is stupid IMO unless it's gotten better from the 360. And the One certainly isn't better in terms of price. Also, community was much better this Gen on the 360, but I think they will be very similar, espesically now that the PS4 is cheaper and more people are buying it and PS+ is better then XBL with the free games and such.