replacement motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an Asus M2N32 Sli deluxe with wifi that is now dead. The CPU I was using in it was the Phenom ii X4 940 (3.0ghz) with 4 gb of DDR2 memory. For right now, I want to stick with the CPU and type of memory I am using. What motherboard is out there that would be very similar to the M2N32 Sli Deluxe? I like Asus and Gigabyte motherboards.

OK, what model of motherboard is similar to the M2N32 Sli deluxe MB that I have? there is not any M2N32's on ebay right now, so I am having to look for something similar that will work with DDR2 and the phenom processor I have.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I think you better just buy the new technology. Just buy an am3+ board with ddr3 memory and am3+ processor.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to look on ebay if you are dead set on it. Am2+ boards are processors are a dead end, they don't make them anymore. Newegg doesn't even have any am2+ boards in stock anymore.

Found an MSI 770T C45 on ebay and made the bid. Bidding ended today on it so I was able to stick around til the end. It's mine, so now I just gotta pay for it and wait.

It really wouldn't bother me a bit if I had to format and reinstall. OK, it would a little because of all the programs I have installed but oh well. The OS on my HDD is 32bit and I would like to change it to 64bit.

Last edited:

Okedokey

It really wouldn't bother me a bit if I had to format and reinstall. OK, it would a little because of all the programs I have installed but oh well. The OS on my HDD is 32bit and I would like to change it to 64bit.

It would certainly be better, but just to clarify, you'd need to purchase a new licence.

Status
Not open for further replies.