Show us your Windows Experience Index Scores!

lucasbytegenius

Here's mine:
4QORu.png

Last edited:

lucasbytegenius

Good set of scores there, what are your specs?

CPU: AMD FX-8320 8-core CPU clocked at 3.5 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix Sport
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 660
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM

Haven't really played with overclocking yet on my CPU, and my GPU is kinda average for a gaming PC, but it works.

dwall

Both my towers, older (main downloading/media sytstem) and newest (daily use for email/web surfing/documents editing and creration), are 5.9. Can't wait to see score on new laptop when it arrives.

Darren

Staff member
I have same speed of RAM as Lucas as well as the same processor. I'm guessing W8 and W7 calculate scores differently. Also of note is that W7 says the max it goes to is 7.9 but W8 is 9.9

ElsNfWY.png

spirit

Staff member
I have same speed of RAM as Lucas as well as the same processor. I'm guessing W8 and W7 calculate scores differently. Also of note is that W7 says the max it goes to is 7.9 but W8 is 9.9
Yup, I'm pretty sure they do. With Windows 7 you can easily get 7.9 on most of the tests (CPU is the hardest to get 7.9 on I think), but I've not seen anybody get 9.9 on Windows 8 yet. I guess when we start seeing more powerful hardware come out, people will be able to get closer to 9.9 (like when 7 was released, it was hard to get 7.9).

Vista is capped at 5.9 and it's dead easy to get 5.9. All you need is a Q6600, 4GB of DDR2 RAM, an 8800 GT or something around that speed and even a 5900 RPM HDD will score 5.9.

spirit

Staff member
I have just read (on Wikipedia admittedly) that Windows 8.1 will no include the WEI. I'll have to see if that's true tomorrow when I download 8.1 from Windows Update.

lucasbytegenius

Yup, I'm pretty sure they do. With Windows 7 you can easily get 7.9 on most of the tests (CPU is the hardest to get 7.9 on I think), but I've not seen anybody get 9.9 on Windows 8 yet. I guess when we start seeing more powerful hardware come out, people will be able to get closer to 9.9 (like when 7 was released, it was hard to get 7.9).

Vista is capped at 5.9 and it's dead easy to get 5.9. All you need is a Q6600, 4GB of DDR2 RAM, an 8800 GT or something around that speed and even a 5900 RPM HDD will score 5.9.

This is why WEI results from Windows 7 don't matter anymore.

WEI never really mattered in the first place though.
You know if you don't use the bookmark bar, you can use Ctrl-Shift-B to disable it so it's only on the new tab page. And if I may ask, how do you use chrome as the control panel/Windows Explorer like that?

It looks like some kind of theme/skin for Windows Explorer.

It's called Clover, and it's not Chrome. http://ejie.me/

spirit

Staff member
This is why WEI results from Windows 7 don't matter anymore.

WEI never really mattered in the first place though.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

Looks like from tomorrow it will be redundant all together, since WEI is apparently going to be discontinued in 8.1.