screw newegg

Why do you think UPS gets the nickname "United Package Smashers"? And it's the holiday season, so UPS is probably at max capacity and slinging crap everywhere. I will bet you that if you call NewEgg, explain your situation, using lots of adjectives about how the case was delivered, they will give you overnight delivery via FedEx for free...

Or you decided to go with a looks instead of quality... like most people do. And end up with busted cases n' stuff cause of a cheap manufacturer...

Those cases are actually pretty decent...

newguy5

Why do you think UPS gets the nickname "United Package Smashers"? And it's the holiday season, so UPS is probably at max capacity and slinging crap everywhere. I will bet you that if you call NewEgg, explain your situation, using lots of adjectives about how the case was delivered, they will give you overnight delivery via FedEx for free...

actually i'll probably call them when i get home. that's not a bad idea. thanks. oh yeah, and it makes sense about the holiday season. hopefully the important components will not be effed up when i get them today. well, those are probably packaged and have the proper weight to withstand a toss or a drop. still, i'm very confused why the case has dents in it and the styrofoam appears untouched.

Bronson7

Agreed, those cases are great! Built three rigs with them.
Bronson7

paratwa

No matter whom you order from, eventually you are going to have a problem. Whether it is the store, shipper or manufacture, somewhere sometime something will go wrong. It's the law of averages.

I have been ordering parts from Newegg for 6 years now. I have had only 1 problem and they fixed it promptly. They even paid the shipping both ways and upgraded the shipping to next day for the new part for free.

Now that is what I call service.

On a couple of occasions they have given me store credit because they had something listed, I ordered it, and it was not actually in stock at the time, even though it was listed as in stock. It did not cost me anything since the order never went through. But they felt it was an inconvenience to me.

So give Newegg a break, they are the best at what they do. You might find an item cheaper somewhere else from time to time, but thats a rare occasion.

And if you talk to them with respect and patience, they will treat you the same way.

pumaking

Only been ordering from Newegg for a year. So far great service.

However UPS sucks the biggest goat nuts. They throw my package at my door and have damamged a $500 car part. Thankfully I had insurance

newguy5

they weren't willing to overnight or to pay shipping of the item back to them. i was very civil. that's ridiculous. they should absorb any shipping costs IMO, or else not be a business that solely relies on someone like UPS that can screw something up at any time. to each his own. and don't respond again with your "you're a dumbass because i like newegg" responses please.

glad you guys had good experiences. got the rest of the components in yesterday and the cpu box has a slight crease in the top near where the actual cpu sits in the box (why the hell did they ever put the cpu at the top of the box where there is no padding anyway?). anyway, concerns me as to whether or not it took a fall. should i be concerned of that?

StrangleHold

Staff member
I dont know it might have something to do with how much you have ordered from them. When I get something DOA/defected/broke from them I pay shipping back but they give me credit on the original shipping charges and ship back free.

newguy5

would you guys worry about a crease in the top of the cpu package? sorry if that's ridiculous, just that you know how this has been going for me already and i don't know if those c2ds are in very protective boxes...

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Whats wrong lately? Someone else in the forum was also saying that Newegg sucked, it has been great to me..

HumanMage

I agree with what most people said, that its probably the carrier that you chose. Normally Newegg takes really good care in shipping products. For instance I got my notebook RAM yesterday, came in a box 4 times as big, with hundreds of packing peanuts and the item was in perfect condition. However I did have to RMA a video card one time, but even then the process was easy.

newguy5

yeah i may call and ask for a manager is the shipping is over $10. $10 or less is probably not worth the hassle. i just hate that i have to wait several days now to build.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Awhile back, I ordered a MSI barebones kit from newegg. The case arrived in horrible condition, but I immediately assumed it was due to the quality of the case, or the method in which UPS handled the package. The external 5.25" drive covers were plastic and broken. The covers that remained intact refused to snap in. There were a few dents as well. I didn't bother with a RMA; I took everything out of the case, threw the case away, and bought a new one.

My point is: Newegg barely handles the products that arrive in their warehouses' (I'm assuming). Especially with a case, they cannot open each package they receive to make sure it's in perfect condition. It's most likely the carrier, but it's possible that the case was improperly packaged.

In your situation, I think newegg should have paid the cost for shipping back the product. :)

newguy5

oh i agree, they should definitely be paying for it, especially in a case where even if they had offered to overnight the package it would not get here until after christmas, unless they used a carrier that delivers on saturday.

in more recent news my ipod broke today after 3 years, lol. perfect. another $250 i gotta spend.

shortymet55

okay it's probably not a good idea to call someone stupid because the first time they buy from an online site they buy a beat up product, have to pay for it to be shipped back, lose money, and it's their first time to buy from the company at all.

Newegg must have done it on purpose to make you mad :rolleyes: .

UPS doesn't get away with much destruction..

The last job I had, which was a medium-scale A/C installation & repair business.. Before shipping out our ordered items, our vendors would always do a quality control check. Then when it arrived at our stock, it was inspected again and if something was wrong, the owner or myself(Office Manager ;)) would call the vendor's reps to tell them. I befriended one of them and happened to ask him what they did when UPS caused damage, he said something about filing a claim.. I assume that when he said "filing a claim", that he meant they were reimbursed for the damages. Does NewEgg do the same?