Show us where you live (kinda)

Punk

Staff member
Hey guys,

I've been having this idea of a thread where we can show our area in pictures. Wether you live in the city, countryside or mountains there are a lot of pictures to show. Here are a few of mine:

The Vercors (mountains right next to my house)
grandveymond1.jpg

murinaissunset-1.jpg

vercorssudbrume-1.jpg

DruiseFalls.jpg

Sunsetfazoctobre2010-1.jpg

And here are some from the Alpes, less than 3 hours of driving from my house (mostly due to mountain roads):

Ecrins.jpg

Dibona.jpg

This one was actually taken during a uni field trip (I'm studying earth science, geology):

Taillefere-1.jpg

kandahar7-1.jpg

kandahar8-1.jpg

I just love living here, it is heaven for mountain lovers!

From these poctures, you might think I live in the mountains, but no, I just live right before the mountains, in the valley. Look up Grenoble if you're curious.

This is about 10 mins away for where I am. I will get some pics of my backyard/ woods later.

2a00pc1.jpg

This one is about 5 hrs away.

nfk02e.jpg

This is nothing compared to where you live punk:good:

Punk

Staff member
This is actually Grenoble:

DSC_3129.jpg

DSC_3120.jpg

Took those a week ago :).

The place I took those pictures from gets a mediterranean weather, explaining the palm trees :)

Gun

Damn you guys live in some nice places! This was taken right near my house. Sorry for the crappy quality, I quickly snapped it with an old camera :p.
This is Australia btw, see any Kangaroos? :p
S6301216.jpg

Punk

Staff member
Damn you guys live in some nice places! This was taken right near my house. Sorry for the crappy quality, I quickly snapped it with an old camera :p.
This is Australia btw, see any Kangaroos? :p
S6301216.jpg

I must go to Australia! You guys have the oldest rock from the Earth's Crust :D

Perkomate

This is the beach that is ~200 metres walk from my house.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

pc_newport.jpg

Newport-Beach.jpg

Looks pretty good, hey. I love this place, wouldn't move for the world.

Darren

Staff member
I live in Kansas. So if you want to see some wheat fields let me know...

I'm in a large (ish) city however.

spirit

Staff member
Show us some photos of the city. :D

I will get more photos of Norwich up soon. Off school next Thursday, so maybe I can go into Norwich and get some photos then. :)

novicegeek

Oh yeah, I drove my wife across Kansas on our way to Colorado. I tried to warn her about it, but there just wasn't any words to describe what she was about to experience. Half way across, we were praying for a carjacking.

G80FTW

I'm in a large (ish) city however.

:good:

EDIT: Some pictures I took a few years ago of Kansas City:

And my home state, Florida:

My mom is gonna hate me for showing everyone this, but the house she grew up in:

That boat has not moved in over 30 years.

Last edited:

Perkomate

My mom is gonna hate me for showing everyone this, but the house she grew up in:

That boat has not moved in over 30 years.

Not going to lie, that house looks really fun to live in. That's my favourite style of housing, where everything is everywhere, lots of big toys to play with too.

G80FTW

Not going to lie, that house looks really fun to live in. That's my favourite style of housing, where everything is everywhere, lots of big toys to play with too.

Haha....if only you seen the inside (or lack there of) and the side yard beyond that fence......mowers as far as the eye can see.

Darren

Staff member
Oh yeah, I drove my wife across Kansas on our way to Colorado. I tried to warn her about it, but there just wasn't any words to describe what she was about to experience. Half way across, we were praying for a carjacking.

Yeah the Eastern corners of the state are somewhat interesting but the 2/3 of the state on the west are just fields and fields of wheat and corn.

G80FTW

Yeah the Eastern corners of the state are somewhat interesting but the 2/3 of the state on the west are just fields and fields of wheat and corn.

Driving down 35 you dont even see the fields. Just pasture of green rolling hills. 70 west is pretty similar. Longest stretch of road it feels like. Because you cant wait to hit the border but it seems like Kansas goes on forever.

strollin

I was stationed at Ft. Riley, KS for a year when I was in the army, winter there was too cold and summer too hot and humid.

I live out in the country in a small town in N Calif with population around 7K, surrounded by farms and horse stables. Here's an aerial photo of my house:

house.jpg

Last edited:

tremmor

Love the landscape strollin and the U drive. Someone mentioned living in cardboard box.
Not funny and seen people living in refrigerator boxes etc. I have made tours and visit and traveled many country's and likely still exist.