Scariest Game You've Ever Played

patrickv

You've apparently got bigger balls then me cause I've definitely gotten scared playing it, but only in the dark, without anyone around. Otherwise it, and any scary game I've ever played fails to effect me.

Play it in the dark! :D

makes no difference cause i did.
the part that scared me the most was the lake, when i took the boat, i was concentrating on leon and all of sudden that big a** monster fish made an apperance, boy that one got me

tuxify

Hello Kitty Island Adventure 2 was really scary back when I was 15, but I'm 16 now, and it doesn't scare me at all!

Same with Doom 3 at night.

Nightrain

I don't really get scared by movies or much at all, but games seem to be different for me. Not scared, but definitely really jumpy.

I can let myself get immersed if the game is good. Especially with a 22" screen, decent sound system, and pc. I just get into it. Get jumpy. My friends laugh sometimes, but ehh its cool. It allows me to get into the game more and enjoy it then just plow right on through oblivious to everything.

Games that made me jump:

Doom 3
FEAR
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Dead Rising : on some ohh sh*t parts, when its dark and you can't see anything, the rest of the time i am just grinning ear to ear bashing zombies

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I would have to say, Doom 3. Also Doom 2 when I was like 8 the sound of the Hell Knights and Barons of Hell in Doom 2 scared the crap out of me...

Also Bioshock but just a little bit.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
F.E.A.R. was a pretty intense and scary game. Sometimes I would have to stop playing cause it was too intense.

That was far from scary. My friend made it seem uber scary and I tried it and wasn't slightly affected. I was more curious about what was happening than scared.

I haven't played too many scary games as I just recently turned 17 and my mother has lately been letting me get whatever. However, I have to say Doom 3 is scary as hell in the dark for one of the first time players.

I need to get something like Stalker.

nffc10

I got the first Doom for Christmas on PS1 when i was about 8. My palms were sweating and it had me literally sh*ting my pants.:D

What can i say, i was 8.:p

HumanMage

I think the scariest game I've played was on Playstation and it was Resident Evil 2. That game freaked me out. All the surprise dogs and zombies everywhere scared the crap out of me when I was 11 or 12. I haven't really played any of the "modern" horror games so I don't know how any of them are.

PunterCam

Come on people! AvP! No one get scared as **** as the marine?? Your motion detector beeping, pitch black. It's the only game I've actually fired off huge amounts of rounds into the dark. I don't think anything has come close...

jimmymac

VIP Member
possible Alone in the dark on the PS, very atmospheric. First played it at a mates house one night with it hooked up to his surround sound system, certainly caught me out a few times...

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Silent hill 2 on the PS2. Those freaky monsters scared the crap out of me, plus everything was either really dark or foggy. The white noise radio monster detector really added to the atmosphere.. But I made it to the end, saved all my rifle ammo and just unloaded on the final boss.

GSAV55

Definitely STALKER, especially when you are underground, or in those dark building and the mutants attack you and disappear. That or FEAR. I only played the FEAR demo and decided not to pay $50 for nightmares, lol
________
1Delicious_Pussy

Last edited:

lexmark

I can remember a few scary parts in fear... like the dark tunnel you walk down in the begining of the game and all of a sudden that little girl apears and the music starts up!! sending chills down my spine as i type hah

ill have to give stalker a try, smoke a little ganja... turn off the lights and prepare myself ;) can't wait!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Maybe I should get a 5.1 system because monitor speakers and an old Altec Lansing 2.1 aren't cutting it anymore.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I am gonna go a bit old school on you guys....

Another world, which came out in 1991 for the SNES was a scary game for me. You started the game off with no story, just you in a cage. You break free and this giant unstoppable gorilla chases you, and if he catches you, you die. You flee for your life and you don't know where you are, and everyone is against you. You are completely alone in an alien world. You can't communicate with anyone and you have to survive on pure instinct. I gave a very surreal survival feeling, one that creeped you out completely.

I've always enjoyed horror movies, so zombie games and the like don't scare me. The original Doom was scary enough, and I was like, 10 or so when it first came out (maybe I was 12 not sure) and I thought the noises the daemons made was eerie. Ever since then everything has been a rehash, so not too scary.

Alone in the Dark, is another series of games that started out in the same manner, no story introduction at all, you just started the game. As you progressed you unlocked bits and pieces of a crazy dark story line.

They don't make games like those anymore.