Slow speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Classic "it's how I did it when I was younger, and that's how it will always be" mentality.

I'm not saying you shouldn't use it, but mainly to regain free space. Clearing files which SOLE purpose is to speed up performance by making those files quickly available, is simply nonsense. (Also why it didn't help this person)
It clears the CRAP out of the temporary folders. If you're infected with something, it'll leave CRAP in the TEMPORARY FOLDERS, which is why you should run it as part of a malware removal process.

Geoff

VIP Member
It clears the CRAP out of the temporary folders. If you're infected with something, it'll leave CRAP in the TEMPORARY FOLDERS, which is why you should run it as part of a malware removal process.
No argument there. My argument is solely that clearing cache speeds up your PC.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
All I can say is if you really had hands on experience then you would say that it does. I've done this for years Geoff, I know what I'm talking about. Stick with your networking lol

DMGrier

VIP Member
Ccleaner does work IMO, clearing cache and temp files are beneficial for two reasons....

First off the more crap your computer and applications have to sort through the more time that can take....

Also another not uncommon area is some cache files can become corrupt like any other file, so an application referencing a corrupt cache file can cause some serious slow downs and application stability problems.

Either way a good System File Cleanup, removal of unnecessary application, stop application from boot and doing some infection removal would find this beneficial.

On a side note did no one catch this comment...
sir can i discuss about hacking.

No one find the question odd or out of place for the topic?

I_f05647_706233.jpg

Shirshak Roy

Are there no other ways of making it faster.I dont have the ccleaner as it has expired.So can anyone give the full version.Using ccleaner my laptop had been working perfectly.

Geoff

VIP Member
Are there no other ways of making it faster.I dont have the ccleaner as it has expired.So can anyone give the full version.Using ccleaner my laptop had been working perfectly.
CCleaner has a free version. And the next best thing is to reinstall Windows.

Shirshak Roy

Sir please can you give me a perfect link for download.Because the software expires every 30 days.So i want a full version.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I recommend running it every couple weeks if you are browsing the web a lot. I only visit less than 10 websites so it doesn't really pay me to run it more than once every few months. But if you are running on a regular HDD and visiting many websites, it really does help running Ccleaner once every couple weeks.

SpriteMidr

Sir please can you give me a perfect link for download.Because the software expires every 30 days.So i want a full version.

Where did you get CCleaner from..? If you got it from Piriform, you must have seen the free download button...so if you got it from elsewhere... it could be a dodgy version which may have installed other stuff you don't need. John would know more though, as that is more his area than mine.

Ccleaner, defraggler, etc will only help to a certain extent. It is probably quicker to reformat and reinstall your OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.