PS4 or Xbox One?

• PS4

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

Punk

Staff member
You can always buy a controller for PC BUT like everyone said, and we've had that discussion before, consoles are better for gaming at a given price.

If I should choose between the two, I'll get the PS4. Why? Because I've never liked Xbox and the fact that you have to pay in order to play online...

PCunicorn

You have to pay in order to play online with the PS4 now too. Kinda sucks but at least you get free games with Playstation Plus, which is what you buy to play online. And I already have a controller for the PC, that's not the reason I want a PS4. It's because, well I really don't know lol. I just want one :p The reason I am not getting a XB1 is because it;s more expensive (and I could care less about Kinect) and they really screwed up in the beginning with the DRM. It's not because I am some crazy fan boy, they both have there pros and cons. The XB1 also has some awesome exclusives like Titanfall (but the PC has that) and Forza. Don't care to much about the others except maybe Dead Rising 3. But the PS4 has Gran Turismo, Killzone, and Infamous, and whatever Naughty Dog puts out. And that PS4 looks so much more sexy :D

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
That's my main concern with the new line of consoles, my computer will quickly deteriorate in the ability to play games at higher settings. My computer is basically the same specs as the new PS4 so that's hopefully a good sign. I didn't really even plan on that but it came out that way.

I really wouldn't worry too much. Your CPU will be fine for years to come and the graphics card, whilst it won't 'last' as long as your CPU in terms of playing the latest games, can easily be replaced. By the time it needs upgrading, there will be something far better than the 7850 on sale which is will cost about the same or less.

I'm still on a 5870 - a card from 4 years ago - and playing games fine. Granted, the newest game I play is from 2011, but I reckon I could still the newest games at close to highest settings at 1080p.

But back on topic, I would probably get the PS4 as I've said. I think the cost difference alone will mean a lot of people will be buying a PS4 this Christmas over the Xbox One.

JLuchinski

Wow, a lot of PS4's are having issues with overheating due to bad thermal paste. Will be interesting to see how the XBO does. I think I'm going to wait at least a year and see what games are out and hopefully by then all of the hardware issues are sorted out as well.

speedx77x

I hate the dualshock 4's thumb sticks i rush i a lot in Call of duty and in any other shooter, so i constantly have to keep on pressing them which hurts, and the texture on the back makes my hands sweat. Guess it's time to invest in a custom controller.

Calibretto

VIP Member
Personal preference. For me, Xbox and Playstations are gaming consoles. I buy them to game, not browse the internet or stream videos.

Understandable. I used the 360 to stream Netflix, MLB.tv, ESPN, etc., as well as play games, so when I'm looking for a gaming console, I like one that can act as a great set-top box as well.

Troncoso

VIP Member
The PS4 also streams video from various sources, if that was really a system seller. And you don't have to have a subscription through the console to use services you already have a subscription for.

Geoff

VIP Member
The PS4 also streams video from various sources, if that was really a system seller. And you don't have to have a subscription through the console to use services you already have a subscription for.
That's a big one. With Xbox you need the paid version of Xbox live to use Netflix, YouTube, etc. I bought a Chromecast for $35 so I can use that to stream videos.

Troncoso

VIP Member
My Vita can't seem to remote to my PS4 from work. That's been my only disappointment with the PS4 so far.

jevery

Three days and counting for the Xbox. While I could actually care a less that the Xbox interfaces with television, I'll give it a try - Could be worthwhile if it lives up to claims. My vice is Forza racing and my Son's a COD fanatic. Don't really know what to expect as far as graphical improvement. I'll report a review in a week.

beers

Staff member
I'd go with the PS4 simply for having more GPU hardware resources on that version of the APU they are using. It's a big difference.

I had a preorder but cancelled it, just needing some games to come out like Gran Turismo and then I'm sold :p

The policy reversal and mentality of MS seemed to piss a lot of people off though, myself included.