Should I build a pc or am I too young.

addle_brains

OK, I have to ask. What are you planning to use a system like that for?

I was planning a system like that, only better. Was going to cost about $5-6000 (after mate's rates.) I figured if I bought one like that it would not only be too awesome to use, in 5 years it would still be kickass. I've since decided that I'm too impatient to save that kind of money and I've just got my R class license, so I'm saving for a bike.

Interested

I'm 11 years old. I can watch the online tutorials and it seems pretty easy but my parents think I'll get electricuted but I don't blow up the mobo or whatever blows up. So whats your opions:

Specs of build.

Nzxt Zero.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
4096mb ram... (how does it work. there are only 2 notches)
Nvidia 8800ULTRA or if around Christmas 9800GTX
Abit wi-fi 680i Mobo or if around christmas what ever mobo that supports PCI-E 2 and has wifi
1000GB X2 500GB
20.1inch 1680XD1050 monitor

YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... Its really fun, i built my first computer @ 9 and im 12 right now.... just make sure you dont end up like me and want new parts every other week, cuz that drives parents crazy....

Gogey

GET A JOB GAWD

Yeah I know, working papers, yadda yadda. Just build something you won't have to update for a while, they'll feel better about paying for it, and having slightly outdated parts in a year isn't bad :\ Just be ready to pay for future upgrades

Legend 69

Im 15 and i have been working constanly for about 2 months on £3 Per hour to get my £1050 comp, finally reached it today. Feels so much better buying something when you know you earned it.

Legend 69

Im going to buy my new comp today, so i'll try to get some experience building computers by deconstuctiing my old one and putting it back together again.

K3rupt

Well as far as I can tell you don't really know what you're doing.
For one, two of the same video card in SLI does not equal twice the processing speed. And that motherboard you have selected does not have SLI capabilities (as far as I know) meaning one of those cards would be useless. And XP Pro I think only supports 2 gigs of RAM.

Watch What you say without research.

The Asus Deluxe Wifi Supports SLI Capability's.

Want Proof?

The maximum amount of memory that can be supported on Windows XP Professional is 4 GB.

However,

The virtual address space of processes and applications is still limited to 2 GB unless the /3GB switch is used in the Boot.ini file.

The /3GB switch allocates 3 GB of virtual address space to an application that uses IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE in the process header.

This switch allows applications to address 1 GB of additional virtual address space above 2 GB.

To edit the Boot.ini file in XP too allow for more ram is simply done using

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="????" /3GB

For Vista, 4Gb is the maximum for x86 processors without any modification (EMT64 etc.)

x86 is another term for 32 bit processor.

SLI Shares out the load of graphics processing, taking the load from one GPU and sharing it among two.

Just one 8800GTX Ultra would be insane to run games, but two? Thats Mad.

So Jealous.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... Its really fun, i built my first computer @ 9 and im 12 right now.... just make sure you dont end up like me and want new parts every other week, cuz that drives parents crazy....

Meh thats what I do :D Never got in trouble. From the ages of 10-12 probably already spent an estimated $2500 :D Created an Ebay account in my 5th grade :D

:D Everybody wants new parts every week.

Kill Bill

What I got them from EVGA And I now hope the 8950GX2 will come out within 90 days so then:eek: Imaging Quad DX10 SLI

Kill Bill

Lol i agree. You will be fine with 1g but 2g is even better, but 4g is just unnecessary =), and what do you need a terabyte of memory for. I would go
for two 320gigs. That will save you a lot of money.

I usually burn all my films on to the pc which I have about 20 of them. And I have 210PC Games;)

Interested

Meh thats what I do :D Never got in trouble. From the ages of 10-12 probably already spent an estimated $2500 :D Created an Ebay account in my 5th grade :D

:D Everybody wants new parts every week.

lol. this week i want 2gb of ram so i have been listing 50+ items for my parents n thier ebay store. 10 more items to go and i GET MY 2GB OF RAM. FINALLY!!!!! :D

jonny-chip

Yeah but that build will a bomb !!! seriously he doesnt need all that :mad: oh and remmber some people like to lie because they get a thrill out of it and especially at his age.... if he is that age -.- but am not saying he's lieing :p

Last edited: