PSU failing? Should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirit

Staff member
Oh no, we're not still going on about this?

One word: CORSAIR!

CX series is affordable!! And modular!! And good quality!!

The VCR King

Tomorrow you're gonna say you're gonna get an Aprevia. I'll believe it when it happens.
Nah I'm going Corsair for sure

Also when I put in the Corsair, do I need to put in new modular cables too or can I just leave the cables from the Cougar in the system and plug those into the Corsair? I already know this project is going to be a PITA because the previous owner of the PC zip-tied every single cable possible to the frame of my case. My SATA cables are zip-tied to my case, and all my power cables are too.

Corsair No not any more the changed the warrenty, If you buy from sombody else a corsair psu even if its only 2 days old, you whont have warrenty, only the person hoe bought it first has warrenty.
I go for cooler master, if you buy a psu from them the give you a 2 year pick up and return warranty

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Corsair No not any more the changed the warrenty, If you buy from sombody else a corsair psu even if its only 2 days old, you whont have warrenty, only the person hoe bought it first has warrenty.
I go for cooler master, if you buy a psu from them the give you a 2 year pick up and return warranty
What the hell are you talking about? He never said he was buying it from somewhere else. He bought his PC from someone else.

What the hell are you talking about? He never said he was buying it from somewhere else. He bought his PC from someone else.
I know so??? i just say IF he whants to buy a second handed psu from corsair even if its 2 days old, he has no warranty, and if he buys a new whan and after a while he whants to sell it then the other person has no warranty, if he buys it new and ceeps it then there is no problem, but even then i would go for cooler master, like i set, if the cooler master breaks, the pick it up at youre house and the will bring it back, at least in holland

The VCR King

Lol I didn't even buy it. I got it for free because of its power supply issue and the fact it wouldn't boot and the previous owner already got a new rig. Four new sticks of ram and a Windows reinstall later and the PC is mine :)

Don't do this. The pinout might be different if the cable even fits and you'll see smoke.
Oh ok. I thought all PSUs had the same pin outs... apparently not lol

Last edited by a moderator:

The VCR King

Aye, while there's the ATX standard for what ties into the motherboard, there's really no standard for how they come out of the PSU ;)
Oh ok :)

Also, if somehow for whatever reason replacing the PSU doesn't fix my power issue, what would be the next thing to have checked/replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.