Scariest Game You've Ever Played

skidude

Ok, the one human emotion which game developers have mastered is fear. Don't lie, we've all played a game which made us feel extremely uneasy and on edge.

However, my vote for the scariest game ever made goes to STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl. It is simply eerie beyond words and reason. The part in Lab X18 had me unsure of whether I even wanted to continue. The sense of post-apocalyptic hopelessness and fear is amazing. I've never played anything quite like it, and never had a feeling like that before. It is, by far, the scariest game I have ever played in my life.

How about you guys?

DirtyD86

banned
the original silent hill for the playstation one scared the crap out of me. i was a lot younger then, i think maybe 12 or 13 but it really got into my head. i loved that game

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Yeah stalker was spooky, especially with all the atmospheric mods I had on. I know Doom 3 was filled with cheap scares, but that one owned me big time.. and I cannot forget to mention Resident evil. RE2, RE: Nemesis, any of them, they all scared the shit out of me.

Off topic, I read a comic book my 16 YO aunt gave when I was 5. It was a batman comic, my favorite superhero of the time. The difference was this book was gory. Batman was an evil vampire who ripped people apart and mutilated them and ate them. I was scared of the dark for a long time after that, it's pokes through sometimes to this day... :eek:

XxIlluminatorxX

when I used to play Diablo 2, I was really small and when I got to the second catacombs to fight the last boss I couldnt do it and I never beat it since.

Calibretto

VIP Member
F.E.A.R. was a pretty intense and scary game. Sometimes I would have to stop playing cause it was too intense.

Archangel

VIP Member
Homeworld when it was released and I first played it. not scary as in you get shocked, mut more scare as in, tense moments when you see your scouts move into empty space, not knowing what they'll find. and the music just gave exacly that feeling.

Hyper_Kagome

I haven't played a lot of games with a scare tactic to it as of late. I've never played the Resident Evil games, but watching them is enough to make me jump at parts. Nemisis and Zombies, the Tyrant... I just don't like them. They're like a horrible dream come true. I mean.. who had to think of decaying flesh eating brain monsters?

Blah.

I need to get a job and save for a better computer for gaming... get some games like BioShock...

mtb211

HALO? are you kidding me? I have stalker.. and I really never played it... Ill give it a try because ive always looked for scary games... Silent Hill for ps1 was pretty scary, FEAR made me jump... Bioshock had a part or two... Resident evil one scared me more than any other

AcetheGamer

Condemned....facing serial killers with no lethal weapons to rely on to, the fact of being helpless is scary enough for me......

patrickv

the original silent hill for the playstation one scared the crap out of me. i was a lot younger then, i think maybe 12 or 13 but it really got into my head. i loved that game

dude you are not the only one, that game scared the holy crap out of me too.
I dreamed about the monsters coming to get me and for most part sometimes in my room, i felt like i was actually in silent hill, the fogs and everything.
but that game was way cool.
another game that scared the holy crap out of me was Resident Evil 2.Resident evil 3 wasn't really scary, nemesis kinda pissed me off instead of scaring me :p

bigl2007

the scariest games that scared me are

Resident Evil 2 and 3 silent hill scared the hell outta me and resident evil 4 is pretty scary too plus the music in the game doesnt help lol

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I'm currently replaying RE4, but on the PC this time (and with Albert's texture mod). It isn't as downright scary as some of the other RE's, but it still spooky. I try to avoid playing it at night, alone. :eek:

Play it!

Iluvpenguins

Bioshock for me was almost scary at times - not exactly "boo" type scary but an erie feeling throught Rapture

Bioshock is an eerie game. It creeps me out. The combination of oldies music and mutated people scares me. Also the parts where the lights cut out or something appears out of nowhere is freaky.

Hell...that lady singing to her revolver scared me.

patrickv

Res.Evil 4 is not that scary at all in my opinion, but those mini games where you can use Ada wong,Hunk etc is, there's a giant illuminados with a chainsaw running around like crazy and apparently normal guns wont bring him down.
He just pops up out of nowhere when youve killed a number of other enemies

hermeslyre

VIP Member
You've apparently got bigger balls then me cause I've definitely gotten scared playing it, but only in the dark, without anyone around. Otherwise it, and any scary game I've ever played fails to effect me.

Play it in the dark! :D