Show off your speed

spirit

Staff member
Do they not have 4G or LTE there yet?

Not where I live, no. But apparently there is 4G in the centre of Norwich. I've yet to discover that though.

I do live in quite a rural area of the country (compared to where most UK users on here live) and in most parts of the UK you can't even get a decent 3G signal let alone 4G!

I'm sure I can get 4G in London though, so next time I'm down there I'll post a Speedtest screenshot.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Still love Comcast!

Insane... how much is that monthly?

I just ran this. The upload is more inline with what I pay for (30dn/30up), not as much out of whack like the previous tests. I'd like the dn speed a little higher.

Last edited:

Stattovic

Not sure how to show this on here but it says

Ping 22 ms, Download 9.92 Mbps, Upload 0.81 Mbps.

Is that good or otherwise.

spirit

Staff member
I'd expect much faster for Southampton. I'm outside Norwich and getting 30mbps down, 5mbps up.

Darren

Staff member
Free dorm internet. Wifi is a bit spotty but ethernet seems to be better.

So our internet package in the dorms was 20 down 5 up for free and you could pay more for better speeds. Well apparently it forgot about that because I just got this score.

Darren

Staff member
How much does it cost for better speeds?

I don't remember exactly how much but I know the next speed tier up was like 30 down and maybe 10 up for an additional 40 bucks a semeseter?

Edit: Looks like 30/10 for $15 or 50/20 for $35. That's per semester. And I did another speed test and I'm still getting 95 up and down. Weird. But cool for me!

Double edit: Actually I guess it was speed testing an internal server for some reason because contacting a server close to Wichita gets me this.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I don't remember exactly how much but I know the next speed tier up was like 30 down and maybe 10 up for an additional 40 bucks a semeseter?

Edit: Looks like 30/10 for $15 or 50/20 for $35. That's per semester. And I did another speed test and I'm still getting 95 up and down. Weird. But cool for me!

Double edit: Actually I guess it was speed testing an internal server for some reason because contacting a server close to Wichita gets me this.
That's not too bad actually, cool idea

Darren

Staff member
Yeah if you're really a power user I guess the 30/10 would be good, and it's pretty cheap too. Even for me 20/5 is plenty since I'm used to like 7/2 at home. Wifi is pretty terrible though for gaming, pretty high ping.

CrayonMuncher

Finally moved to my own place now able to upgrade from the 0.90Mbs at my old shared house

3762461616.png

Last edited: